The All New Newbie Tournament: Fellowship of the Newbie

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 2 turns in both games have been painful for my opponent. At least it looked painful from my view. I consider it revenge for his caputuring my <edit> with a <edit>. :mad:

I have had no problem with the bocage. Hard to beat it for hiding my AT assests.

Edited because I wasn't thinking.

[ July 09, 2002, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Alan ]

Doh! Sorry Cpl Carrot and Webs. I didn't mean to blab stuff. :( I was feeling some major relief after a couple of good turns. The beer had nothing to do with it.

It looks like it is shaping up to be a mad melee at the finish.

Well I have some good news and some bad news. I guess you will be wanting the good news first so here goes:

The current standings for the groups are now on the web. Go HERE to view it in all its glory. Please bear in mind that it is a work in progress as I can only read so fast :D Please check that the scores are correct for your battles (for those who have finished)

Now the bad news: The end date for the first round has been pushed back until the 10 August to cater for the slow pokes :D and some unforseen problems.

Now some of you may have picked up that there are only 7 pairings in the Riders of the Mark group. Well to compensate the highest scoring loser from that group will also go through to make up the numbers. Nice arn't I? :D

[ July 14, 2002, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]

Holy Cow! Check out the score SpaceHamster racked up! 189 points, including a shut out!

Hey, SpaceHamster! Have you got the ghost of Patton coaching you or what? Or maybe you've figured out how to reprogram all of your men into digital Audie Murphy's!

:D:D:D

Can't wait to hear those AARs.

Ace

Have no fear. (Well some is good). No AAR will be posted until all battles are complete. As for ananamous I will think on it but probably not. Two battles is not enough (IMHO) to understand someones playing style.

Webs I seem to have miss placed the results from your battle. Could you send it to me again

Cpl Carrot

I plan to obscure my tactics behind a wall of bad grammar and angst. To add to the deception I will only include pictures of my units being destroyed or captured. ;)

Cpl Carrot

What format do you want AARs in? I've been using MS Word.

Am I correct in thinking that the AARs for this round will be available after the round ends?

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

Hey, SpaceHamster! Have you got the ghost of Patton coaching you or what? Or maybe you've figured out how to reprogram all of your men into digital Audie Murphy's!

:D:D:D

Can't wait to hear those AARs.

Ace

Yes I'm evil nercomanacer and I have trapped multple souls of succesfull generals(be aware Fion yuor reputation is growing

in scales that in one morning yuo might wake up in my crystal- ball :D )

Umm ,no just a little luck at beginning thats all. My opponent just "let it go".

Nothing to tell about.

And I really dont have any necromanatic powers they are just mumbo jumbo (mutters sumthing about "flesh chamber filling and moves away) :D

Originally posted by SpaceHamster:

Umm ,no just a little luck at beginning thats all. My opponent just "let it go".

Nothing to tell about.

He is being very nice.

I surrendered, very early and without compromise.

It became quite obvious that I had no business being in any tournament.

[ July 17, 2002, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: 0time ]

Originally posted by 0time:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SpaceHamster:

Nothing to tell about.

He is being very nice.

I surrendered, very early and without compromise.

It became quite obvious that I had no business being in any tournament.</font>