CMSF v1.05 Patch with dynamic lighting preview screenshots

Madmatt

Yeh, the Beta guys have been playing about 10 times more battles between dusk and dawn than they used to. And using different weapons types too, just so they can gawk at the new lighting effects! Me, I've dusted off the little-used TOW Stryker and built a couple really big maps just to watch them TOWs fly downrange. :D

Wow! smile.gif This is going to make waiting for the patch even more painful. As it happens, I've been working on a Red v Red scenario that takes place at night. Does this mean that flaming wrecks are going to make units in their illumination zones easier to spot? :eek: That'll change the complexion of night combat for sure.

Looks good but where are the shadows? Were they turned off to make the screenshots look more impressive? I've had problems with shadows from day 1. Any news on them being any better in v1.05?

[EDIT]

With dynamic lighting looking this good at night, it would look amazing if we had functioning flares in the game. Any chance of HQs having the option to fire flares over enemy positions? I realise that many units use night-vision equipment nowadays but flares would definitely have to be in the game engine for WWII. In addition, units without night-vision equipment (Syrian regulars) would probably use them too.

[ December 12, 2007, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Steiner ]

Originally posted by LGMB:

Matt, can you talk about the sound changes in 1.05? I'd really like to know what cool shizzle we can expect.

on Blog front:

The team is finishing testing of the upcoming 1.05 patch for CMSF. The changelog is impressive and consists of over 60 entries, including bug fixes as well as new features. Here is a short overview:

1. Over 60 bug fixes, feature enhancements, and a few new features

2. Many fixes to LOS/LOF and pathfinding

3. Dynamic lighting at night from muzzle flashes and burning objects

4. Trees can now be visually hidden via a hotkey

5. Soldiers use the cover of corners of walls and buildings much better

6. Hunt is now more responsive to enemy activitiy

7. Soldiers do a better job retaining important weapons from fallen comrades

8. Vehicle ammo selection is much better when the targeted spot could theoretically be penetrated by more than one type of round

9. Buildings stand up better to damage from explosions

10. TCP/IP instability and various visual glitches fixed

seriously, this is just the tip of the iceberg :cool:

On Blogfront: Dusting off the the credenza click me smile.gif

[ December 13, 2007, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

seriously, this is just the tip of the iceberg :cool:

On Blogfront: Dusting off the the credenza click me smile.gif [/QB]

Is there a reason Martin repeats the first paragraph twice in each blog entry?

Is there a reason Martin repeats the first paragraph twice in each blog entry?

Mord.

P.S. Good news all around!