Update?

skelley

As January comes to a close we are one month closer to the release of CM: Normandy. As far as I know, the game itself is done, but it could take them a few more months to come up with a name. :)

It would be pretty kool if they had some kind of contest for the game name. Keep it simple, if they use the name you give then they send you a free copy. Only three entries per account.

So how about CM: Impact Overlord or CM: Beyond D-Day.

I think with all these great names we are coming up with, it makes it harder for BFC to find a great name for themselves to think of so they could avoid the contest and take the credit for being clever at summing up the Western front conflict in few words:).

Soon enough they will have to pick a name that was mentioned by the community and run with it because we already took all the great names that they wanted to use, or the more names we come up with the smaller BFC's list is going to be until they take the one name that's not scratched off the list that no one mentioned, but yet was obvious as the sky being blue and then claim their free copy of Combat Mission Name Pending.:D

Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord Next Generation.

CM:BONG Their motto "One smoking hot game" or is that "One hot smoking game"

Prediction: It will go to pre-release in a few weeks once the Strategic Command WWII Global Conflict is in full release. No sense overloading the market with multiple products at once.

We're still a ways away. We have no intention of dragging this out into the summer (we've lost enough of those, thanks very much!), but we're also not rushing things either.

The best thing I can say is that progress is extremely smooth and no bumps. We've worked through the tough stuff and now it's just a matter of a lot of grunt work to get all the details sewn up.

I'm finally able to work on NATO again too, so that's a good sign ;)

Steve

Afghanistan is coming along very nicely too. Fortunately I don't have to do the grunt work on that one any more. I finished my homework, now it's others who have to do grunt work :)

Steve

I distinctly remember Moon or one of you saying that the website and forums for Afghanistan will be finalized in the next week. Then it will put up shortly thereafter. But this was way back in November, I could track this post down but I'm far too lazy for that.

Also will you guys give Charlie Wilson a free copy, I think he's earned it? :D

CharlieWilsonsWarII.jpg

(Not Tom Hanks but the real guy) Great movie though.