My little mrs figured it out.

She's the brains and the beauty of this thing we call love. </font>

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

We'd use a hammer to knock your toes off, and put them into our rum&cokes in lieu of ice.

Eeeeewwwwwww! All that toe jam, athletes foot and assorted other god knows what exotic tropical life forms??? Not in my drink you won't!

Michael </font>

I'm a hideous despot, aren't I?

Sigh.

I felt it was time to 'bring the hammer down'. So I just used 'intemperate' language in a thread to 'Paul AU'.

I'd just as soon be hung for a goat, as a sheep. I'm not sure that's the correct expression.

When I was 15, I visited the island of Nevis with my Dad and his friend, Marv Anderson, who owned a plantation down there.

There were endless flocks of these annoying, bleating ruminants that seemingly used every road as their path.

And my Dad told me: Do you know how to tell the sheep from the goats? (because, truthfully, they all looked the same). The sheep are the ones whose tails hang down.

Better, I think, to wave that tail jauntily up, and be put on a spit, than have it hang low, and simply be milked.

Checking everything over, I'm now somewhat sure... that Joe never talked about Firesign Theater. And so, my strange reminiscence about that weekend that Joe and I spent in Sioux Falls... may not be... apropos.

That never happened. Clearly, there's no reason to even bring something like that up. He's a great guy. It may not even have been Joe. It may have been Kerch. That's not even a name. I don't know anyone named that. And I was never in Sioux Falls in 1980. No one was. Why would anyone ever go there?

I'm pretty sure that was a story that Lars told me. Really late at night. Lars talks a whole bunch of weird ****e, late at night.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

And where I come from, Bucky, Illinois is the circle of Hell that God consigns the Bad Popes and Evil Monarchs to...

Whatchyou talkin' 'bout Willis?

The Evil Monarch has been reassigned to Colorado. I'm amazed there hasn't been a huge thawing out taking place in the mountain region of that dreadful place.

But the rest of Indiana, man.

Much as it pains me, I have to agree. On one of my eastward treks I was compelled to pass through Indiana. I took one look at Gary and my soul cringed. Indianapolis was even worse. What an awful, awful place. Couldn't get out of there fast enough. Indiana exists for the sole purpose of making the rest of the country feel that however bad it may be, at least it isn't Indiana.

Michael

Checking everything over, I'm now somewhat sure... that Joe never talked about Firesign Theater. And so, my strange reminiscence about that weekend that Joe and I spent in Sioux Falls... may not be... apropos.

Oh, that's OK, Cubby. I just deflated my shoes, tied myself into my chair and hung on for yet another one of Seanachai's Stream of Consciousness! rides.

The destination is never important. It's the ride that's key.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Oh, that's OK, Cubby. I just deflated my shoes, tied myself into my chair and hung on for yet another one of Seanachai's Stream of Consciousness! rides.

The destination is never important. It's the ride that's key. </font>

Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

New Years story for a Gnome:

He became a man on a cool November weekend in 1978. Everything he was to learn about common decency and morality he would acquire in the sand of the New Jersey Pinelands on a wicked and evil weekend during his 17th year. Young to be subjected to the kind of savage behavior that he was about to face but when you think about it is any age old enough to embrace that madness? My bet is on “no”.

We only left the campsite for a little while and returned to find Ranger Ted Smith standing in our site. This didn’t go over well with the potheads and drunkards that we traveled with during those days. Only one of us was of drinking age at the time (drinking age in N.J. 1978 was 18 years old so you could still die for your country and have a beer in the Garden State) and the stacked cases behind our tent in the state park were not “regulation”.

The second shift of stoned freaks did a drive by while we spoke with the Ranger and hid the balance of the weed at Carranza Memorial (Emilio Carranza was the Mexican Lindberg and had attempted a non-stop from Mexico City to New York and back…….there is a monument in New Jersey where his plane was found). They then joined us for the line up and lecture by the good Ranger.

We were instructed to put the beer in the trunks of our cars and not touch again. In case you have forgotten…we are talking about 8 17-18 guys being told to put beer in our cars and leave it alone. Of course we said we would and began to load it into the cars for Ranger Dumas.

Well…….a couple of minutes into the loading Ranger Dumas notices a bong by the fire. Sensing we have been discovered we say we found it by the pump and that maybe the Boyscout troop that had been trough during the night had left it and we brought it back as a curiosity.

Ranger Dumas became Ranger Einstein at about this time. He demanded we pour our beer out and leave.

In 2008 that seems like a very very minor penalty but when you’re 17 and asked to pour out 13 cases of beer. Hard fought for beer. An entire weekends stash……inhumane.

I received my first speeding ticket that day. Bad craziness.

I'm a hideous despot, aren't I?

Yes, but without the 'despot' part.

(Turns out, you can't actually tell *anyone* what to do or say, eh? With or without your tribal cronies).

I just watched the 1970's French 'documentary' about/called "General Idi Amin Dada", and I have to say in all honesty... Amin had 18 childen - is Senachai one of them?

I felt it was time to 'bring the hammer down'.

Is that what you thought you were doing? You, have a, hammer? I hope your bruise has healed.

You know the old saying, "If all you have is a hammer, then " (in your case) ..."everything looks like a four hour wait in the emergency ward with a self-inflicted wound."

So I just used 'intemperate' language in a thread to 'Paul AU'.

(We all get carried away sometimes).

I'd just as soon be hung for a goat, as a sheep.

Just as long as you're hung.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Stream of unconscious bats.

I enjoyed a Bat curry while in the Seychelles the other week. Bony little critters they are too with not much meat on those tiny little ribcages (much like Noba) and they taste kind of like beef with of course a strong curry flavour.

At the end of the meal my bowl looked like some kind of exhumed mass grave with dozens of little ribcages and assorted other bones in a dark mass of curry paste resembling muddy earth.

I am the destroyer.....

It's a big year, going to Gallipoli for the 100th anniversary then waltzing around Europe and North Africa for 2 months then Waterloo for the 200th anniversary.

Then I decided if I've gone that far I might as well take a couple more weeks off work and visit my cousin in Canada plus do some sightseeing around there and the U.S.

So you guys over there have 7 years to get ready to give me a big rousing welcome. Start stocking up the grog now guys.

Originally posted by Stuka:

I enjoyed a Bat curry while in the Seychelles the other week.

At the end of the meal my bowl looked like some kind of exhumed mass grave with dozens of little ribcages and assorted other bones in a dark mass of curry paste resembling muddy earth.

Holy ****, there's no depth of depravity you will not stoop to, is there. I expect you to roll in here next week telling us how you and the Emir shared a barbecued baby harp seal.

Bleh!

Michael