The All New Newbie Tournament: Fellowship of the Newbie

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

When I get some free time (read weekend) I will post them out to the successfull candidates

Well, that implies that those of us who participated in the tournament but (ahem) did not advance were unsuccessful. The politically correct term, sir, is “CM-challenged”. ;)

Gooooo, Lurkur! Heil und Sieg!

Guy

OK I have started a thread Here where you guys (and girls I suppose smile.gif ) can talk to your hearts content about the two battles you've played.

If anyone has any AAR's feel free to send them to me and I will host them for viewing.

PLEASE check that I have your correct scores entered into the website as this is what I will be going on when I organise the next round.

You will note that two sections are rather short on numbers. In order to make up the numbers again I will be taking the the hightest scoring losers and some other nice people and using them. (Make sense?)

If something is wrong email immediately as once I send out the battles it will be too late.

That is all

Cpl Carrot

Ok here are the pairings as the scores stand:

Riders of the Mark

Shades vs Joe Cz

Lurker vs Packman

Japper vs Munter

And a surprise

GWDWD vs Rhudat

The Uruk-Hai

DL vs Ace Pilot

PK vs SkeeterBee

Letar vs SpaceHamster

Alan vs Alsatian

Ranger of the North

Killgore vs Stormin Norman

Sgt Shultz vs Webs

Len vs Panzerboy

Woffers vs Yarmaluk

Now these are not all set in stone - you have until Manday to dispute the scores (bear in mind it is Friday night now)

That is all Cpl Carrot

[ August 25, 2002, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]

Originally posted by Lurkur:

What?! GWDWD is back!? I thought I killed him off. Next time I'll bring the wooden stakes AND the silver bullets...

Lurk

Hehe... Good one, Lurk.

No no no, it takes fire to kill me off, my friend. If you and the rest of the villagers want to light some torches to do the job, may I suggest using one or more of your flaming Stuarts from our current battle. tongue.gif;)

Guy Who Won't Die

I see that I am finally what I have always aspired to be - a good loser.

I have learned some lessons from round one, and I believe I have identified the bits of the game I need to work on.

1. My infantry tactics need a little work.

2. My artillery tactics need a little work.

3. My armor tactics need a little work.

4. My combined arms tactics need a little work.

Other than those four minor flaws my game is excellent, so watch out.