The Peng Challenge Thread, it’s good to be back!

37mm

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

He's a real bag of hot air, ain't he? If the Germans had had him in WW I, they could have attached a gondola and motors and gone and bombed London.

Hmm, wonder why they figured out a way to do it with out him…

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

He's a real bag of hot air, ain't he? If the Germans had had him in WW I, they could have attached a gondola and motors and gone and bombed London.

Hmm, wonder why they figured out a way to do it with out him… </font>

Originally posted by rune:

Emrys , did you email your reply? See the TOW forum if you have time from your retirement and reminiscing on the good old days when you fought with dinosaurs for your meals.

Rune

Trying your hand at on-line dating, rune?

On my way home from work today, I stopped off at a farmer's market to pick up some of the best sweet corn in all the known galaxy.

When I went to leave, I noticed this car, a Mazda Miata, parked next to me, which had a vanity plate that read, 'Stoat9'.

I thought, "Hmmmm... Did Stoat drive all the way to Akron to also buy some of the best sweet corn in the all known galaxy?".

As I was buckling up, the driver of the car got in and I saw it was a middle aged woman.

I thought that perhaps it was not our very own Stoat.

But then, as she started her car, Enya came wafting out of the stereo... and I reconsidered.

Now lads, we all know that the CessPool is the only thread, in all of the web, that really matters. But from time to time we do wander elsewhere ... when no one has posted anything new here.

Normally what happens outside of the CessPool stays outside of the CessPool, but in this case I have seen such an egregious fault that I feel it is my DUTY, as your Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, to bring it to the collective attention of the membership.

This from Gryene's Annex, the first part posted by someone not of the CessPool and therefore undeserving of our recognition:

*Simon makes a less-than-impressive landing in his Spitfire. Skipper observes dissaprovingly from the command hut, and approaches him afterwards.*

Squadron Leader Skipper (Robert Shaw): How many hours in Spits?

Simon: Ten and a half, sir.

Skipper: Let's make it eleven, before Jerry has you for breakfast.

*Simon and Skipper head to their respective aircraft. Other pilots in the squadron, lounging about, observe.*

Pilot Officer Archie (Edward Fox): Spring chicken to ****ehawk in one easy lesson.

All: Tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka.

*Later, Skipper bounces Simon from out of the sun.*

Skipper (over radio): Tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka-tacka!

(BTW, Edward Fox played General Horrocks in A Bridge Too Far.)

So far so good, even outerboarders can get their facts straight and know enough to appreciate a fine piece of cinema. BUT THEN ... FROM THE FINGERS OF OUR OWN stoat ... well, I'll let it speak for itself ...
Tacka-Tacka? It was attack-attack-attack-attack.
I could hardly restrain my wrath lads, my finger was on the trigger button of my Hurry as I poured lead from my .303 MGs into his belly ... "attack-attack-attack?".

SCORN HIM LADS, SCORN HIM with ... uh ... scorn.

Such an infamy I've not seen in all my days.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I could hardly restrain my wrath lads, my finger was on the trigger button of my Hurry as I poured lead from my .303 MGs into his belly ... "attack-attack-attack?".

You chose to fly a Hurricane, and you want us to scorn young Stoat?

Yeh right.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

You chose to fly a Hurricane, and you want us to scorn young Stoat?

Yeh right. </font>

Yup, Hurries were the backbone of the RAF during the BoB, Spitfires just took all the glory.

I'm with ya Joe Xhia, Mace you just go back to reading your war comics for historical reference...... oh and 'PlaySheep' of course.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Gee, you really don't get out much, do you? And here I thought all this time we were demeaning your intelligence just in the spirit of good, clean, vicious fun. Little did I know that the truth far outpaced our contempt for you.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Gee, you really don't get out much, do you? And here I thought all this time we were demeaning your intelligence just in the spirit of good, clean, vicious fun. Little did I know that the truth far outpaced our contempt for you.

Michael </font>

Sung to the tune of 'The Yellow Rose of Texas'.

Oh, the bloodshot eyes of Joe Shaw

Are bleary, yes indeed.

And he looks so darn bedraggled,

Like he's been chewin' loco weed.

His breath could stun a buzzard

And make a turnip bleed.

And the bloodshot eyes of Joe Shaw

Are spinning like a dervish.

I still need to work on that last line.

Have I posted yet in 2006?

I forgot where you bastards put the Peng Thread and was looking around the CMBB and CMAK board.

Happy 6 years anniversary on this board to me.

Yes, I'm still technically on this board even though I ran out of anything to say in 2003. Even then it was mostly verbal tripe.