The 'What's so great about the Peng Challenge Thread' thread

Stuka

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dalem:

10 minutes into the first "Cinematic Titanic" so far.

I like it. Lots of potential. Sounds a little over-rehearsed, which is understandable for the initial one, but it's great to hear Joel and Trace and Frank and Mary Jo again.

I like.

-dale

I know of whom you speak, but the context is foreign.

Explain, please.

Watched Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicals this evening.

Meh, it's typical network TV, but Summer Glau sure is a cutie.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I know of whom you speak, but the context is foreign.

Explain, please.

Post above edited for your linkadisciousnessosity.

Basically, the old MST guys who aren't doing Rifftrax saw the market still pulls, got on the bandwagon and are doing their own new version of MST. They intend to do downloads but right now they have a DVD for sale. "The Oozing Skull".

Watch the trailer.

I foresee great things in the Riffaverse as both efforts gain traction.

Sad news 'Poolers...

My great Uncle passed away yesterday aged 89 in Rockhampton nursing home surrounded by loved ones.

He was a top old bloke, loved a beer and was the epitamy of the old school, larrikan gentlemen.

Corporal Harold Joseph Cleary, QX20149, machine gunner, 2/15 Australian Infantry Battalion, served Palestine, New Guinea (Kokoda trail) and Borneo (last Pacific amphibious landing of WW2 at Balakpapaan).

R.I.P

Buggar.......

The sort of guy 'Uncle Harold' was.....

He never took a cent of his war service pension....In his own words "It was my duty to serve my country, and I don't expect to be paid for it".

The last of an old generation hey?

*plays 'last post'*

*sniff*

Harold never spoke of the war much, but he did tell me about some of the New Guinea campaign in the Owen Stanley Ranges on the Kokoda track.

They would get sent up into the line for 2 weeks at a time and due to the constant shelling and threat of Japanese infiltration, the troops were not permitted to remove their boots/socks....at all.

So after a 2 week stint in those wet, humid, stinking mud conditions, they'd trek back down the range and when they got to camp the boys would remove their footwear only then and apparantly when the socks came off, so did all the skin of the foot....it'd take the rest of the 2 week out of the line period for their feet to heal before they went back up into combat again.

The jungle was so dense Harold told me he could hear his mates and occasional Japanese voices around but only once, he thought he saw a Japanese figure through the foliage. He fired and the figure disappeared, there was no way to confirm if he hit or not as if a body fell, it was instantly swallowed up by the vegetation and lost to sight.

I always wanted to write a book of his memoirs....guess that'll never happen now....

Thanks guys! I'm pretty cut up about this, Harold was my favourite relative, when I lived in Australia he was an 8 hour drive from my place so I didn't get to visit so often but when I did I'd always take a 6 pack for him (against doctor's orders), he loved it! He'd never drink from the bottle, always using a glass and would always toast to your health before taking a drink.

I think I want to be Uncle Harold when I grow up....

In other news, the good Lady Stuka's cousin and his wife have today announced that they are with child, so the cycle of life continues, one enters, one leaves....

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

What? When you could have been watching Comanches get slaughtered over on CBS instead?

Sheesh, somebody ought to hang you upside-down and stuff a scorpion up your nose.

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

What? When you could have been watching Comanches get slaughtered over on CBS instead?

Sheesh, somebody ought to hang you upside-down and stuff a scorpion up your nose. </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

10 minutes into the first "Cinematic Titanic" so far.

I like it. Lots of potential. Sounds a little over-rehearsed, which is understandable for the initial one, but it's great to hear Joel and Trace and Frank and Mary Jo again.

I like.

-dale

Edited to provide linkydink.

Which reminds me, did you ever see the very, very, very first EVER MST3K? Before it got picked up by Sci/Fi? I taped it when they ran it on one of their Turkey Day marathons a bunch of years ago and it was really, really... not so funny.

Originally posted by flammenwerfer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

I don't know, Boo's stories are only mildly amusing in a mentally challenged sort of way.

Leave Boo alone...He hasn't been the same since they canceled that Caveman TV show. </font>