The 'What's so great about the Peng Challenge Thread' thread

Stuka

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Goddamnit, I hate having to work in the morning...

Must be getting on to three ayem your time, huh? Another day of feeling like crap, just so you can pay the gas bill. Important to pay the gas bill in case you feel like sticking your head in the oven.

Michael

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Hint: To pour piss out of a boot, first read the instructions printed on the heel.

Michael

I can picture you quite clearly, being told this. I see you raising the boot up straight over your head to see what's written on the bottom of the heel.

And after reading the instruction 'turn the boot over', I see you suddenly awash in your own effluents.

Niagra Falls...

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Must be getting on to three ayem your time, huh? Another day of feeling like crap, just so you can pay the gas bill. Important to pay the gas bill in case you feel like sticking your head in the oven.

Michael </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael </font>

Oven doesn't work. Hasn't worked in 18 years. Stove-top works. Fine with me. I mainly make stew.

I can picture the hunched over, swaying, squinting, jutting index finger careful "I'm not going to betray how drunk I am" tap... tap... backspace... tap... tap... tapping that that must've required. 10 minutes at least.

Ha! Once again, I have become a figure of fun to you people! You mock and deride me! You belittle and defy me! You laugh, and deny me!

But I will have the last laugh of all, when, in the final act, I reveal my — true identity!

Then will there be gasps! Then there will be confusion! Then, and only then, will the eyes of the clueless be opened wide!

You know, I think we should do a 'Peng Challenge Thread' Opera.

Dalem wants us to do the 'Peng Challenge Thread' version of Willy Wonka.

But I'm thinking, something more 'classical'. Dalem's fairly low-brow.

Perhaps a compromise. We could do a Gilbert & Sullivan version of the Peng Challenge Thread.

All we need, really, is a setting, a story line, and a libretto. I mean, it's a damn message board. We can't, without jumping through poodle hoops, do an actual score.

Music is the only difficult thing about Opera. Everything else is just entertainment.

So, what I'm picturing is, some sort of extremely unhealthy adaptation of Wagner's "Nibelungen Ring" saga.

You know what I mean. Olde Ones standing about, raving a bit about the stupidity of mankind, the Justicar showing up to declaim apocalyptic ****e, Australians doing a drunken schottische in the background, singing a bawdy song about a hedgehog. That sort of thing.

High Art.

If we worked at it, it could be our legacy to the Combat Mission Forum. Maybe raise a little money.

Hey, everyone! I know how to save Combat Mission! We'll do a Big Show!

We could do a Gilbert & Sullivan version of the Peng Challenge Thread.

Ah'm tha feckin' model o' a modern feckin' general,

Haggis mathematical an' Heeland fling ephemeral...

*burrrp*Oh sae kin ye see'*/burrrp*

Wha' di' ye doo wi' a problaim lak MARRRREEEYAAHHH!

*hic* *thud*

Originally posted by OGSF:

We could do a Gilbert & Sullivan version of the Peng Challenge Thread.

Ah'm tha feckin' model o' a modern feckin' general,

Haggis mathematical an' Heeland fling ephemeral...

*burrrp*Oh sae kin ye see'*/burrrp*

Wha' di' ye doo wi' a problaim lak MARRRREEEYAAHHH!

*hic* *thud* </font>

You know, there are times when I wish I was a lot more rich, or a lot closer to death. Either way, I could load up the car and drive across America, inflicting myself on the members of this Board.

And when I hit an ocean, I could sell the car, and continue on to inflict myself on the foreigners.

All in all, though, I think I wish that I was a lot more rich.