There just aren't enough polls, so... RT or WEGO, what do you play.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Real-Time: more flexible and you can respond to every "bad surprises" right on the spot.

In a perfect world, we would be able to replay the last 20-30 second of the RT.

God knows how I would like to watch my javelins strikes over and over...

Besides that, many times, when a focus on a particular squad on the map I heard a huge explosion in the background. Would be nice to replay those moment instead of screaming in front of my computer "What the f*ck just happen!"

Real Time.

Hummmm, actually, Real PAUSED A LOT Time.

I gave up WEGO watching my troops behaving like fools, so I decided to micromanage every team and vehicle. For those reasons I only play tiny and small battles so far.

And, yes, I miss too the possibility to review the action.

BOOM???

What the...??

:confused:

:D

When pathfinding and LOS are fixed I'll be back on the WEGO side again.

Hopefully.

Originally posted by thewood:

3 Useless answers

lol

---

RT. Mostly RT but I must say that sometimes I feel overwhelmed by it and a lot of troops are just there waiting in positions -well, pretty much like RL hehe-, against passive AI this is not a real problem but for H2H game...

Sometimes I play WeGo, much more relaxed game, but I prefer RT right now cause can fix on the spot the AI actions when they screw it. Also I enoy a lot being able to play a 1 hour game in 1 hour and not 3, like in WeGo.

P.S: when i do WeGo i find myself skipping almost all the time the review, as I use usually the turn resolution to see the action. would be nice to have an option to skip it automatcly or whatever.

I already cast my vote, but I have to get this off my chest.

The thing that kills RT for me is the way that reinforcements are handled. I've literally had reinforcement for the enemy just APPEAR right behind me and light up my tanks from behind.

While this can happen in WEGO too, at least you have a chance to notice the reinforcements have shown up and react, which does NOT happen in RT... The first warning you have is after the T-72s have sent SABOT round through your rear armor...

This is just gamey and kills RT for me...

wego. My PC is slow, and my brain is even slower. I'm not getting on at all well with the multi tab command structure, compounded by the cursor lag I am getting. One pop-up list when you right-click on a unit please, and unique letters for each command. You can ditch the tabbed thingy completely as far as I am concerned... But I'll get a more up-to-date PC to solve the other issues. I can't blame battlefront for them!

Tim

Surprisingly, RT. When I bought the game I thought to myself that I would never play RT but on Day 2, I gave it a try and I've been playing RT exclusively ever since.

Yeah, I pause a LOT in the first few minutes of a situation but once everything is up and running, I'm mostly just sitting watching the action with the occassional intervention. And it plays so FAST compared to WEGO.