1.31 Patch Out!

Boche

I can just imagine the BF.C guys smugly smiling over all the goodness contained in v1.31 while they ate their Thanksgiving turkey. You just KNOW that it was ready yesterday!! ;)

Thanks guys!

Now, let us all know: how the heck did you fix the nvidia light flashing?

Ken

* Firing sound changed for C14, C15, L115A3, AWSMF, G22 sniper rifles.

Now I won't hear one of my own sniper rifles firing and think it's an SVD taking out my pixeltruppen. =P

* When loading a scenario from v1.21 or earlier, custom "unit names" for individual squads, teams and vehicles are not applied to their leaders' names. Unit names for formations are unaffected.

[just kidding] Noooooooooo! [/just kidding] If only I'd known about this, I wouldn't have gone back to my pre-v1.21 scenarios and reverted the formerly unit, now leader names to their defaults. >.>

* Vehicles don't automatically stop firing when some passengers are disembarking.

Thank you! =D Whenever I had an APC/IFV laying down covering fire and it paused its firing while its passengers disembarked, I always expected an RPG to come flying out of somewhere in their few-second window and knock out the vehicle and casualty-ize several of the dismounts. =/

* nVidia light-flashing bug is fixed.

Awesome! Ironically, however, I had managed to not suffer this especially recalcitrant bug by reverting to an older set of drivers, which, strangely, had not adversely affected any of my other games.

As expected, the lighting bug is 100% nVidia's. And it apparently was a very nasty one to work around too. Took Phil nearly 2 weeks to track down and implement a work around that fully solved the problem and did NOT cause other problems. The latter is why you didn't get v1.31 earlier in the week :D

Sometimes we can work around driver bugs, sometimes we can't. Sometimes we can do it so the end user is completely fixed up, other times we can't. Fortunately, the end result of the fix is great for you guys. Still stinks for us that we had to spend 2 weeks fixing something that never should have been broken in the first place :(

Steve

Any considerations with current PBEM or saved games?

Hmmm... probably OK if you're playing with v1.30, but I doubt anything earlier would work.

Note that some things we fixed in v1.31 are determined at the time the game is started, therefore some of the fixes won't show up in a game already underway but *probably* won't break anything.

The three standard options available to you are:

1. Finish out the PBEM game using whatever version you have.

2. Duplicate your CM:SF install, upgrade the duplicate, and see if there are problems. If there are, play with the old install until finished then remove the old install.

3. Upgrade your one and only install after saving out the old EXE. Try out your PBEM game, and if it doesn't work then downgrade by pulling the v1.31 EXE out of the folder, putting back in the earlier EXE, and temporarily move the BRZs out of the Data Folder that the patch installs. When your PBEM game is complete, just move the v1.31 EXE and BRZs back in.

Steve