The All New Newbie Tournament: Fellowship of the Newbie

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ,surry ,but why loser don't play on round2 against other whom have lost?

In other words:

So ,only victorious continue to next round :( :confused:

Just asking becos that when I loos i would still like to keep fighting on tournament for lower rankings

Clear enought? I'm sorry ,but I just suck at writing. ON every test teachers keep reminding me to pratice on essays and writing ,cos me sentences are so hmm...incomprehensive

:(

[ October 13, 2002, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: SpaceHamster ]

Alsatain hasn't been mashed yet. He pulled a pretty good stunt to get across the bridge.

I screwed up in TT, on turn 24 I realized it is only a 30 turn game.

Despite what he said above Alsatain is in firm control of all but one of the VLs. He has made much better use of his reinforcements in Sword Point.

DL and I finished Times. We are on turn 29 of Sword Point, and yes, I would agree that it doesn’t look good for my poor Brits.

Just curious – did everyone get Axis in one scenario and Allies in the other? I just noticed such a set up makes a player either a defender in both scenarios or an attacker in both scenarios.

My intention was to have people play one game each using axis and allied equipment. I do not look at the battles much (plan to play them blind with people). Since the battles are balanced, it should not matter whether you are defending or attacking. That being said, if anyone feels unfairly treated then let me know.

Cpl Carrot

Schultz and I just finished Troubling Times and we're on turn 24 or so of Sword Point. I won Troubling Times as Germans, but for some reason, the game did not ward me my rear objective flag. I had no troops camping there, but it was clearly within my control. I think that cost me 15 points or so. Oh, well.

PK and I finished both scenerios a couple of weeks ago. I just squeaked by him in the points totals. I played the Germans in Troubling Times and held him at the crossroads and the Brits in Sword Point. I held him off long enough in SP that he ran out of turns, but if he'd had a couple more he would've rolled right through me. By the way, I only lost one vehicle on the bridge. smile.gif

Packman and I finished our games, and GWDWD might now have a second shot at me, but I say make him wait! If we are both able to win the next round then will have a grudge match with all the splendor and drama of ...Rocky 2?

Now I have a bad taste in my mouth. I'm hoping to do an AAR of these fights and hear when the tournament is over how/what you other guys did.

Lurk

Alan and I just finished are scenarios. Axis Minor Victory in Troubling Times, and Allied Minor Victory in Sword Point.

I really enjoyed the premise, map, and forces in Sword Point. I thought Troubling Times was too straight forward; at least in that it didn't offer the German player much by way of strategic choices.

Looking forward to hearing some AARs.

I don't think Sword Point was close to an Allied Minor Victory. I only had one unit left that was useful and no flags. I was soundly beaten. I didn't have a good plan on what to do once Alsatian made it across the bridge. Once that happened I never had a chance.

Impatient lot arn't you. Give me till the weekend to find everyones scores (they are here somewhere) and I will post the new draw. The next round should not be too far off.

Cpl Carrot

EDIT: OK I have found scores following players:

GWDWD

Rhudat

Lurker

Packman

Alsatian

Alan

If you have finished a battle and your name is not above please send me another email with the score (no files please)

Thanks and sorry

[ November 06, 2002, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]

Sgt. Schultz and I finished Troubling and are still in the middle of Sword. Sword is slow because I had to take some real-life travel days and his computer is on the fritz and in the shop.

I won Troubling, but I don't remember the exact score - something like 54-38. I have it at home (I'm away until Sunday).

Aside from my occasional whining about the Sword Point scenario (from the Allied point of view), we're having fun. smile.gif