The 'What's so great about the Peng Challenge Thread' thread

Stuka

Horror! The TV has stopped working! And tonight they were going to show the Victoria secret show!!!

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Hey, don't mention Michelin......memories of trees, rows and rows of trees, popping of AK-47s,darkness, Puff the Magic dragon....flares, screaming, 33 beer.

Anyone got a smoke?

Shouldn't that be 333 beer? And where's my turn? Questions, questions...

[ January 09, 2008, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: stikkypixie ]

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

They have a pretty honed sense for marketing.

Right, "333" may roll off the tongue in Vietnamese, but its cumbersome in English, same in Russian.

Who was buying it back then?

Originally posted by MrPeng:

I still have my Gluek's Schooner - Not that it gets used for anything good these days. Water. That's about it - but It does bring back fond flashbacks of a happier time filled with a flirtatious retiree, a pregnant goat, the MBT's Gary Shandling Impersonator and more alcohol than a liver can stand. My liver actually left my body that night and cursed me. Hasn't been right since.

Eh, it was Berli's glass that got broken, then. I only had two.

And no, Lars, we didn't steal any glasses. That was the weird night (in every conceivable way), when you bought a 'commemorative' Gluek's glass for $1.99, or whatever the hell it was, and every refill was a buck, and you got to keep the glass.

Seemed almost a waste after 'Hanns' showed up, and started just smacking free pitchers down on the table like some kind of automaton bizarro bar bouncer.

Remember when we left the damn bar? It was late October, and it was like in single digits outside, with a 30 mph wind.

Peng, Berli and I tried to sing all the way back to his hotel 5 blocks away, but it was too goddamn cold to even breathe.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

but It does bring back fond flashbacks of a happier time filled with a flirtatious retiree, a pregnant goat, the MBT's Gary Shandling Impersonator and more alcohol than a liver can stand. .

And what about the balding, kinky-haired, be-spectacled Woody Allen impersonator who was doing Karaoke of Michael Jackson songs, including dropping into a scissor splits and springing upright again?

And what about the Captain Morgan Spiced Rum costumed Jack Sparrow impersonator who went from table to table giving us all free rum, along with his bevy of 'pirate girls'.

You know, thinking back, that was easily the weirdest goddamn night I've ever spent in a bar.

And that's saying something.

Originally posted by dalem:

Ruffles are good chips

They go best with onion dip

The Zero strafes Boo

In the interest of keeping your stuff fresh, and less painful, we need to get some more versification by the even less accomplished going again.

I believe it's an element of Vietnamese folk medicine to distract a sufferer from one pain by inducing another pain.

Of course, that could simply be a commentary on what it was like to be under French rule for all those years.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

but It does bring back fond flashbacks of a happier time filled with a flirtatious retiree, a pregnant goat, the MBT's Gary Shandling Impersonator and more alcohol than a liver can stand. .

And what about the balding, kinky-haired, be-spectacled Woody Allen impersonator who was doing Karaoke of Michael Jackson songs, including dropping into a scissor splits and springing upright again?</font>

Originally posted by Moon:

...once the new website and servers are fully functional and up to the task. The preparations for this have already begun in fact.

There will be many new features that the new website will offer, including an all new forum. Personally, I am looking forward A LOT to some of those new features. For example, the forum has an "ignore" setting for other users. Their posts are then automatically blanked out. That will be cool.

Martin

Looking foward to an Emrys-Free MBT.