Units you'd like to see

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UAVs had been publically on BFC's to-do list for most of of their development time. they've even described how they'd be deployed. So hopefully we'll see UAVs in a patch or the Marines module.

I've always been partial to the M1117 'Guardian' for MP duties - which would imply the inclusion of MP units in the game. I think its MUCH more likely we'll eventually see UAVs than MPs.

Some more russian made vehicles with great diffusion among arab countries would be:

-Some airborne infantry units

-PT-76

-BMD-1

-BTR-152

-BTR-50

-GAZ/URAL trucks

-Trucks with ZSU-2-23

On the US side I'd like to see:

-special units (infantry) like Navy Seals squads, and Rangers

-M113s (maybe some upgraded version/AT version)

-USMC forces

-AAV7s (upgraded)

-HEMTT trucks

two pages and no one nominates the BMP-3?

It's a nice (on paper anyway) little IFV.Good armor,100mm gun,30mm autocannon, and fires AT-10!

Pretty cool design, like the CV90, really accentuates the FV in IFV

And, on top of that, the Syrian RG formation supposedly has them..I'd like to see that definately.

How fixing the TOEE, to include infantry companies, HV weapons companies, weapon teams, on map mortar teams. Humvees with AT weapons. Heck some one is always hiting rear areas, supply depots, bases with motars.

I would also like to see map objects to simulate attacks on radar stations, communication towers, outposts, powerstations, airfields.

Engineers can blow holes in buildings.

I don't believe the Syrians have any BMP-3s.
I'm skeptical too, some military hardware sites list them as having a small number, who knows?

One would assume they'd probably try and buy some before may 2008!

Oh,

what about this unit?

Mortar%20team%201.jpg

Where the heck is the 60mm mortar?

what's the story on that?

Yes, I am missing the 60mm mortar too.

If sometimes the M113 - and IMO this veteran deserves consideration - should be implemented, there should be not forgotten the M577. Beside possible trucks (standart, fuel, ammo) then there could also be added the ambulance version of the M113 (I do not know the US designation).

As elements of the Airborne Corps would be surely part of a task force they should also thinking about adding the M966 resp. M1045/M1046 and adding Airborne/Air Assault Batallions to the units as another branch beside standart and heavy.

[ August 02, 2007, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Premierleutnant ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

UAVs had been publically on BFC's to-do list for most of of their development time. they've even described how they'd be deployed. So hopefully we'll see UAVs in a patch or the Marines module.

Interesting and good to know. Tried the demo lately, and was somewhat surprised that drones or other aerial recon didn't seem mentioned in either the manual or anywhere in-game.