Space Lobsters of Doom origin?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Barticus:

Well this is all very nice but can any grog out there tell me whether the Lobster's armour plate is face-hardened homogenous plate, cast, or riveted? Just what AOI does a 76mm Tungsten AP round require at a range of 787 metres to penetrate? Assuming, of course, that the lobster is caught unawares and before it adopts a shell-down defensive position?

It is a cold deposition technique, similar to recrystalisation on minerals in rocks. Best modeled as cast I think. Mind you, I think the weak spots algorithm will need work - the weak spot size is a function of tail angle. Also the legs can be retracted, making track hits a function of arggh..... [muffled thuds as dragged of by irate forum]

Originally posted by Mies:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Anyone remember attack of the mutant camels?

Is that the one where the Space Lobsters are defending against the Mutant Camels attacking with methane cooled pyroclastic round square waffels?

Mies </font>

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mies:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Anyone remember attack of the mutant camels?

Is that the one where the Space Lobsters are defending against the Mutant Camels attacking with methane cooled pyroclastic round square waffels?

Mies </font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

That's what's bugging me... I can remember when it took off, just not exactly how :D Trivial, I know, but it gives me something to worry about other than the usual "can this weapon hit that something in this way or is it really that way" kinds of trival things!

Steve

I can't believe I'm the only one who remembers this... c'mon people.

Steve, you were in the middle of one of your longer posts and were describing the way CMx2 would be different from CMx1. You were talking about how it would be more focused instead of trying to encompass all WWII in one game. You said (not a direct quote) "The game will be designed in sucha a way that future releases could include CM:Eastern Front, CM:North Africa, or Even CM:Space Lobsters of Doom, without making major cod changes." Or somethihng like that...

COG

EDIT: I found the original SLOD thread here.

[ September 22, 2005, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: ColumbusOHGamer ]

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

That's what's bugging me... I can remember when it took off, just not exactly how :D Trivial, I know, but it gives me something to worry about other than the usual "can this weapon hit that something in this way or is it really that way" kinds of trival things!

Steve

I can't believe I'm the only one who remembers this... c'mon people.

Steve, you were in the middle of one of your longer posts and were describing the way CMx2 would be different from CMx1. You were talking about how it would be more focused instead of trying to encompass all WWII in one game. You said (not a direct quote) "The game will be designed in sucha a way that future releases could include CM:Eastern Front, CM:North Africa, or Even CM:Space Lobsters of Doom, without making major cod changes." Or somethihng like that...

COG

EDIT: I found the original SLOD thread here. </font>

Well, the oldest one I could find is also Zebulon Pleasure Beast's wonderful outburst. And I remember it well ;) But I thought it was older than that. However, not being able to find anything older... perhaps that is the original?

If anybody bumps into him in the General Forum, please direct him this way to testify on his behalf :D

Steve