Your best screen shot, Part 3

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know you can swap models right?

Just rename the spy model and textures as fighter ones and your fighters will now appear as spies!

Nope. Didn't know that. Where do you find the actual model? I've only seen texture BMPs.

I'll screw around with it..see what happens.

Mord.

Im afraid I can't delve into the files right now but each model has a name similar to the texture name and I think I remember the file extension was .lod or something. Sorry I can't be more help!

Models have self explanitory names like "us-soldier.mds", but the textures may or may not share the same names and such, but are usually easy to figure out. i.e. "vest.bmp" is the army vest, "Marine-vest" is the Marine vest.

.mds are soldier models

.mdr are "ridged" moles like vehicles and objects.

Some models will have -lod-# in the name, showing which level of detail this model corisponds too. No Auto-LODing or LODs packaged within one file

So for example:

t-72m1.mdr (LOD 0, highest detail T-72 model)

t-72m1-lod-1.mdr

t-72m1-lod-2.mdr

t-72m1-lod-3.mdr

t-72m1-lod-4.mdr (Lowest detail)

To be safe you may want to swap all of em, and make sure you swap the appropriate LODs.

2962153510100808906S600x600Q85.jpg

Enemy RPG fired by Mark Ezra's heartless thugs whizzing past my mostly dead troops, on its way to kill one of my BMPs. Note I.D. number on side of RPG.

Full disclosure: I softened the outlines of the RPG--too jaggy on my ancient computer. Otherwise unretouched.

And I agree with Lethaface's post above: equating Muslims with gun-toting jihadists is like equating Catholics with child molesters. Remember: all generalizations are false including this one.

I'll be darned. An RPG fired at my men in a recent battle had the exact same ID number. Since we're not talking about the same battle here (mine was not Red vs. Red), obviously this means the game is fundamentally flawed!

I demand full retraceability of all ordinance used in game to country of production, plant, production batch, date - as well as documentation on export if applicable and allocation to the individual unit firing the round. Seriously, there are international treaties about these things!!!

BFC, please fix or do sumfink. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In a PBEM recently, the move ended exactly on this frame:

e214ab6b37.jpg

My poor lil' leo getting smoked by the M1128. I guess it found the weak spot just underneath the main gun and punched all the way through.

Is this possible? I suppose that once it penetrates the weak spot there's not much to stop it going out the other side, but I would have thought that it would be more likely to happen with the higher velocity guns than the M1128's 105mm.

M1128 gun is not low velocity, it is high velocity low recoil M68A2/L52 105mm gun a derivative of M68A1/L52 105mm tank gun used on the M1 and M1IP Abrams tanks, and it is upgraded version of M68/L52 105mm gun that can be found on M60, M60A1 and M60A3 tanks, M68 is a licence version of British L7A1 gun.

M68A2 105mm gun can fire as M68A1 such APFSDS rounds like M900 that are capabale to go through gun mask and mantle weak zone.

I was a lucky shot! Tank was disabled or get on fire?

M68A2 105mm gun can fire as M68A1 such APFSDS rounds like M900 that are capabale to go through gun mask and mantle weak zone.

I was a lucky shot! Tank was disabled or get on fire?

Actually an unlucky shot for me :mad:

The tank was immediately knocked out, no fire, no injuries. Can you imagine what it might be like crewing a tank if something like that happened?

"Holy C###! WTF was that!?"

It's hard to believe that there would be no serious injuries.

The tank was immediately knocked out, no fire, no injuries. Can you imagine what it might be like crewing a tank if something like that happened?

"Holy C###! WTF was that!?"

Well, nobody probably would say anything, they would just go out vehicle as quickly as possible.

It's hard to believe that there would be no serious injuries.

Nah, actually it is possible, probably only loader could have been injured or killed at this hit angle and place of perforation.