The Peng Challenge Goes Up a Creek Without a Paddle

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I'd even hazard a guess that they're quite a bit quicker on the uptake than some of the nimrods in these forums.

(Looks meaningfully at Abbot)

Well Boo . We don't play word games with them we say what we mean and mean what we say. As far as toughness goes, I was thinking of a tough little two-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy. Yes they both are quite a bit tougher then some of the adults I have run into on some of these Forums. That is an accomplishment at their age.

As far as me being a Nimrod thanks, I am a hunter but not a famous one. </font>

These days are cursed. There are Olde Ones rising and sinking like dead seals on the ocean waves. There are outboarders floundering around, smacking their sloping foreheads on the obvious, wondering what to name the floating blow-up doll. And then there is I, returned from the land of Not Here.

The End Is Near.

Originally posted by SirReal:

These days are cursed.

blah blah blah

The End Is Near.

Hey, I am pretty sure that is what your Soviet tankers were saying in that last game we played.

I think a definite sign of the Apocalypso is the presence of yet another Swede on the PCT. I find your sudden reappearance suspicious. Can you account for your long, unremarked on, absence from the MBT?

I say that Sir 37mm should investigate your reappearance, along with that of several long missing members as a part of his Opus Dei activities.

rleete has been saved by a patch.

I had Spain on my side, took Gibraltar too. The entire Med was an Axis lake, with the Italians headed for the Atlantic. In the East the Germans were in Smolensk and driving to Moscow. So don't listen to anything rleete has to say about how he was going to suddenly pull it out.

A rematch is scheduled with sides reversed.

I demand that the Opus Dei investigate Hubert Cater for this sudden release of patches. I smell a broader conspiracy than just Steve & Charles.

Originally posted by Lars:

I had Spain on my side, took Gibraltar too. The entire Med was an Axis lake, with the Italians headed for the Atlantic. In the East the Germans were in Smolensk and driving to Moscow. So don't listen to anything rleete has to say about how he was going to suddenly pull it out.

I demand that the Opus Dei investigate Hubert Cater for this sudden release of patches. I smell a broader conspiracy than just Steve & Charles.

Conspiracy huh ... are you sure that's not just residual fox pee?

Joe

p.s. Oh my I've forgotten my manners ... <big><big>HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAME KITTY</big></big>

Happy Birthday, Lady Kitty!

The return of so many vagabonds and ne'er-do-wells (such as myself) has me suspicious as well. It vaguely reminds me of how many terminal patients will regain mental clarity just before they croak. Whatever it means, it cannot bode well, but this might help.

[Pulls on a cord, which drops a palette of bricks onto SirReal]

Well, I know *I* feel better now!

Originally posted by MrPeng:

My kids are so tough, they bite the heads offa chocolate bunnies and throw the rest away.

Heh,

Good post. I won't try to explain it to this gang, as a father yourself I am sure you see different traits in different children. Toughness can mean many different things.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You're a gormless berk who confuses normal sentence structure with word games!

That is not what I meant but the first part of your post was...emmm...it was emmm.

I meant that we use clear signals not politically correct inferences that people should watch for and catch on too...we just say what we mean and save the previous for others. You know kind of like men in the Military do. Now I bet someone will misunderstand or misrepresent that statement saying the kids are in Boot Camp or sumfink.... but that is not the meaning either. It is more of clear signals without the time or need for politically correct bull****. Probably easier just to say that our Clan ditched school and went hunting or fishing on the Sensitivity Training days.

Now slap some Flatt and Scruggs in the 8-track and go down to the store and get me a couple of Buds, Opie!

I am not sure who Flatt and Scruggs are but they sound kinda Bluegrass to me. Last night I was actually listening to Tom Petty on the Bose but that doesn’t make me any less redneck…my therapist assured me. And I would be pleased to sit down and share a couple of Buds with you Boo . Maybe even listen to some Lonesome George and the Delaware Destroyers while we drank to his buddy Weiser. Anything less would be uncivilized.

Nat got beaned by a pitch in the shoulder yesterday, and a come-backer deflected off her glove and hit her in the chin. In the one case she took her base like she gets hit with balls all the time. In the other she struck the next batter out. After the game she said, "Getting hit by the pitch hurt. I thought about crying for a second because it stung so bad, but I just took one on the chin the inning before so I figured, 'what the heck?' and took my base."

The twins share a birthday with Kitty it seems. They are 11 today.

So, you're chickening out, just when the tables were about to turn? Gamey bastard, I expected no less from you. I played the French, but it was you who has shown himself to be the surrender monkey.

I had Spain on my side, took Gibraltar too. The entire Med was an Axis lake, with the Italians headed for the Atlantic. In the East the Germans were in Smolensk and driving to Moscow.

Trading the Ruskies 1 for 1 in corps destroyed on your "drive" is no way to keep the offensive going, bubba. Don't forget the three level 3 tank armies hiding behind Moscow just waiting for you to stick your neck out. I'll grant you that the Med was pretty much your pond. For the time being.

So don't listen to anything rleete has to say about how he was going to suddenly pull it out.

The Amis hadn't even gotten in the game, you couldn't crack Lenningrad, and the Brit navy was almost back up to strength. Just where did you think it was headed? Oh, right. You didn't think, which is why you would have been trounced.

Really? News to me. How about I make you play the Krauts again, just to see if you stuff it up a second time? Care to drop those paras in the trees again?

What you smell is the stink of defeat. It sticks to you like flies to the tarred roof of Abbott's hovel.

MrPeng, bravo to your girl. And to you for letting it play out, instead of being one of those overly protective parents who would have rushed in and stopped the game because their precious got a boo-boo.

Lars, you could learn a thing or two from her. Like not quitting.

Speaking of biting the heads off of bunny’s I thought I would tell an amusing anecdote from my very own childhood. (That’s a short account Boo .)

There I was in the sixth grade and one of my chores after school (about every two months or so) was to butcher the rabbits that had grown to fryer size. So on those days when I got home I would usually kill and clean a couple dozen two-and-a-half –pound fryers. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Anyway one of the few days I happened to have a friend over I started butchering and he wanted to watch the process.

I reached into the cage and grabbed a bunny. Held it by it’s back legs and pulled both ears down straight with the other hand. A sharp karate chop to the back of the neck (or two, sometimes three) killed it. Poking a hole between the two bones in the bunnies rear leg with a sharp pocket knife enable me to hang the carcass from a loop of wire nailed to a post in the backyard. By this time the dogs were getting excited. I grabbed both ears and pulling them taunt used a sawing motion to remove the animals head, which I then tossed to one of the three waiting dogs. The quickest (or luckiest) one caught the head and ran off looking for a safe spot to begin crunching the skull. By this time my friend was turning a bit pale.

A couple of quick slices and I was able to rip the fur down the length of the headless carcass and toss it into a two-foot deep hole I had dug near by. Then spreading the bunnies rear legs and a quick slice down the length of the body exposing the entrails. Reaching in and grabbing the entrails I pulled them from the body cavity and searched thru them for the liver. Removing the liver, then spreading it open I removed the gall bladder with the point of my knife and tossed the liver into a bucket of cold water at my feet. (This is where it gets funny). I then tossed the remaining entrails to the two waiting hounds that were slobbering with anticipation. Squealer a large German Shepherd made the grab and caught the bundle of fresh bloody entrails in the air. They wrapped around his snout as he happily retreated into a safer location to enjoy his freshly killed bounty.

My friend seeing this had all he could take and promptly began spewing chunks all over the back yard. Of course as the friendly sort that I am. I approached my ill and distraught friend and with bloody hands began roughly patting him on the back. A few moments later I sent him home. As he walked down the driveway and opened the gate I can still remember the bloody handprints all over the back of his shirt!

Now that is funny! But as I write this I am thinking I have not yet had breakfast. I am hungry. My wife’s cat is on my desk and pestering me for attention. She kind of looks like rabbit but with smaller ears…. Here kitty…kitty…kitty.

[ June 07, 2006, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

I think I can safely say that OPUS DEI will not be looking to create any additional reasons for the failures of Lars… primarily because the current well known reasons (they are of two type; genetic… or lack of genetics really… and his poor upbringing by drunken beetles) are likely to be more than adequate.

I do find it interesting that all manner of events are now being blamed on a 'vast conspiracy’… this is most pleasing to me.

OPUS DEI are also proud to tell the Cesspool that the suggestion, put forward by some, that ‘Steve is simply on holiday’ is now considered, by us, to be a most unlikely answer to ‘The Seanachai Code’.

The holes in this ‘official explanation’ are well known & documented so there is, of course, no need for me to go through them again… we are certain that the real reason Steve hasn’t posted for three weeks is a FAR MORE odious one.

Originally posted by Abbott:

I reached into the cage and grabbed a bunny. Held it by it’s back legs and pulled both ears down straight with the other hand. A sharp karate chop to the back of the neck (or two, sometimes three) killed it.

Now there's a real inbred redneck for ya!

Three arms!