Your best screen shot, Part 3

Great stuff, Ryujin! Your Photoshop skills really bring out extra drama and suspense in those shots...

@ souldierz: Those two shots in my first post are vanilla screenies (no Photoshop etc) from the game at maxed-out graphics settings. Enjoy your new graphics card ;)!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And following on, a Challenger 2 tank wins the "close encounters of the explosive kind" contest:

Now, I know there's a BMP around here somewhere...

close1.jpg

Ah, there it is...

close2.jpg

I wonder what actually happens in real life if you fire a Challenger 2 main gun when the surface of the BMP turret is about 1 foot from the end of the barrel. I know an HE round wouldn't arm itself that close, but an APFSDS? And would the gun blast itself do anything that close against a pretty lightly armoured target? (I'd guess not on the latter).

BTW the Brit "Battlegroup Attacks" scenario is a lot of fun :)

I wonder what actually happens in real life if you fire a Challenger 2 main gun when the surface of the BMP turret is about 1 foot from the end of the barrel. I know an HE round wouldn't arm itself that close, but an APFSDS? And would the gun blast itself do anything that close against a pretty lightly armoured target? (I'd guess not on the latter).

HE ammo or HESH in case of CR2 is armed already, not after some distance, as most ammo used by tanks main gun. ;-)

If gunner used laser range finder, then if range is smaller than safe distance, ballistic computer will block fire command. Of course still gun can be fired if, range is bigger or same as minimal safe distance.

Gun tube should not be damaged in such close range but, gin tube thermal sleeve, bore evacuator, even main sights can be damaged.

Besides this, in such close range, TC should use his HMG, in such range 12,7x99mm AP ammo is deadly for BMP's.

• 2 weeks later...

Smile,someone has you in their scope.

CMShockForce2010-05-0715-48-07-04.jpg

Might need new trousers,either these ones are dirty or theirs plenty of holes in 'em.

CMShockForce2010-05-0715-26-39-11.jpg

Shot in the gut,they say it's the most painful spot to get shot, but then again any spot to get shot is painful, maybe we can ask him and see what he thinks...

CMShockForce2010-05-0716-00-17-55.jpg

The fire is in their eyes, let em have it lads!

CMShockForce2010-05-0715-56-47-03.jpg

X marks the spot, and I bet your girlfriend made you feel like this at one point... your X girlfriend that is.

CMShockForce2010-05-0716-10-35-65.jpg

@ souldierz

What mod do you use for the dirty Syrian uniforms ?

At the moment, I use

Syrian Army Ragtag Mod v1.1 (Dirty) Regular Army Uniform Pack

and

Syrian Army Ragtag Mod v1.1 (Dirty) Reserve Army Uniform Pack

I also use the Faces of Syria Mods and Ruyjin SF.

Old pic of Marines I took that i thought looked cinematic,

CMShockForce2009-12-3122-59-32-86.jpg

• 4 weeks later...