Why not use military symbols?

Instead of the pseudo 3D graphics... I know I would prefer a top down map with military symbols instead of what currently is being offered. It looks a lot like Panzer Commander (is that the correct game?) right now...

The rest looks just great though. About time a product like this came out.

Bil

Originally posted by BulletRat:

Speaking from a military wargaming non-grog hacks point of view, I'm putting in a vote FOR the graphics. Not all of us can read those funny squiggles and symbols y'know. tongue.gif

I agree and one of the reasons I have avoided these types of games. The counters wih numbers mean nothing to me also.

How much time can the guy(s ?) at Hunting Tank Software actually spent on the graphics and still make an ok share with CMC?

ParaBellum found (in another thread) a job add of HTS on the net (2002/2004) where Hunter was looking for artists for (most likely) CMC. IIRC he had offered to pay them - so this is not a pure fan project......and then having completely redone graphics - even in a more simple way???

I have major doubts that will happen....and I am a part of the eye candy crowd who his happy when the little horsies and the little tanks roam around on the map ;)

Uwe