Northern California CM:BN Preview

Hey all. I and a pair of BFC's trusty beta testers, Normal Dude and Field Marshall Blucher, will be hosting a preview of CM:BN in the Oakland / SF area in late February. As with the other previews, venue and date will depend on interest and availability - it'll likely be on one of the last two weekends in February, and the main event will probably be on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I've got a spot in mind, right near bars, a good hotel, and our friendly local wargame store but I'll need a tentative headcount before I try to book it.

I'll be there, so if you'd like to personally pester a BFC staff member for information that I'll have to deny any knowledge of, this is your chance. :) Food, accommodation, transport are all up to you but are all easy to get at. If enough people are interested I can set up a post-preview dinner at an area restaurant.

Let us know if you're interested and what dates will work for you.

Phil

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have hired a bouncer and instructed him to kick out anyone who mentions the phrase "Bren tripods".

Is that coming out of the "Bren tripod defense" slush fund? ;)

I'll see if I can put together a visit. Thanks for setting up a preview!

Great! And no problem.

Very possible I'll go. What venues do you have in mind?

My hope is to snag a space at Endgame in Oakland - dunno if you've been there, but it's very wargamer-friendly - we'd like as not get some drop-ins. If I can't manage that I'll probably get a conference space nearby. There's good eating around there and BART is just a couple blocks away.

My hope is to snag a space at Endgame in Oakland - dunno if you've been there, but it's very wargamer-friendly - we'd like as not get some drop-ins. If I can't manage that I'll probably get a conference space nearby. There's good eating around there and BART is just a couple blocks away.

Never been there, but bloody hell, it's next door to Pacific Coast Brewing, and a block from The Trappist both of which I'm fans of.

Odds of me going have just improved dramatically! :D

I have stayed at the Marriott right there before. Very nice. Can sometimes get smoking deals (like I did) from Hotwire.

Yah, BART is a stones throw. I'll take Caltrain up, then to BART. Cool.

Never been there, but bloody hell, it's next door to Pacific Coast Brewing, and a block from The Trappist both of which I'm fans of.

Odds of me going have just improved dramatically! :D

Excellent! Yeah, it really is a great spot. Honestly I'll probably do food and some miniatures-shopping around there whether I manage to get the space or not. :) It's best to be off the street by dark around there but during the day...fantastic.

I have stayed at the Marriott right there before. Very nice. Can sometimes get smoking deals (like I did) from Hotwire.

Yah, BART is a stones throw. I'll take Caltrain up, then to BART. Cool.

Yep, BART's right there and if I can't get Endgame I'll try and land a space at that Marriott. There's an amazing (and I mean that) BBQ place just up the street near Jack London Square too if anyone's up for the walk.