The All New Newbie Tournament: Fellowship of the Newbie

OOPs. Sorry Corp, I deleted my old PBEM files before you asked me to write an AAR so they may be a bit short and sweet with no pretty pictures. :rolleyes: Hope you don't mind.

I will ask my opponent if he still has any end files so I can work back useing the debris as memory cards. :D

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SpaceHamster:

aww? Might I ask cpl carrot what those group names mean, I mean lol!

Uruk Hai, Riders of the Mark, Rangers of the North

sounds like HOBOGOBLIN hunt :D

Onward my elfs let's kill'em and drive'em out of our forest(and loot their bodies -that +4 longbow is main then) tongue.gif

This is just a stab in the dark...but could there possibly be a connection between "Fellowship of the Newbie" and "Rangers of the North". Probably not..... :rolleyes::D BTW - are you a giant minature spacehamster, or just a regular one ??? ;):D

Hey - Carrot - Any room for Newbies !!!!???? ;):D

[ July 23, 2002, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: General Tacticus ]

The names are from Lord of the Rings as is the title. I thought it was obvious

I was going to be The Newbie Strikes back but I couldn't decide on who would be the Ewoks :Dsmile.gif

Yarmaluk - no worries. I will try to fix it ASAP. Sorry

Cpl Carrot

Edited cos I can

[ July 24, 2002, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]

Just updated the website so check it out in all of its glory. :D If someones results are not there or I have spelt someones name wrong let me know.

And in breaking news <cue trumpet fanfare> Super Ted has indicated that he won't want the reins back for any CMBB Newbie Tourny so you are stuck with me. Sorry.

General Tacticus: You can be first to join the CMBB Newbie Tourny when I get around to it

Thats all I have to except (you guessed it) BUMP!

[ July 27, 2002, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Just updated the website so check it out in all of its glory. :D If someones results are not there or I have spelt someones name wrong let me know.

And in breaking news <cue trumpet fanfare> Super Ted has indicated that he won't want the reins back for any CMBB Newbie Tourny so you are stuck with me. Sorry.

General Tacticus: You can be first to join the CMBB Newbie Tourny when I get around to it

Thats all I have to except (you guessed it) BUMP!

Hey Cpl Carrot, if needed, we can continue to work with you once, CMBB comes out as well.

Work on the battles for round two is going well. One issue, is that I will be going away next week, and will be for two weeks. So we may just finished them this week and send them to you Friday or Saturday, depends on when I leave.

[ July 29, 2002, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Relieved to see that we have a little more time on round 1. My opponent and I have not been able to get through more than about 1 PBEM exchange per day due to time zones and work commitments. We're currently on turn 23 in both, and a right meat-grinder it's turning out to be...

We have finished the "Snow Warriors" with Former Jarhead at turn 22. Autosurrender saved his last Germans from complete annihilation.

In the "Stand of the Strong" we still have 3 turns left, but I hope the situation in the battle will not change much from now.

Great game, wonderful battles and a worthy opponent! I guess that'll sum it up for us.

M

Good news and lots of bad news folks.

Good news first. Many people have finished their games and are chomping at the bit to continue. Well done

Bad news now. (1) the end date has been pushed back until the 20th August to allow serveral slow pokes to finish up their battles. This is the final extension I assure you.

(2) I have been either sick (flu) or run off my feet to update the website. I hope (fingers, toes, eyes etc crossed) to be able to update it this week end

That is all.