The All New Newbie Tournament: Fellowship of the Newbie

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, thats it, I've had enough. Thin Red Line, SleeStac, Former Jarhead , you are gone. Cataract Jack , you will be taking SleeStac place. I will email you soon. Zarquon, I should have good news for you soon.

Is anyone else AWOL that I need to know about?

Munter , email me describing your situation with PlagueDog .

SuperTed Some warning would have been nice :mad: smile.gif

[ June 28, 2002, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]

Now here for some good news:

Everything well in the game between Pawter and me. Maps look GREAT; we have arrived at turn 5 in both scenarios, and are having a lot of fun. (Mostly we are firing jokes at each other, not many shells yet, because our forces have some difficulty finding the enemy; :D this will soon change, I suspect.)

[ June 28, 2002, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Austrian Strategist ]

Speaking of vanishing without a trace, I need a brave soul to assume a combat command in a very tough section of the RoW II: Boots & Tracks Brawl Tourney. This volunteer would be able to start from scratch. IOW, none of the games have been started yet.

If any of you Newbies have the time to take on five more PBEM games, and want a real challenge, I have what you're looking for. Email me at mikeman@cablelynx.com for details and/or check the first page of the current RoW II thread. Most everything you might want to know is posted there. Thanks for letting me advertise here. tongue.gif

BTW, you would be playing five brand new Boots & Tracks Official scenarios completely blind.

Treeburst155 out.

To all Newbies:

I also recommend that if you have the time and comitment that you sign up for the RoW II Tourny. Don't be put off by the words tough section . Of course I'm a bit put out that I was not asked be thems the breaks.

Treeburst, the advertising space in this thread does not come cheap. My bill is in the mail. :D

Lt Kije I cannot get hold of you. Your email keeps on bouncing. Please contact me urgently with another address (or get your currnet one working)

If I dissappear for few days in near future, that means just that i'm fixing my comp (hoping that i don't have to format :cool: )

becaus windows has once again spontaneously corrupted my hard disk, and done something to little useless little files like config.sys and kernel tongue.gif

But luckilly this is just a little warning nothing to worry about.

Btw CC if someone doesn't respond thats their Prbl just take it :cool:

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Right, thats it, I've had enough. Thin Red Line, SleeStac, Former Jarhead , you are gone.

CC,

I don't know if I'm already kicked out but, for the record I emailed Lt. Kije three days before I went on vacation letting him know I'd be out for a week. With this email I also sent my first turn.

When I returned I had an email from him with his first turn and one from you asking where I went...

I don't know if he didn't get my vacation email or just didn't read it but something got lost.

If I'm kicked out I'd really like to be put on the reserve list as I'm here for good now.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

If anyone has some good news feel free to post - I need some cheering up

Cpl Carrot

Don't know if you consider this good news, but it is information anyway. I really, really HATE bocage!! The two battlefields have plenty of the disgusting stuff. I think it was plenty gamey of the Allies to invade in France (not to mention the Germans who actually defended themselves in France) and force us gamers to deal with this uniquely aggravating terrain feature.

Can't BTS/BFC fix this and let us play out the Normandy campaign in flat, open country (like the movie "Battle of the Bulge" did for the Ardennes forests)? It would sure simplify things a lot. :D