Originally posted by Madmatt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Ok, now the movement command keys are yet again mapped different;

B = Fast

I = Quick

N = Move

J = Slow

\ = Reverse

Am I the only one that fnds this musical chairs deal with the command keys to be just a bit odd?

Which is why we now give you freedom to reassign them at will using the hotkeys.txt file.

Madmatt </font>

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B = Fast

I = Quick

N = Move

J = Slow

\ = Reverse

Am I the only one that fnds this musical chairs deal with the command keys to be just a bit odd?

Which is why we now give you freedom to reassign them at will using the hotkeys.txt file.

Madmatt </font>

B = Fast

I = Quick

N = Move

J = Slow

\ = Reverse

Madmatt </font>

MMGs SHOULD be able to deploy in buildings or rooftops. Depending on the unit's SOP, most gun teams carry their tripod & TO&E with them when on foot. Whether or not they can deploy indoors or on a roof depends on the height of the window/parapet.

We still need a command to force fire a particular weapons system. (Eg AT4 vs a BMP or another infantry unit).

As mentioned earlier, infantry should fire their weapons individually as they enter and clear a room. Also they should move through "the fatal funnel" faster. Those who are outside waiting to enter should be taking cover against the building wall.

Keep up the hard work Battlefront, it's an awesome game and I am enjoying it. Thanks for your time

MMGs SHOULD be able to deploy in buildings or rooftops. Depending on the unit's SOP, most gun teams carry their tripod & TO&E with them when on foot. Whether or not they can deploy indoors or on a roof depends on the height of the window/parapet.

We still need a command to force fire a particular weapons system. (Eg AT4 vs a BMP or another infantry unit).

As mentioned earlier, infantry should fire their weapons individually as they enter and clear a room. Also they should move through "the fatal funnel" faster. Those who are outside waiting to enter should be taking cover against the building wall.

Keep up the hard work Battlefront, it's an awesome game and I am enjoying it. Thanks for your time

MGs with tripods should deploy on roofs without a parapet, so if they can't that is in fact a bug.

They can not however, deploy inside or on roofs that do have a parapet. That would require hours of deliberate position preparation of knocking out knee-high firing ports in walls.

[ August 11, 2007, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: The Louch ]

MGs with tripods should deploy on roofs without a parapet, so if they can't that is in fact a bug.

They can not however, deploy inside or on roofs that do have a parapet. That would require hours of deliberate position preparation of knocking out knee-high firing ports in walls.

I had made a test scenario in version 1.01. I continued editing it in 1.02.

While trying to use M1132 Stryker Engineer Squad Vehicle I noticed many strange things while playing this scenario. Often it wouldn't execute commands like Target, Pop Smoke and many times not even Open Up. Sometimes when a crew member did pop up, he appeared from driver's place. Sometimes from the gunner's place.

I looked at the UI and tried to figure out what was wrong. Noticed that the vehicle had only one man crew - the driver. In manual p. 160 it shows that there should be a two man crew. Where's the gunner?

Edit: Same command problems and one man crew in M1126 ICV Stryker.

[ August 11, 2007, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: SlowMotion ]

While trying to use M1132 Stryker Engineer Squad Vehicle I noticed many strange things while playing this scenario. Often it wouldn't execute commands like Target, Pop Smoke and many times not even Open Up. Sometimes when a crew member did pop up, he appeared from driver's place. Sometimes from the gunner's place.

I looked at the UI and tried to figure out what was wrong. Noticed that the vehicle had only one man crew - the driver. In manual p. 160 it shows that there should be a two man crew. Where's the gunner?

Originally posted by metalbrew:

After the v1.02 patch:

US infantry won't fire AT4s at anything less than a tank. This includes manual target orders, they fire a lot of M203 at the IFV.

My guys engaged a BTR with AT4s. In fact they did so from about 200 meters against a moving BTR and hit 3 out of 3 times. They fired 2 after the vehicle was already in flames. Could have been luck but I was a little surprised at their accuracy.

After the v1.02 patch:

US infantry won't fire AT4s at anything less than a tank. This includes manual target orders, they fire a lot of M203 at the IFV.

My guys engaged a BTR with AT4s. In fact they did so from about 200 meters against a moving BTR and hit 3 out of 3 times. They fired 2 after the vehicle was already in flames. Could have been luck but I was a little surprised at their accuracy.

After the v1.02 patch:

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by drtechno:

I think you should be able to deploy [sFMGs] inside of houses. I mean, how many missions/games/movies have you seen where MG42s are deployed inside of houses, in towers, etc.

Um, missions/games/movies are not terribly good references, ya know?

You can use MGs indoors currently in the game, you just can't set them up on the tripods. Seems a reasonable limitation to me. </font>

I think you should be able to deploy [sFMGs] inside of houses. I mean, how many missions/games/movies have you seen where MG42s are deployed inside of houses, in towers, etc.

You can use MGs indoors currently in the game, you just can't set them up on the tripods. Seems a reasonable limitation to me. </font>