British module

I guess that we'll see most of the tactical armoured vehicles, and possibly some of the softskins, being as the USMC module has given us trucks and humvees are in the main game. The British analogue is the Landrover WMIK.

What will be interesting to see is how much of the little publicised UORs make it in (Urgent Operational Requirement). These are things like the new Warrior armour and the Challenger 2 RWS.

Once the Brits arrive, I'll probably never play Red again. Because I'm not American, I can't really 'feel' for Blue forces in the same way you US guys can. I look forward to hearing some authentic UK regional accents and hopefully not that horrible 'British' accent you Americans think we all speak. Let's hear some Brummies and some Scouse accents as well as Geordies and my favourite, the Glaswegian. Maybe some time early in the new year.

While I'd welcome the Desert Rats too, in full panoply, I'd also love to see a broadening of focus in the third module away from "Yet another heavy Allied force stomps the ever loving living ****e out of the poor bloody Syrians" and toward some Spec Ops -- deep desert recce, raids or coups de main to seize priority targets, etc.

These kinds of ops would play as big a part in the fast track "liberation" of Syria as the heavy mech. They would also keep the CMSF series from getting tired and repetitive.

Sounds like plenty of work for the SAS boys. Oh all right, the primadonnas in USSF/SEAL/Recon can come along too. And we might even have a job or two for those Hooah cementheads in the Rangers.

And to spice it up even more, BFC might consider

putting in some Western-equipped and trained regional forces -- Kurdish peshmerga, Iraqi commandos, Bedouin scouts, etc.

"Yet another heavy Allied force stomps the ever loving living ****e out of the poor bloody Syrians"

LOL

I'll definitely want to give it a try as the Brits for a chnage,that's for sure. I think the Marines module will finish off all the credible equipment possibilities for Syria as an opponent. To introduce equipment from a more fearsome, but less credible, Red foe, BFC will have to concoct a new hypothetical conflict scenario and that'll take some time to do.

I would imagine even the most die hard WW2 grog would gag at the possibilities this game engine has to offer were it expanded to simulate a conventional conflict between Nato and the Russians. Who wouldn't want that? Plenty of bucks lining that road.

Originally posted by Paper Tiger:

I would imagine even the most die hard WW2 grog would gag at the possibilities this game engine has to offer were it expanded to simulate a conventional conflict between Nato and the Russians. Who wouldn't want that? Plenty of bucks lining that road.

I'm pretty sure Battlefront has disabused us of that notion, unfortunately.

When the UK module comes out, it's time for a new campaign: 1812 Redux. :D

[ May 07, 2008, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Normal Dude ]

guess what, Pinzgauers!!!

if they want to win "any" war they need pinzgauers, that like sun and shaddow. there isnt the one without the other.

also the US should get some of them and throw away the other crappy "light" vehicles. they probably would be all at home already if they would have Pinsn from the start :D:D:D

EDIT: probably wounded, though ;)

I would have thought that the AS90 would be modelled in the same manner as the US M109. Off map artillery. One would hope that the three-round burst of the AS90 would get modelled.

Pandur - what's so great about the Pinz? I presume you mean the little softskin rather than the armoured Vector.