HUMBLE REINCARNATION OF THE PENG CHALLENGED THREAD

Guest konrad

Originally posted by Bugged:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

{horrible picture removed}

***...shudder...***

God save us. God save us all.

And now you know why I drop trou when sailing by one of those foo-foo ships...

And what's your excuse when you drop trou in other circumstances?

Actually I found that cruising on one of those "foo-foo ships" was not to my liking. But then I didn't have to pay for it either so ...

Joe </font>

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bugged:

Yes, and you've got our attention.

*waits*

Well, since I have exactly zero turns in the ol Inbox...

I prance about with the windows open. </font>

I am returned.

But I am no longer the man you once knew. I have been reborn, made new, changed beyond all recognition.

During my sojourn to the Emerald Isle, a secret, and possibly heretical ritual was held at the Guinness Brewery, and the annoying bog-trotters of that distant land made me their King.

Despite the fact that they all mumble, talk too fast, and apparently think that Minnesota is a province of Canada (and they're a little shaky on where the hell Canada is, on top of everything else; for the most part the only place in the New World they seem to be familiar with away from the Eastern seaboard is Chicago, and all discussions of 'where something is in North America' have to be conducted in terms of direction and miles from Chicago. Possibly it is a Berli thing), I have graciously agreed to be the secret, unspoken King of Ireland.

Of course I agreed to tell no one of this, but telling you lot is like telling a cat or a dog. Except that the average cat or dog might actually have a glimmer of intelligence, but fortunately their lack of language would prevent them from giving away my secret. You lot of tossers have (shudder) 'the gift of language', but fortunately you're all such a shower of idiocy that you could spout my secrets to the entire world and the only result would be that you'd get whacked with a stick by whatever poor bastard you were spraying with spittle.

The symbol of my Monarchy is a Harp within a Kayak.

It's beautiful in Minnesota. I've been out on the lakes twice in two days, paddling my kayak. When I came in from the lake, I signed the first in a series of secret directives that will purge Catholicism from Ireland and return the entire island to paganism within the next ten years.

Go ahead, call one of the news agencies. It's probably been almost an hour since you silly sods were whacked with a stick.

Ahem. You may be king of the little people, but there's no way you're king of the five provinces. When I was in Cork and kissed a certain stone, it was covered in green moss and orange chewing gum. What color has it turned to these days?

[Oh god, I wandered into that thread again by accident -- I'm outta here before anyone notices].

Originally posted by Philippe:

Ahem. You may be king of the little people, but there's no way you're king of the five provinces.

Sorry, but I am. Ask any of the Celtic Illuminati - oh, that's right. You can't, because they'll simply deny ever having heard of me (not unlike a number of women over the years who had briefly thrown over intelligence for passion). And then the kelly green helicopters will show up at your place late at night. In the morning you'll wonder why it hurts when you take a ****e and why your underwear is made of some weird synthetic substance and why you've decided to get a plane ticket to Vatican City and you'll be wondering about the slip of paper in your wallet with the name of an illicit gun dealer in Italy and as you accept a white wine from the stewardess you'll think to yourself that Ratzinger has lived too long already.

And as you close your eyes to stop the throbbing in your head and consider how best to take the high-powered rifle with scope that you've realized you have to buy from the man whose name and number are on the slip of paper in your wallet out into the countryside in order to make sure it's properly sighted in, you'll have a brief, lucid moment in which you'll think to yourself:

I should never have doubted that Seanachai had become King of Ireland.

Boo! I know that you have been waiting, patient and loyal as Penelope, though far less appealing, for my return. Send cattle and sheep to slaughter, Oh Boo! Set the meat to roasting over the open fires, and broach the casks of wine and ale!

Like Odysseus I have come back across the wine dark seas. Let Joe rise from his place by the fire and, on shaky paws, make his way to my side to fawn over me and whine with happiness at my return.

Fetch me my bow, oh Boo! Traditionally, at moments like this, I will be required to wreak havoc and slaughter on any number of drunken, arrogant lackwits. So let's get to it.

Who needs my special attention?

Like Odysseus I have come back across the wine dark seas. Let Joe rise from his place by the fire and, on shaky paws, make his way to my side to fawn over me and whine with happiness at my return.
Ah yes, well, you see the fawning part is simply not on and the only whining I'll do will, I assure you, NOT be associated with happiness but rather with the pain in my back and a persistent vertigo.

But on to more important things, I gave unto you a task, a geas if you will (or even if you won't) to visit the birthplace of my great grandfather Simon Shaw, to wit ... Eaglehill, County Kildare. It was on your way ... more or less.

I await your report ...

Joe

Originally posted by konrad:

400 years time jumps in gargoyled basement plus unexpectet acid run with Da Vinci.

but its fixed now and better,no ?

That's just...sodding beautiful, man. It's so wonderfully coherent/incoherent that it's like hearing the silences between each peal of a bell of weirdness.

"gargoyled basement"? "Unexpected acid run with Da Vinci"?

I am never actually sure what the hell you're talking about, but I don't care. There is a poetry to it.

I am casting my brain about it. A gargoyled basement. It sings.

Just so you know, you Polish lunatic, I will be shamelessly stealing anything you post that I think I can use in my own march towards the Apocalypso.

The Peng Challenge Thread should be a Graphic Novel.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Philippe:

Ahem. You may be king of the little people, but there's no way you're king of the five provinces.

Sorry, but I am. Ask any of the Celtic Illuminati - oh, that's right. You can't, because they'll simply deny ever having heard of me (not unlike a number of women over the years who had briefly thrown over intelligence for passion). And then the kelly green helicopters will show up at your place late at night. In the morning you'll wonder why it hurts when you take a ****e and why your underwear is made of some weird synthetic substance and why you've decided to get a plane ticket to Vatican City and you'll be wondering about the slip of paper in your wallet with the name of an illicit gun dealer in Italy and as you accept a white wine from the stewardess you'll think to yourself that Ratzinger has lived too long already.

And as you close your eyes to stop the throbbing in your head and consider how best to take the high-powered rifle with scope that you've realized you have to buy from the man whose name and number are on the slip of paper in your wallet out into the countryside in order to make sure it's properly sighted in, you'll have a brief, lucid moment in which you'll think to yourself:

I should never have doubted that Seanachai had become King of Ireland. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Boo! I know that you have been waiting, patient and loyal as Penelope, though far less appealing, for my return. Send cattle and sheep to slaughter, Oh Boo! Set the meat to roasting over the open fires, and broach the casks of wine and ale!

Fetch me my bow, oh Boo! Traditionally, at moments like this, I will be required to wreak havoc and slaughter on any number of drunken, arrogant lackwits. So let's get to it.

Who needs my special attention?

Oh.

So I see you finally dragged your great speckled behind in here after being back for what... a couple of weeks?

And then you seek to gain our attention by banging your spoon on your high chair tray as hard as you can.

So predictable.

You fill me with inertia... peel me a grape, why don't you?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bugged:

Were you on a Norwegian Cruise Lines ship? I've yet to meet anyone who likes that line.

Worse than that I think, though I'm no expert. It was the Carnival MS Fascination, Miami to Key West to the Bahamas in 2.5 fun filled days. Had business meetings every morning from 8 to 11 and our designated dinner time was 8:30 PM.

Keep in mind that I'm an old fart and the lure of free booze, poolside and loud music is pretty much lost on me.

Add to that nearly drowning when attempting to snorkle and ...

Joe </font>