Dear God Please......

Weeks?

I think it's gunna be 3 months more, right?

I wonder what stops there being, at the point of "obviously getting pretty close to ready", a "gamma test phase", where you can get betas of the game as long as you sign something that promises ... well ... almost anything. I hereby promise not to

complain if I play this game, until it is released. I promise to buy it. Heck, I'll pay already...

GaJ

Please, no more 'not another CMSF release' quips. Here, try this on for size. Go away for a year or two, come back when CMBN has gone through the patch cycle and released all three modules, and then voila! you'll have 'perfection'. In the interval, the rest of us can read less drivel and be enjoying the game. It's a win-win for all involved. How does that work for you?

Unfortunately, in RL one doesn't get judged on "this is just a rough draft, I'm working on a much better version."

People look at what you gave them. They decide if that material sucks or not, pigeonhole you as mediocre/useless or whatever, and they move on. I learned this the hard way.

It's rare to get a 2nd chance. (Having a huge first hit like CM1 can give you that 2nd chance of course.)

Well, that was the reason the game was released with so many bugs. They had a deal with another company, Paradox I believe, for distribution in certain parts of the world. They had a firm deadline which couldn't be moved. As you can see with how long it has taken to finish CMBN, it took BFC much longer than they originally planned to finish CMSF, but due to the deadline they had to release it as it was. The game was playable, but certainly not up to BFC's standards, nor those of its customers. Of course, they released several patches to get the game to where it should have been upon release.

They don't have a deadline this time around, so they can wait, and have waited, until the game is where they want it to be. That doesn't mean CMBN game is "finished," because as BFC will admit, no game is ever "finished." There are always features they will have wanted to include but never could if the game was ever to be released. Things may get added with patches, or in modules, or may even have to wait until the next game. But BFC has cautioned us not to expect as many features to be added via patches to CMBN as there were with CMSF, since many of those additions were due to the incomplete state when CMSF was released.

Unfortunately, in RL one doesn't get judged on "this is just a rough draft, I'm working on a much better version."

People look at what you gave them. They decide if that material sucks or not, pigeonhole you as mediocre/useless or whatever, and they move on. I learned this the hard way.

It's rare to get a 2nd chance. (Having a huge first hit like CM1 can give you that 2nd chance of course.)

The man speaks the truth.

I'm sure some/most of you of are just kidding, but if any of you aren't, asking BFC to release the game early before it is ready so that a few people can play it early is like asking them to shoot themselves in the foot. And it's never, never, NEVER EVER going to happen anyways. Might as well piss on a forest fire and try to put it out.