Seanachai Challenges Peng Thread Procedures

Joe Shaw

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

ummm, hey, that sounds like work and stuff. I don't remember signing up for that!

I put it to my fellow members of the committee that first of all, Committee is, I am fairly sure, spelled correctly, and for this, I feel that the Justicar deserves a round of heart felt applause. Hear Hear

Secondly, Seanachai, great persona of the Cesspool though he may be, was unaware of the greatness of the magic moving picture and sound producing box (otherwise known to parties of the 7th part as a Televison Set) series called Firefly. Verily, he was unaware of this, as referenced by himself in a thread started in a rather slipshod and hesitant manner by Seanachai himself, until it was brought to his attention by none other than his fellow Minnesoteannie, Dalem.

I ask you fellow panel members, is a person, and I do use that term loosely, who would permit such a cultural phenomenon to pass by unwatched, unworshipped, unknown even, someone that we need cultivating (just like a farmer he is) and stroking (down SturmSebber), and grooming (like a clan of chimps the Minnesotans are when you get them together) the next generation of Pool inhabitants?

I realize that this goes beyond the purview of the panel, to whit, the proper interpretation and implementation of Pool rules, ethics, guidlines, gridlines, and bylaws, but it does speak to Seanachai's fitness as a liege.

I await your rebuttals, comments, complaints, or actually, any sign that you lot actually type coherent messages rather than just randomly bang keys on the keyboard because you like the clackety clackey sound.

Well ... the clackety clackey sound IS pretty cool.

Joe

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I do look good in this thing… makes me look like the fifth Beatle or something.

Anyway let’s get to it.

Fellow members of the Pool we face before us a crisis of almost unprecedented seriousness (if you ignore all the schisms, civil wars & previous trials of Seanachai) but we will no doubt ride this storm out to emerge from the cellar with a calm wind filling our sails.

I promise you that with the guidance of FISA we will all find the Promised Land!

Now in dealing with Seanachai’s despicable actions I feel it’s vitally important that we ruthlessly interrogate stoat himself; I tell you that bastiche is hiding something & if we have to flay him to within an inch of his life to find out what that is then.. well we'd have dealt with two birds with but a single stone.

First off why does stoat not display any markings denoting his relationship with rleete. I remember Boo branding me several times throughout my tutelage by him… yet stoat displays nothing, why?

Is he ashamed of his relationship with rleete?

*Sir 37mm manages to suppress a snigger thanks to almost superhuman restraint*

Another thing at what point did stoat first start seeing Seanachai? When did their relationship develop? Who knew of them? Where have they hidden the weapons?

I move that we should bring stoat before us… preferably in chains.

[ February 12, 2006, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Sir 37mm ]

Now in dealing with Seanachai’s despicable actions ...
Sir Sir 37mm I must caution you that the report tendered by the FISA Committee must be free of partisan comments and attitudes. We expect a FAIR and IMPARTIAL report from the committee and, when we find that to be impossible, we will require one that APPEARS to be fair and impartial.

By the way, what is it that you think you look good in? You haven't bought one of those cheesy USA Olympic berets have you?

inside-oly-beret.jpg

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I must caution you that the report tendered by the FISA Committee must be free of partisan comments and attitudes.

No doubt the report, when it is eventually compiled and released to the public, will be free of partisan comments but in the meantime surely we can still launch a simple character assassination of Seanachai followed by a witch-hunt or two?

Dear Peng, is this not the Cesspool?

By the way, what is it that you think you look good in?

It was mentioned in my list of qualifications... and I feel no need to repeat myself again

[ February 12, 2006, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Sir 37mm ]

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I must caution you that the report tendered by the FISA Committee must be free of partisan comments and attitudes.

No doubt the report, when it is eventually compiled and released to the public, will be free of partisan comments but in the meantime surely we can still launch a simple character assassination of Seanachai followed by a witch-hunt or two?

Dear Peng, is this not the Cesspool?

By the way, what is it that you think you look good in?

It was mentioned in my list of qualifications... and I feel no need to repeat myself again </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NG cavscout:

hey, isn't it Boo Radley's birthday soon? Like tomorrow?

Bugged asked the same question in the GF, I guess after reading your post?

Ohhhhh BooooooOOOoooooo, can you confirm or deny these rumours? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by NG cavscout:

hey, isn't it Boo Radley's birthday soon? Like tomorrow?

Bugged asked the same question in the GF, I guess after reading your post?

Ohhhhh BooooooOOOoooooo, can you confirm or deny these rumours? </font>

I assume that all three parties involved in this matter (Seanachai, rleete, and stoat) will testify before the panel? Of course, Seanachai being an Olde One and all, we can't force him, but will the F.I.S.A. panel have authority to force rleete and stoat to testify?

As for myself, I have begun a review of the historical record of previous Peng threads, to determine the events leading up to the matter and locate the facts behind the whole situation. Expect a report soon.

[ February 12, 2006, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: juan_gigante ]

Originally posted by juan_gigante:

I assume that all three parties involved in this matter (Seanachai, rleete, and stoat) will testify before the panel? Of course, Seanachai being an Olde One and all, we can't force him, but will the F.I.S.A. panel have authority to force rleete and stoat to testify?

As for myself, I have begun a review of the historical record of previous Peng threads, to determine the events leading up to the matter and locate the facts behind the whole situation. Expect a report soon.

It smells of ambition in here.

Seriously, it's rank. Open a window, would ya?

Wouldn't it be easier to get someone else to do it... heck once stoat is brought before us in chains we could get him to do it?

... and don't even give me that 'conflict of interest' nonsense, I really can't stand lawyers.

... (sigh) JD Morse (sigh)

[ February 12, 2006, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Sir 37mm ]

In reviewing the historical Peng threads, I looked for evidence regarding rleete's treatment of stoat as a serf. I separated my evidence into two catagories - evidence that rleete was a proper master who deserves to retain stoat as a squire, and evidence that he wasn't.

1. When stoat sent his picture into the Justicariate for inclusion on the hallowed website, the Justicar mentions that stoat did so on rleete's instructions. However, a close examination of the MBT reveals that no such instruction was given in public this means one of three things is true. Firstly, it is possible that rleete sent stoat a private e-mail instructing him to do so. Secondly, stoat sent the picture of his own voalition, and lied to the Justicar, saying that it was at rleete's behest. Or thirdly, stoat sent the e-mail of his own voalition, and the Justicar assumed that it was at rleete's instruction. Clearly, this is a matter that must be cleared up by testimony. Towards The Bottom Of The Page.

2. On December 27, 2005, Stuka issued a Blood Hamster match against both rleete and Nidan1 for the right to boss stoat around and otherwise take over masterly duties. Can Be Seen Here. rleete responding lower down the page by saying

stoat (fondler) was taken to serf simply because we need a new pissboy. That he gets O.F.J. foaming at the mouth is just icing on the cake. Not that I'd want to eat it, but maybe we can stick a candle in it and give it to Lars.
Not the words of a true master, in my mind.

3. On January 9, 2006 (Towards The Middle), NG_Cavscout wondered if anyone had taken stoat as a serf yet. rleete posted 9 minutes later - yet made no mention of his ownership of stoat. It fell to moi to point this out to NG_Cavscout. Had rleete truely been fufilling his duties as master, he would have done so himself.

4. rleete's original proposal of stoat for serfdom can be found here. It is uninspiring, to say the least. Anyone who proposes a serf merely to "annoy Old Foul Joe" deserves to lose the right to first refusal. At least when the Justicar mistakenly makes stoat a serf to Nidan1, rleete manages to point out the error.

5. When Seanachai does propose stoat for serfdom, rleete waits until two full pages later to respond. A good master would have been there earlier. And his defense seems to consist solely of the fact that once he sent Seanachai some alcohol.

Barring any new revelations that should come up in testimony, I am ruling in favor of Seanachai. I do so for several reasons.

1. He's an Olde One. That should be reason enough.

2. He frequents the MBT far, far more than rleete. Though Seanachai may have a history of latchkey squires, at least he's around, even if not actually instructing, or whatever.

3. rleete has shown no real interest in possesing stoat in any way. He made him a serf to irritate the Justicar, failed to defend his honor, and only recommended him for squire after Seanachai did and forced his hand.

Thus I come to my conclusion. stoat should become the squire of Seanachai.

By GAWD juan_gigante now THAT was as fine a piece of verbose obfuscation as I've seen since ... well since the last time I posted is what it is.

Sadly you then spoil the fine work you did by actually coming to a conclusion! These things take TIME lad, time and consideration, time and consideration and the ASSISTANCE OF STENOGRAPHERS!

about_main.jpg

You're doing very well lad, just a few loose ends you have to pick up ... so to speak.

Joe

In reviewing the historical Peng threads I made a roight mess

Absolute poppycock!

The quality (or lack thereof) of stoat’s master is of no concern to this inquisition, indeed my young friend you are a prime example of this.

Is not the lemmywinks wannabee v42below meant to be your particular master?

And did I not beseech the Justicar to release you under my guiding care, at least until 4v2below could be bothered to post more than twice a month?

And did the Justicar not say “screw you”?

No Juan-Gigante you have stepped far beyond your remit… I’d ask for a sub-committee to explore the reasons why but realised that’d be somewhat ridiculous what with Boo already forming one sub-committee, me considering setting up another (to look into our inadequate expense budget & pension rights) and any one of us ready to form yet another committee charged with finding out where our promised stenographers are.

Dear Peng, Juan Gigante … a conclusion?

Next you’ll be telling us you’re in this for the ‘Good of the Pool’?

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by juan_gigante:

In reviewing the historical Peng threads I made a roight mess

Absolute poppycock!

The quality (or lack thereof) of stoat’s master is of no concern to this inquisition, indeed my young friend you are a prime example of this.

Is not the lemmywinks wannabee v42below meant to be your particular master?

And did I not beseech the Justicar to release you under my guiding care, at least until 4v2below could be bothered to post more than twice a month?

And did the Justicar not say “screw you”?

No Juan-Gigante you have stepped far beyond your remit… I’d ask for a sub-committee to explore the reasons why but realised that’d be somewhat ridiculous what with Boo already forming one sub-committee, me considering setting up another (to look into our inadequate expense budget & pension rights) and any one of us ready to form yet another committee charged with finding out where our promised stenographers are.

...{snipped}... </font>

Since there was apparently some confusion about exactly WHAT was being volunteered for (I thought it was pretty clear that I was looking for stenographers), I suppose I have no choice but to accept the volunteers for our Select Committe itself and rely upon the good offices of Big Al to find our stenographers.

Therefore, by the power vested in me by the Olde Ones of the Peng Challenge Thread and relying upon the charge and responsibility of the Justicariate of the Peng Challenge Thread, to wit, to maintain the SACRED Traditions of same ... the Peng Challenge Thread that is, not the wit ... which seems to be in something of a slump lately ... I hereby empower and enjoin the F.I.S.A. Committee (Full Investigation of Seanachai's Actions) to investigate, subpeona, interview and deliver a full report to the body of the CessPool on the subject of the subjugation of Stoat (spelt but not bolded) Serf to the CessPool and his future deployment or lack thereof.

Said FISA Committee shall consist of juan_gigante representing the Squires and Serfs of the CessPool, NG cavscout representing the U.S.elements of the CessPool, Sir Sir 37mm representing the foreign CessPool and as Chairman of the Committee and representing the Justicariate of the Peng Challenge Thread, Boo Radley ... okay TECHNICALLY he didn't volunteer but it's not like he's got a LIFE or anything.

May I respectfully suggest to the FISA Committee that the prime question before them should be ... "What did Seanachai not know and when did he not know it?"

Joe

I'll keep an eye on the esky while you are all busy.