When you mouse over your Engineer unit building fortifications I would like to see the remaining turns/days for completion. Display in the middle of the upper tool bar like, "Clear(114,11) 25 days remaining"

For Fall Weiss: Bombers start at 0 CTV for Naval Attack, Carrier Attack, and Sub Attack. By investing into Naval Warfare research(new category, there is a space) you can get their CTV levels up to 2 for NA, CA, and UA.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feature Request:

Allow AA units to fire on aircraft that pass over their range of fire.

Allow players to draw waypoints for fighter and bomber sorties to avoid flying over AA.

This would really make longer-range aircraft more valuable, as Allied bombers could take the long road to avoid flak batteries. This would also allow players to place AA guns along strategic paths, and not necessary right on or near a city/resource (Which already can be upgraded with AA).

I noticed that during sandstorms air units are grounded, as they should be. However sand effects all units, it gets into gears of mech units and the eyes and mouths of troops etc. I would like to see a penalty for movement and combat during a sandstorm. I would suggest something as simple as a reduction in readiness too something a bit more complex as the more you move the lower your readiness and a reduction in combat strength - both offense and defense.

Like SeaMonkey's idea on Engineers. Even if you can't put down how many "build" days are left, an end date would be good. I still don't understand why the german & italy engineers take twice as long to build as the Russian counterparts.

AA guns should get atleast 2 hits (defending.) Unlimited may make them too strong.

I don't think I would increase the penalties on Sandstorms. The Ap penalty is sufficient. You are already slowed down enought the way it is now, against an able defender...

Roads and Rail building with the supply model applied would also be nice ala foko's previous post.

You know I was kind of thinking about this, if you had a rail completed to a tile somewhere you would not be able to operate units to its end unless it culminated upon a city/fortress, village...right?

So you need to offer some finality...a disembarking...railyard.

Now who would build that railyard? ;)

The new feature would be to let fortifications built by engineers act as the disembarking station(supply 5/ 50% efficiency) for operated units.

If it gets bombed/partisan disruption...oh well :confused: ...it slowly recovers as the other game resources. Another use for AA units and upgrades. smile.gif

I love the new railroads in WaW. but a railyard ( no MPP value like the new towns ) would be great. say take 180 days to build). also being able to build railways would be an interestinnbg feature. again say 180 days per tile. Could be done by engineers not POWs (I'm thinking Burma)

I suppose if we want to go crazy how about a script " German engineers complete Eurotunnel and invade England"

Minty!:

...Original Quote By 'Minty!'.

I suppose if we want to go crazy how about a script " German engineers complete Eurotunnel and invade England"
Napoleone' Bonaparte already was envisaging such a plan, as well as he was thinking of using Flotilla's of Baloon's ferry troops over to England!.

Beside all the ideas listed above I'd like to see a readme file with all the little add ons that have been made listed in detail, I have the feeling that there is more than what came in the Expansion Notes.

Also if the game engine allows it I'd like to be able to save while doing a turn in pbem mode, some times I have to quit playing and can't finish the turn, the load counter would show a +1.

On this same issue to be able to replay your opponents turn at will would also be nice.

Sea Monkey, you're thinking Destination Tokyo where confusingly Cary Grant has the role of a maverick one of a kind US sub captain off the coast of Japan playing cat and mouse with the Japanese Navy, as opposed to Run Silent , Run Deep, where Cary Grant has the role of a maverick one of a kind US sub captain off the coast of Japan playing cat and mouse with the Japanese Navy.

as opposed to Run Silent , Run Deep, where Cary Grant has the role of a maverick one of a kind US sub captain
The film I have features Clark Gable in that role. smile.gif Try the book and its sequel Dust on the Sea. Beach was a real submariner and wrote a great story.