good change now

[ May 31, 2002, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

Not bad, kinda like the old "pinks and greens".

Any way to tie the colors to the current emotional state of the moderator, sort of a big forum color mood ring?

Madmatt? The friggin place would be ALL BLACK ALL THE TIME. Neat concept for a radio station, crappy idea for a forum.

I liked the black text with the lighter background. It is much easier to read now - white or black text is fine but I think it will bring uniformity to the layout if the text is black. Conforming to what was your original vision for the bbs - better. I will add that my eyes started hurting after reading for just a few min in the original layout.

Originally posted by Lawyer:

White print is very, very painful. Dark print on lighter backgrounds would be very welcome.

I agree... Don't like the white text. Still a great forum...

I sympathize with you guys who find the white text literally painful. When I first got a look at the new colors and text, I seriously began to develop a headache. BUT... there is a solution! smile.gif

It's a lot like snowblindness. Set your accessibility options to ignore web page colors like some good soul mentioned previously. Just switch back and forth every so often to adjust. Worked like a charm for me. I have no problems viewing it now, white text and all.

Well, I've looked at this on two different monitors now and it looks even better on the 900NF at home. I think some of the people that are complaining might want to turn down the brightness or contrast. Or increase the refresh rate. I think it looks awesome.

[ May 31, 2002, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: StellarRat ]

черный!

черный!

черный!

черный!

черный!

черный!

черный!

черный!

That means black in russian 8 times (choose correct encoding=>Win1251).

Do I have to speak my other language to get the text to be black?

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Hold on to your panties, I think I got a solution which will make everyone happy, well okay, most people... ;)

Madmatt

Thanks Matt

I have now joined the "change your browser" and override the intended colors crowd.

This is easy to do in Internet Explorer and you can define your own colour background and specify your text color to black.

If you are on a Mac in IE go to Preferences under the edit menu.

Under "web Browser"

in "Web content"

Select a nutral background color and black text.

THEN

make sure "Allow page to specify colors"

AND Viola

Black Text on a grey backgroud AND you can now see the threads you have read and not read.

-tom w

I already made the change to the visited link tag (why all read and unread topics looked the same). I am also using a new style sheet which will make URLs always bold (easier to read) and also turn white and be underlined. I think I may switch back to a black text font color and use a light green background color. I am testing it now in the beta forums and it looks good. I will let you know if I make the change but like those that didn't like the earlier colors to check them out sans browser overrides.

Sorry to be on edge last night (well, more so than normal) but if you guys know how much time and effort has gone into this new site you would understand a little better.

Okay, let me see what I can do. If its any consolation, there are people within Battlefront that are just as back and forth about these color changes as you guys.

Madmatt

[ May 31, 2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

I think I may switch back to a black text font color and use a light green background color.

That might help. BTW, Matt, I only got on the board and saw the new colors just now, so I missed the earlier versons. In general, I like the new look a lot smile.gif , but agree that black print on light background is really the only way to go if you are going to spend more than five seconds at a time looking at it. That's not solely a matter of opinion, it's something that has been tested fairly thoroughly over a broad spectrum of the populace.

Michael

Okay, I left the Forum Catagory (intro) page in the old style (black background) and made this forum in the new...Comments?

Well, the black text on a lighter background helps a lot. But I think the black background (framing) looked really sharp and if it were up to me I'd retain it. The current layout with everything in sort of medium saturation density doesn't have the same snap.

JMO,

Michael