NATO module content - some info

Webwing

I certainly hope Scipio will be able to do that without much trouble. I really do love the weapons icons and can't live without them! Ok, I can, but I prefer them 100 times over. They should come with the game.

Absolutely concur with this! Afghanistan looks plain bizarre with bright green weapon icons, compared to SF with scipio's modded icons. It's surprising how much ambience this little thing adds to the game.

Absolutely concur with this! Afghanistan looks plain bizarre with bright green weapon icons, compared to SF with scipio's modded icons. It's surprising how much ambience this little thing adds to the game.

Weapons icons, voice and weapon sounds, and casualty icons add so much. I really like seeing those skull and cross bones appear on th enemy.

I live for the campaigns! Get finishing them now... They are a great part of the game and I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into the NATO ones. I haven't dabbled with the CMA campaign yet however - still working on my tactics in single missions. But I've finished two Brit campaigns, and 2 US marine campaigns, with my third in progress. Hell, I should be a beta tester :D

This looks great thanks very much.

Digressing slightly as you do, having played Afghanistan a bit now, I like some of the additional artillery options, like harass, and general/personnel for the type of air strike - will these extra features be in the NATO module?

Affirmative:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=93153&page=3

I certainly hope Scipio will be able to do that without much trouble. I really do love the weapons icons and can't live without them! Ok, I can, but I prefer them 100 times over. They should come with the game.

Hopefully Mord can pull off a Canadian accent. :D "Squad, Move Oot!"

While the guys who are getting paid do great work, I really think we owe a lot to quite a few of these guys who spend a significant portion of their free unpaid time helping to make the game better. Thanks for all the work!

I asked if the Canadians will have their own voice files in the stock release and the answer was no they use the American voices but the file names are different so it can be easily modded. One question was WHICH Canadian accent to use.

Is there a difference between Canadian and American accents? I imagine the French Canadians might sound like an American trying to do a French accent...but I couldn't tell a Canadian from an American....

bet this post will do some heads in....but I honestly can't tell the difference..;)

The French Canadian accent is actually quite distinct and not at all like an the inflection of an American English native speaker trying to speak French as a second language. French Canadian can actually sound somewhat archaic to an Old World French speaker -- some words and phrases that were used in the French of the 16th-17th century, when most of the French Settlers to the New World came over, are still used in French Canadian, but have fallen into disuse in Europe.

There are actually several dialects of French spoken in Francophone Canada. But Quebec French aka Laurentian French, is far and away the most common.

But since Steve of BFC lives in Maine, I'm sure he has plenty of first-hand experience with all this. From what I've heard, he makes occasional trips North of the border for proper poutine and Unibroue. :D

Cheers,

Nick

P.S.: If you're talking about English dialects, there are also some very distinct differences between Canadian and American Dialects of English. How big a difference depends partially on geographical distance. My mother grew up in Northern New York State and sounds more like someone from Ontario than she does someone from Texas. There's also some distinct similarities between the dialects of, say, North Dakota and Manitoba, but also some important differences if you know what to listen for. Depends on what area you're talking aboot. Ya got it, eh?