Joe Shaw will so be upset when he sees I started a new Peng Challenge thread

No.

You forgot to mention that China, with its apparent total disregard for the value of human life is trying to poison off consumers of their products, including Westerners. Then I get cranky thinking about how I expect more from my own government in terms of protecting its citizens from these sorts of happenings.

I know, right? It pisses me off.

Then I remember I'm Canadian, so I shrug it all off, put down my coffee and head to work thinking about how nice my stay in Cuba was.

I would like to exercise my right to ratify the entirety of that statement, except for the last line.

I am not Canadian; do not "head off" (is not having a head a condition of employment?) to work; and regrettably have never visited Cuba.

Michael

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you "regret" not having visited Cuba, Michael? Are you a 50's car buff, do you like Ropa Vieja con habachuelas? You can have all that stuff right here in the USA.

The Cubans chose their lot in life. Those that objected are either in prison or Miami.

Its a beautiful place, as are most islands in the Caribbean, maybe someday they will decide to return to the family on nations, whatever that is. Time will tell.

As to Seanachai's point. I'm sure we would buy Cuban goods, if they had anything to sell.

I'll take "Things Custard wishes he could get his hands on" for $200, Alex.

Collect your $200 Brew Madly. Then buy me a beer.

As for motorcycles, Mechial Yerms, years ago I decided I'd be getting thrills out of them until I was dead - about two weeks after I started riding. One of those life choices I might have made correctly.;)

Mechial Yerms

Oh come now, lad, surely you can do better than that. You are turning into a real disappointment. Just not up to the heady atmosphere of the MBT I suppose. Given the general performance of the Ozlanders, one is led to the inevitable conclusion that there isn't anything Down Under to hone one's wits on. Too bad. Of course, you chaps do make good cannon fodder, a fact duly noted in the Mother Country quite some time back.

Michael

You are turning into a real disappointment.

And Emrys should know. He's the poster boy for disappointment, failure, frustration, disillusionment, ineffectivness, shortcomings and defeat.

With all that on his plate, it's a wonder he gets anything accomplished. Oh, wait... that's right... he doesn't.

I would say that being criticised by Michael is somewhat akin to being flogged with lettuce leaves. In the interests of maintaining my well deserved reputation for veracity I shall endeavour to carry out the comparison. Off to search for volunteers... and lettuces.

I would say that being criticised by Michael is somewhat akin to being flogged with lettuce leaves. In the interests of maintaining my well deserved reputation for veracity I shall endeavour to carry out the comparison. Off to search for volunteers... and lettuces.

Hint....try Vic Market for the lettuces.

PS you have a 'well deserved reputation'?! Not bad for a SSN.

Hint....try Vic Market for the lettuces.

PS you have a 'well deserved reputation'?! Not bad for a SSN.

You gotta pay at the market - pinch them from the side of the road and all you have to do is dodge the shotgun pellets and wash off the chook poo. Down Werribee way...

If I'm gonna tell fibs, they might as well serve a purpose. I wear the SSN badge with, um, pride, the right sort of pride, displaying for all to know of my scum sucking newbiness.

Michael displays the sort of pride you can purchase for the price of a self-help tome and the pretense of literacy. Having a conversation with the fellow is like trying to play music on lead bells.

That bugger Papa Khann only had two margaritas, no beer. And I didn't drive him home, I booted him towards his car and went off to have burgers and a beer with a friend of mine.

The thing about people like Papa is, they can drink enough liquor to remain under the legal limit, and still behave like goofballs. I don't know whether to admire him, or pity him.

Lars needn't be smug, either, as the result of the whole thing was we're going to his house on Sunday, the 9th.

I will be after I serve him two Pink Panty Droppers and post the photos.

I propose this Costard (Spelt, but not bolded) as Serf of the Cesspool.

Why? Because he has shown a certain type of stick-to-it-ivness (Granted, it's of the consistency of the scum that scum scrapes off the bottom of it's shoes, but still...), because he's an Aussie, and we never seem to have enough of those daft buggers around to make fun of and finally, because I CAN, CAN, CAN!