HUMBLE REINCARNATION OF THE PENG CHALLENGED THREAD

Guest konrad

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Shaw you feck. I will not relent until you acknowledge my pain...

The fisherman, then, is a metaphor for the unrelenting necessity of laboring for our daily bread? He knows only fishing, that is all he does day in and day out but do it he must if he is to survive. The pain is the pain of drudgery and, to carry the metaphor a bit further, the occassional sharp prick of a mislaid hook. He is a fisherman, a simple fisherman as any can see at a moment. He knows not why he fishes, he only knows that he IS a fisherman and therefore, he must fish. To expect more of him is to expect that he will forego what he IS in favor of what he might BECOME and, as he clearly states, he IS a fisherman and no doubt that is what he will remain.

Is that about it?

Or were you referring to this?

girl.jpg

Joe

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And how full the nets came in,

we hauled them up by hand

But when we fled,

I left them just out past the coral reef

They're waiting there for me, running deep...

Well, not for bloody long they won't be waiting. Putting aside that he left them near the coral reef (yes, I know OUT PAST the coral reef, but JUST out past and we all know about tides) where they'd be shredded in a moment, what of sharks and barracuda attracted by the bulging nets of helpless prey?

Not to mention the Cornelius Marie ... you can't trust them not to grab another's catch, I've seen it happen too many times.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

"And how full the nets came in,

we hauled them up by hand

But when we fled,

I left them just out past the coral reef

They're waiting there for me, running deep...

Well, not for bloody long they won't be waiting. Putting aside that he left them near the coral reef (yes, I know OUT PAST the coral reef, but JUST out past and we all know about tides) where they'd be shredded in a moment, what of sharks and barracuda attracted by the bulging nets of helpless prey?

Not to mention the Cornelius Marie ... you can't trust them not to grab another's catch, I've seen it happen too many times.

Joe </font>

Yes, in some cultures it might be considered danegeld ...

Joe

Going around gelding Danes is sure to get you talked about.

More so than you are right now.

But the bit about bauhaus getting kicked in the head was quite amusing.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Seanachai!

Why won't you answer my E-mails???

Tee-hee-hee

They post, and they post, Boo. They post like self-complascent ****sticks.

History is one thing. Posting about 'the Germans', or about 'The Allies', that's one thing. But children are dying, and they're posting like people posting on a 'Classic Car' forum.

I hate the bastards. I hate their detached, 'isn't this cool' discussions.

I hate the ****ing cocksuckers who are discussing the current death of children as though God has weighed in on the side of engineering.

You can ban the discussion of politics, but you cannot ignore the fact that you're still dealing with human lives.

Everything about this 'Syrian Conflict' game concept is giving me the Red Ass.

I think Battlefront has gone the wrong ****ing direction. I think the worst thing they could do is cast a conflict in terms of Current Affairs, rather than History.

Because children die. **** that. All these assholes nattering on about Strykers and Syrian Irregulars...They are not engaging my interest.

Increasingly, the Battlefront Forum is starting to sound like the Military equivalent of a Pedophile Website. They're catering to the worst about us, rather than reaching out to our understanding of Human conflict.

I haven't responded, oh Boo, because I don't know how long I'll be here, or how long I'll be allowed to be here.

You're a bloody great guy. I'm a fool. May I just say that, whatever happens, you've been the very worst goddamn henchman an Evil Lord could hope for? I mean, you've contradicted me at every turn, given me ****e, and never, ever agreed to do my bidding.

And that's what someone who isn't a complete fecking asshole looks for in a henchman.

QUESTION EVERYTHING! ADMIT NOTHING! DEMAND AN ACCOUNTING!

Bah! I've done my usual Gnomish thing on the Straight Forum. I can't imagine I'll be allowed here much longer.

I must take issue with your self-characterization, however. You are not a fool, you are that most glorious of all Gawd's creatures, a Foole and right glad we are of it.

As to the drunkard ... I believe that's part of the job description for Foole, it's not as if it's a choice you make.

But a mean-spirited bastard ... NEVER. Would a mean-spirited bastard find such joy in the joy of a Small Emma? Would he gave aid and comfort to GooberNational SSNs as they wander in? Would he continue to post HERE? Well, perhaps the last but no Sir, I've seen mean-spirited bastards, mean-spirited bastards are friends of mine ... and you Sir are NO mean-spirited bastard.

None of which DISQUALIFIES you from hammering fecking idjits to death with a big hammer, of course ... I think that's one of the perks of the job.

Joe

Well, fairly said, but insane.

DO YOU LIVE INSIDE MY HEAD?!

I thought not.

I'm a bastard. See if I'm not.

The fisherman, then, is a metaphor for the unrelenting necessity of laboring for our daily bread? He knows only fishing, that is all he does day in and day out but do it he must if he is to survive. The pain is the pain of drudgery and, to carry the metaphor a bit further, the occassional sharp prick of a mislaid hook. He is a fisherman, a simple fisherman as any can see at a moment. He knows not why he fishes, he only knows that he IS a fisherman and therefore, he must fish. To expect more of him is to expect that he will forego what he IS in favor of what he might BECOME and, as he clearly states, he IS a fisherman and no doubt that is what he will remain.

Is that about it?

Joe </font>

Cain and Able, Over and Out

So, my Small Friend Emma has entered that level of emotional development that will qualify her to deal with Religion.

The other day, her Mom, Jen, told me that Dad was sitting out on the sun porch with Small Emma and Tiny Nora, and while working on his computer, he looked up and noticed that Emma had draped a blanket over her sister, Nora.

He told her, 'Emma, don't put that blanket on your sister. It could smother her.'

And my Small Friend, 3 foot high and looking like a Fairy Princess, said: 'If she couldn't breathe, Daddy, would she die?'

Now mind, this was her first foray into the whole concept of 'would she die'. She doesn't understand death at this point any more than she understands the fact that Grandma Steve won't overrule her Mom.

And the Dad of Small Emma said: Well, Emma, if it was over her for a long time, and interfered with her breathing, yes, she could die.

And Small Emma said: 'I want Nora to die.'

And her Dad, not freaking out (which is pretty incredible, frankly), said: Emma, why would you want Nora to die?

And she told him: Because then you and Mommy would play with me more.

Welcome to the Selfishness of Love.

How can the mind encompass it? How can anyone understand the horror of watching a child, at play, tossing a blanket over the head of her sibling, hoping to eradicate her from the Universe so that Mommy and Daddy would spend more time with her?

How can anyone do anything more than laugh? How goddamn silly and childish!

And how many souls have been taken off because some needy soul, of whatever age, wanted everyone else to pay more attention to them?

It's easy for me, of course. I've reached an age where I no longer want a woman to only acknowledge me, and no one else. If I want the world to pay attention to me, I can always act up on the Peng Challenge Thread.

And when a small, imperious Princess needs her minion to acknowledge her, all I have to do is go 'Caw, Caw, My Queen!'

But I think, when I think about anything, that love is only dangerous when it is childish. I think that part of growing up is telling other people not to kill each other. Especially people you love.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

Senor, as you know, I was a fisherman... </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Is that about it?

Joe </font>