Your best screen shot, Part 3

I figure that eventually someone from BFC will make an appearance on the forums again, and when they do, they will close down the previous incarnation of the screen shot thread, as it is already well over 300 posts. So I thought I'd open a new one right now with this pretty little scene from an ongoing PBEM:

The battle is 'Strength and Faith', and my rebel Syrian army conscripts are trying to defend a government compound against loyalist Republican Guards (or was it the other way round and I'm the loyalists? What the hell, doesn't matter ;) ). Well into the battle, the enemy has outflanked me and shot a hole into the compound wall. His vehicles have begun infiltrating the compound and a veritable scramble ensues:

tankbefore.jpg

This pesky bugger has taken 5 or 6 RPG's in the face and is still going. His main gun appears to be damaged, but his MG's are wreaking havoc on my infantry in the compound. The tank eluded my own steel beast standing in the middle of the compound two turns ago in a speedy maneuver, and had two BMP's guarding his butt (in the far right of the shot), making it impossible for my tank to follow him. Luckily, in the last turn, my heroic RPG gunners took out both BMP's, so the hunt can begin, resulting in this:

tankboom.jpg

Even a conscript crew can make THAT shot! Way to open a tin can :D...notice the enemy tank rocking forward from the impact, while mortar shells fall in the background, and the buildings in the compound are pummelled by area fire from the outside. A very dramatic close-quarters fight...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More pics

CMShockForce2010-02-1121-52-29-32.jpg

A Syrian soldier turns the wrong corner and meets a British firing Squad.

Unconventional Crack sniper drops 2 different moving targets from around 600 meters out.Both targets try to point out where the shot came from as they fell.

CMShockForce2010-03-1816-31-53-57.jpg

Same sniper and position, new target.

CMShockForce2010-03-0516-10-41-05.jpg

A Marine carrying a SMAW jumps a small wall and receives multiple small arms fire from the houses behind while doing it.

CMShockForce2010-03-1919-30-30-72.jpg

Even in big battles with many people by your side, there's always a one on one moment that emerges.

CMShockForce2010-04-0117-43-06-64.jpg

If your referring to the T-shirt british unit's in Alex's screenshot on the first page, those aren't mine, I don't remember who made those off the top of my head. I only did a Multi-terrain pattern reskin for the brits.

I'd also recommend looking Mord's other mods in addition to those camoed fighters pictured, he's made a lot of good stuff.

Check out the missing ERA block from a hit, the detail is top notch as always.

m2a3.jpg

One interesing thing about these picts is viewing other peoples graphics cards at work. I'm playing on an older ATI card with the settings turned down for game speed. Sometimes the game can look a bit scary playing that way. Then occassionally I go in and turn up all my settings for making screenshots and exclaim "Wow! Is that how the game really looks!?" :D

If your referring to the T-shirt british unit's in Alex's screenshot on the first page, those aren't mine,

Yes it's my mistake - Brits in T-shirts it's a billy_sp mod.

2 Ryujin amazing screen.

2 MikeyD

:-) and I'm too have same problem with old card.

WOW!!! Nice Bradley Pictures.

The Tank In the first post, and the Bradley pic are looking like master pieces.:)

I got myself a new graphics card and I can now play CMSF with all settings maxed out.I can't wait to see how the screen shots are going to turn out now.The little details really make the game come to life:)