Funny video

Shabe.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm obviously in a minority here but I didn't find soldiers doing kung-fu very funny.

What I did note, though, were the realistic sounds of gunfire and battle towards the end of the video, where the screen goes all black and white.

You had the feeling that there were real guns being fired in the background... Nice ! :D

Thanks guys! It took some time to make this video, glad you liked it. Please note that EVERYTHING in this movie (well except laptop of the German officer) was taken directly from the game. All models, textures, weapons, etc, etc.

Just animations are of course are specific to the movie.

And you guys are telling me there is no close melee combat in the game.

I think when my troops reach the trench line they should kick the enemy's heads off.

Oh and while we're at it, my favourite part was the tiger road wheel barbell weights. :D

[ August 05, 2006, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Hoolaman ]

Originally posted by Megakill:

Thanks guys! It took some time to make this video, glad you liked it. Please note that EVERYTHING in this movie (well except laptop of the German officer) was taken directly from the game. All models, textures, weapons, etc, etc.

but the german voices came from COD2 smile.gif ...amiright?

Originally posted by Megakill:

Laptop is not from the game, but in one of the houses that we can't enter thre will be a PC with Il-2 running on it;)

And , after what we've seen in this movie, can't we have hand to hand combat in the game?

just kidding, the video is absolutely amazing and amusing, best promo video for a computer game ever, IMHO.

I love Il-2 series and the reference is really fun.

Best regards to the whole team, can't wait for the game.

Macca

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Megakill:

but the german voices came from COD2 smile.gif ...amiright? </font>

really? cuz that one high pitched german screaming communista is from COD2...ah well

EDIT: will there be different faces in the final version...kinda noticed when the russians rolled in with the tanks and the soldiers looked like each other...so is there a face variety?

[ August 04, 2006, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: MrNoobie ]

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

really? cuz that one high pitched german screaming communista is from COD2...ah well

EDIT: will there be different faces in the final version...kinda noticed when the russians rolled in with the tanks and the soldiers looked like each other...so is there a face variety?

yes there is face variety

this was just yet another "gag" sort of Matrix agent style

Cool video.

I guess it won't be able to climb into objects(/place snipers in trees), but it looked cool.

By the way: why was there a..Panzer IV H? at the end, at the mission complete screen (the vehicle has Schuerzen and looks like a Panzer IV, so it's either a modified G, H or J).

I agree with the posters that consider this the best promo video ever. It is really funny, AND shows off what the engine can do. The "script" and "directing" is really good too. It's not easy to tell a short story like that without confusing the viewer. I think I laughed most at the sissy workout/music video session with the panzer grenadiers smile.gif

If you have time to make a promo video like this I hope that the demo is close to finished ;)

/Mazex

Originally posted by ComradeP:

By the way: why was there a..Panzer IV H? at the end, at the mission complete screen (the vehicle has Schuerzen and looks like a Panzer IV, so it's either a modified G, H or J).

Possibly because they took that mission complete screen from a mission they played and the last unit selected was the panzer. It's a Panzer III BTW, an Ausführung L or M, with the 50mm L/60. They got skirts too.