Campaign TF Narwick

I'm still working on the mission #10. It's a big map and I have time shortage... But it's the last mission. I don1t want hurry some **** at the end.

But Iosef (a player from an other forum) suggest me few things:

* Less friendly units in "Crossroad". I will remove completly the Stryker squad and the HUMVEEs.

* The mission #2 will be shoten and enemy reinforcement will be more frequently.

* Remove a few friendly units from "Ebla" mission to prevent left Bradleys to kill the syrian reinforcement immediately when it come.

If you agree or disagree with this changes, please told me here.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am near the end of the first battle...and without revealing any spoilers, I'll just say that it's #1, great fun so far, and quite interesting from a tactical standpoint...lots of action too, and no walkover for the US forces.

Thanks for putting this together, if the rest of the battles are as much fun, this will be a classic campaign.

Ooh, glad you love the briefings, Seabee!

I've not had chance to start the campaign yet, due to CTD probs - waiting for 1.07. But I took bardosy's original briefings (which were pretty detailed, but lacking in accurate or properly descriptive use of English) and edited them into more descriptive - and I hope, convincingly realistic - English, with the intention of giving the player a taste and a sense of tension for what's to come. From these I got an impression of what to expect as the campaign unfolds, and it looks like a helluva banging good campaign with some very varied missions.

Looking forward to getting in there. Roll on 1.07!

Yeah! My poor, bad-English briefings was fixed by handihoc, who gave a big surplus to the campaign! Thank you, handihoc!

SeaBee: I just play again with the mission #2 (airport), but now with 1.06. (When I tested it, I have the 1.05) and belive me, 1.06 is a huge fun:

***SPOILER*****

in 1.05 the syrian snipers did nothing from the tower, but now they exterminate my scout squad, who want to sneak around the complex. It was suprise for me too... smile.gif

[ February 21, 2008, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: bardosy ]

Aw, shucks, it was nothing'.

Seriously, I'm glad to have been able to help, but in the end it's the actual battle designs that count - and are where the real hard work is done. And these do look good.

bardosy, I'd advise putting a spoiler alert on that previous message. You are revealing the surprises.

[ February 21, 2008, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: handihoc ]

Thanks guys!

I have a question: when I played with the last mission (Hims beltway) I found something interesting in 1.06. The AI enemy (syrians) use their arty ability not only in the begining, but in the middle of the mission too. It's a new feature? Before I never found this. And it was a suprise for me... But it's better, of course.

If that was Rocket Artillery, then you're seeing the reloads firing. I've seen RA fire three times throughout an hour long situation. After the first strike, it mainly damaged the AI forces as they moved into the target location. However, if it was something else, I'd LOVE to know what you did. I've been trying to get this to work for a LONG time.

Just finished first battle. Really intense. Great fight. Enjoyed it immensely.

And no CTDs! Fantastic.

Diving into battle two now.

(Oh shame! I spotted a couple of minor errors (mine) in the briefing. Amazing how the little creeps get past. Only excuse is I was a bit pushed for time. If I email them to you, bardosy, is it easy for you to upload corrections again?)

Very, very good. I'm getting ready for the 3rd mission. I actualy started the campaign over. I played the first mission and then 1.07 came out so I started over. So far none of the mission have been cake walks not even mission two. I thinking mission three going to be a real battle. I'm going to play it tonight after I get off work. Great job.

*****SPOILER!!*****

Hmm, I gotta disagree somewhat with The Warrior on Mission 2. I found it a bit of a turkey shoot.

Those Abrams are so powerful, all you have to do (all I did, anyway) is sit 'em on the crest of the nearest dune and wait, and they'll pick of everything that shows up, before it even gets a shot off. So I felt like a bit of a spectator in that one. Didn't feel challenged at all, and didn't lose a single trooper.

However, Mission 3 is a different story. You anticipated my gambit perfectly, damn you! My engineers blasted through the perimeter wall and walked straight into an ambush. Seconds later the entire squad was dead. Ouch!

Meantime, snipers picked off my two Humvee machinegunners in the second minute. Ouch again! Result: have to start again.

I love it when I feel I've been outwitted by the designer. It tells me I've underestimated my opponent, and need to get my brain cells into another gear. So Mission 3 is shaping up to be a very tough one.

March on!