• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay; the A.I was so easy, that I knew a guy who played someone that knew this dude, that was in a coma for 6months and beat the A.I. within a day of waking up! redface.gif

or how about this one...

I knew some dude, who had a friend of a mate that had died, and he used a Ouija board to get his moves from him to play against the A.I. and even the dead guy kicked the A.I.'s butt! :D

(really is all this chest thumping, psych-out foreplay necessary before the game arrives?)

...and for the record...

I kick arse on this game after 10 beers!!! :cool:

Originally posted by Agent Smith:

Okay; the A.I was so easy, that I knew a guy who played someone that knew this dude, that was in a coma for 6months and beat the A.I. within a day of waking up! redface.gif

or how about this one...

I knew some dude, who had a friend of a mate that had died, and he used a Ouija board to get his moves from him to play against the A.I. and even the dead guy kicked the A.I.'s butt! :D

(really is all this chest thumping, psych-out foreplay necessary before the game arrives?)

...and for the record...

I kick arse on this game after 10 beers!!! :cool:

I wasn't kidding, just 10 beers? I beat You on 40 beers tongue.gif with 1 eyelid 1/5th open tongue.gif

I don´t know, I don´t hope that SC2 will be rushed released... Am I correct that until now not even all features are implemented for example the AI? What about playtesting / balancing / bughunting then?

Is there any commitment to support the game afterwards for along time aka SC1???

There is definitely a commitment to support the game after release. Playtesting is continuing, with all gameplay features implemented. The AI is a work in progress.

Play balancing will continue after release. Playtesting is finding some issues and Hubert is making adjustments accordingly, but we're not likely to discover every weakness in the game that some intrepid player might exploit with his special strategy. We intend to give Rambo and Terif a chance to find... something. ;)

Originally posted by hellraiser:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Liam:

;) You guys should put this puppy for Download. The Write Protection is I know the worry most have. It's so easy to copy a file over and over and send it to all your pals. There are ways to secure it...

no, there are actually no ways to secure it ;)

It doesn't even matter if you allow the download or issue the CD/DVD. What can be done, can be undone.

The problem is, pay the man for his work and allow him to work on another cool thing. He has to eat, drink, to have a house, a BMW or whatever makes him happy - he's happy, he'll work for SC3 and we'll spend countless hours in off or online quality entertainment.

Simple as that. </font>

I agree with Martin. Hubert will buy a 1993 Mazda 323 with 280,000km on it and drive it into the ground. Literally. Sorry, didn't mean to add to the "what car will Hubert buy" thread.. I just don't see him being in this for the money, which is why it will be the only piece of licensed software on my PC. Respect.

This is one case where I don't mind waiting. That's because I trust Hubert to release it when he feels it is ready, not just getting it out the door. Meeting some arbatrary deadline means little to me if the product is not finished.

Some companies seem to think that expecting me to DL patches to correct problems is standard procedure. Those companies will usually lose any repeat business from me. Getting it right (or at least very, very close to it) at the initial release is one reason BFC can count on my continued patronage.

Gentlemen,

Being the first of the month and considering some of the content in recent threads I felt it was only appropriate to post some further info on SC2 development status.

As you know our goal was to have this game finished by the end of this year and while I have been working away feverishly, double time in the last six months, unfortunately at this point it looks like we will be holding off release a little while longer.

While it would have been great to get this game in everyone's hands for Christmas we wanted to first and foremost make sure we delivered a final product that was properly finished and not, as RLEETE has pointed out, arbitrarily tied into the up coming sales season.

The good news is that the game is VERY close. Beta testing reports that the game plays very well and that the balancing is just about right. There has also been a lot of positive feedback on the new features such as Weather, Production Delay, Diplomacy, and the expanded Atlantic and not to mention the flexibility of the Editor.

While we’ll all have to wait a bit longer, myself included, before the game is wrapped up I do hope you will find any necessary delays worth it as I think the game will offer much more depth and flexibility than anything else similar.

Sincerely,

Hubert

Hubert,

I'm sure the overwhelming majority of us agree 100% with your decision.

After personally seeing so many instances where the quick buck was the prime motivation, it's great to see one where integrity and quality of product is the only standard.

Hat's off to you, Mr C. smile.gif