Campaign TF Narwick

I'm working on a campaign for CM:SF, named: Task Force Narwick.

It's a parallel attack of the official campaign (TF Thunder). My TF is comeing from North (from Turkey) and both TF will meet at Hims.

The campaign driven by real maps and exists locations and real military complex (found on web). And the missions' map designed from real satelite images (Google).

Campaign downloadable here.

It's DONE!!!! This is the complete version.

EDIT:

adnarwick.jpg

[ February 14, 2008, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: bardosy ]

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try to check your briefings over the weekend, bardosy. I work part-time both as an editor/proofreader and a lecturer in English language studies, so I ought to be able to do something with them. It's just a matter of finding time.

Great that you're building a campaign. Keep it going!

Low wall bug: with the release of 1.05, it became impossible for a unit to see over a low wall. ie, you can move up to take position behind the wall with inf or vehicles, but not actually be able to target units that are or should be plainly visible on the other side of the wall.

Apparently fixed for 1.06. Waiting, waiting, waiting . . .

I've started working on your briefings, bardosy. Smartened them up a bit for English readers, I think, but it's difficult to be absolutely precise in a couple of places as your exact meaning is not always clear. Anyway, I'll send you more detailed comments by email when I return them. If you have any queries on changes I've made, feel free to get back to me. Sounds like an interesting campaign.

More of a tactical combat sim, from what I've seen of the briefings. Resembles TF Thunder in many ways - in fact, it's designed as a secondary, diversionary attack in support of TF Thunder, heading to Hims, but from Turkey in the north.

Haven't viewed any maps yet, but the scenario descriptions are pretty varied in size and scope, with some interesting terrain settings, including dense urban, military and open desert/countryside, and operations ranging from recon/scouting missions to full-on battalion assaults. Could be a very good one if bardosy has the balance right - only playtesting will tell.

Really love the effort designers are putting into bringing out the best in CMSF. Itching for 1.06 so I can get properly back in to the fray!

handihoc: Thank you your great work! I'm reading your mail. I'll respond soon.

Taki: I really hope you will be answered your question! Because this is my question too. I tried to balanced the missions, but I tried to designed the maps from real maps or satelite images, (of course with compromises). And I hope these are tactical ones (not so easy, but not impossible). But I reaaly want to know how you guys think? Is it holywood like or not?

Splinty: Thank you! Have fun!

meter: I started designing with 1.05. I made/make only the 9th, 10th missions with 1.06. But I think this version difference can't cause any problem. The patch solve gameplay bugs. The only problem could be if in 1.06 some missions are harder or easier. I will retest the whole campaign, when I finish the 10th. But if you play through and report me the problems here, I'll thank you.