Wish list

CeltiCid

4-british variants of all american vehicles used by the british

5-light mortars at platoonlevel

6-canadians, latewar-poles (...Italian theatre!)

7-the possibility of a more detailed topography (more polygons...) would mean a great deal to be able to conduct realistic infantrytactics -i.e using the terrain to a larger extent

[ February 01, 2008, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: sdp ]

8-More options in quick battle generator: reinforces in mp, active support in multiplayer games from artillery and air force, more kind of missions, simulate objetives like flags in CM...

9-Victory Point system in multiplayer games.

[ February 02, 2008, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: CeltiCid ]

-Better AI behaviour (both in AI-side and autonomous AI in the player's side), specialy in infantry tactics: no more AI to-the-last-man banzai attacks, better use of cover, automatically pick ammo or new weapons when a soldier's ammo is over and there is some corpse with ammo nearby, no AFVs madly driving into the enemy lines leaving all friendly support thousands of meters behind...

-'Movement completed'/'pinned down'/'suffering heavy losses'/'ammo low' voice and textlog messages to better keep track of your units situation.

-Surrender feature

-Enemy surrenders/retreats victories so that you don't need to kill to the last man to win a scenario. You should autowin if the enemy has very little an scattered forces left and all his units are retreating or panicked.

-Allow the player to drop and pick up ammo in setup.

The frenzied shifting of squad carried anti-tank and machine gun ammo to that weapon's operator just prior to battle can be quite tricky to do in time when on the defence. It's a neat little detail, don't get me wrong, but without the option to distribute ammo during setup it's also a bit of a PITA.

1) MP- unit selection from a unit pool

2) MP- option to cut out time restrictions (i hate that!)and to slow down game play and avoid rush attacks.

3) MP- in game chat (for peeps without ts)

4) MP- a game lobby to chat with peeps before going on a server

5) smoke and enter buildings will be in the add on i guess/hope.

himmelstoss

1)ability to delete/transfer units soldiers you will never use so you dont have to scroll through 100 men to find the best one every time

2)linked missions in a campaign

Example the 1st german mission victory leads to battle of warsaw, maybe even prestige points to unlock better/prototype equipment. right now we jump from the opening battle in poland to dunkirk to the road to moscow to kursk to 1944. Half the models dont get used because by the time they are avaible they are obselete. Who selects a PIIIM over a tiger lol.

3)Player selectable reinforcments. Citadel for example starts with tigers with great troops reinforced with horrible troops. This would add more strategy and depth planning.

4) Ability to use captured equipment. Why even capture the charB when I cant use it ever.

5) infantry strength...infantry was the backbone of WWII fighting in this game they are just fodder.

6)Tank SA needs to be cut in half maybe more unless commander is outside cupola scouting. ATG/Infantry are basically are not near powerful enough in defense because the tank finds them way too fast. make combined arms a requirment not by chance. sending 3 pnz in a trenchline is easy money atm but in real life would result in 3 dead tanks

7)add function of commander outside cupola scouting and can be sniped

8) Unit loadouts...let the player pick the what gear the units carry. Give us a pool of ammo and we assign it. Example player decides the LMG does not need grenades and gives him some extra ammo. or the player is going to use the stug as infantry support and disregards APC/HEAT for more HE rounds

Originally posted by nachinus:

-Better AI behaviour (both in AI-side and autonomous AI in the player's side), specialy in infantry tactics: no more AI to-the-last-man banzai attacks, better use of cover, automatically pick ammo or new weapons when a soldier's ammo is over and there is some corpse with ammo nearby, no AFVs madly driving into the enemy lines leaving all friendly support thousands of meters behind...

-'Movement completed'/'pinned down'/'suffering heavy losses'/'ammo low' voice and textlog messages to better keep track of your units situation.

-Surrender feature

-Enemy surrenders/retreats victories so that you don't need to kill to the last man to win a scenario. You should autowin if the enemy has very little an scattered forces left and all his units are retreating or panicked.

Pretty much everything Nachinus said... smile.gif

I don't think infantry in this game can possibly 'know' where cover is. You have to dump them in cover for the game to give them a defense/attack bonus. The AI is simply too dumb to know how to cover itself in this game, whether on your side or the enemy's.

The best implementation I have seen in a WWII strategy game of AI which had some idea of how to cover itself was in Faces of War, after it was patched.

I'm Not so sure about that, I started a scenario and watched a Russian squad move into a trench as artillery shells were falling nearby. They did this on their own without my clicking anything.

Originally posted by Tankbuster:

I don't think infantry in this game can possibly 'know' where cover is. You have to dump them in cover for the game to give them a defense/attack bonus. The AI is simply too dumb to know how to cover itself in this game, whether on your side or the enemy's.

The best implementation I have seen in a WWII strategy game of AI which had some idea of how to cover itself was in Faces of War, after it was patched.

This game really has great potential, right now I give it a C+ maybe B- . imo what it still needs:

1. Visible commanders and or crewmen on unbuttoned AFV's

2. Smoke shells from aFV, artillery, smoke grenades, and smoke dischargers on AFV's (I know its been mentioned)

3. Ability to enter buildings and fight from them.

4. More maps or terrain types in the map builders

with terrain found in Italy, Balkans and North Africa.

5. More nationalities and troop types in the game like Finns, Italians, Norwegians, Greeks etc.

6. Troops surrendering ingame and being taken prisoner like they do in Combat mission.

7. Add more AFV's and Guns /weapons not yet in the game. the 88mm Flak gun for example is sadly missing.

I know its asking a lot. But things such as these would make this game system outstanding I believe. Maybe they can be put into a "Theatre of War II" I'd buy it.

I'm Not so sure about that, I started a scenario and watched a Russian squad move into a trench as artillery shells were falling nearby. They did this on their own without my clicking anything.
From a close distance they do so which I like. I wish they did the same when close to walls or buildings or terrain crests.

Apart from that my wishes are in line with the others posted here. My main gripe being the infantry behaviour, the red headed stepchild of the programmers :(

I'd like to see squad awareness to enemy presence, danger and losses, good implementation of support weapons and so on.

Some orders of battle have gaping holes, no lorries for the poor brits for example (a gun tractor is not a lorry !). No 25mm avec Chenilette Renault UE for the french, no early russian scout car (BA6, BA10, BA20)and so on ...

And I hate the kill them all nature of the game.

TOW could become a good universal tactical ww2 system. But that would mean quite a lot more work at the fundamentals of the game as I see it...

Surrending units (no need to kill them all!)/ smoke / mortars

This are, in my opinion, the main things to add.

Then theres:

A dinamic campaign / small operations for MP (play 3 /4 batles with your force (not just a quick non concequencial engagment)/ add the air/arty assets to the MP / enterable buildings (and totaly destructible enviroment).. to name a few

Order of no importance

set default stance of armour/infantry upon completion of movement orders

larger maps

more terrain types for cover and concealment.

remove the "last man standing" wins, victory condition. Overall force morale, combat effectiveness?

ability to set vehicle speeds.

spotting of ALL units should be made more difficult, especially concealed AT's and infantry.

Hi All,

The game provides all the items one needs to make good scenarios. However because the system is so counter intuitive and convoluted it is not the least bit enjoyable to use.

The battle generator is a step in the right direction. However whats the point if you then must jump into the mission editor if you want to make a change.

So my wish is that the editors are made more user-friendly.

regards John

Agreed on all points below about improving the infantry side of the game in a realistic manner below.

Mostly, the infantry gameplay needs attention.

In addition- morale should have a greater effect on whether a unit advances or retreats, and units should pin down more often. This should apply to AFV's as well. Tanks are far too willing to drive right up to trench lines as is.

Also-LOS must be fixed in a way that "feels realistic". All seeing tanks with radar gun sights make for frustrating game play when infantry is involved. I know this has been on this list for the add-on, but I will reiterate it.

Originally posted by nachinus:

-Surrender feature

Somethings

1. Ability to reopen a mission with the Battle Generator.

2. Soliders fall down when hit (wounded).

3. Baddly wounded Soliders can only crawl not walk or run.

4. Weapons/Ammo carriers for small arms or ability to place weapons/Ammo in storage in cars/trucks/etc.