Oh brave new world, that has such a Peng Challenge in't

Hello, all, I'm back.

I took several days vacation from...well, everything. Not the Cesspool, so much, nor even the Outerboards, nor the Game itself, but the World. So no one got turns, there has been no posting, and I left the Outerboards in a sad state where I'd irritated any number of people and called several very unkind names, and never went back to apologize in case anyone cried.

Which is unlikely, even on the Outerboards. The Forum members are fairly tough, if occasionally almost magically half-witted.

Happy Birthday indeed, Geier! I hope you celebrated it in proper Old Firm style. Send whatever. I've never played an Operation as I'm told they're more difficult, and complicated, and we know that my talents are limited and of a very narrow focus.

Now, I've gotten caught up on the Thread. There were some parts there for quite a while that seemed to be about baking. At least, I'm pretty sure that there was a very long stretch there that was about baking. If it was not about baking, I never, ever want to know what it was about.

I will shortly regale all of you poor lambs with even further thoughts, as well as actually returning turns, once I leave downtown Minneapolis and make my way back to my abode.

Wait for it! You have all been much in my thoughts.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

I sense a disturbance in the force.

you spelled farce wrong.

Hey Lardo - when're you going on that trip? I'd hate to miss the good time that'll be had around here without you!

[ November 20, 2002, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Mike ]

Foul Joe is secretly a 733t 4a><><0r d00d! How else did he manage to convert the major VL to his control by placeing a bazooka and a half strength platoon with one squad routing thirty meters from the flag while I had a full strength, veteran Fallschirmjager platoon sitting RIGHT ON TOP OF THE BLOODY THING?! The bastiche will pay in der Rus, oh yes, he will pay.

In happier news, I AM FREE!!!! Owing to his tactical ineptitude, Boo has LOST our match for squireship of young Nidan1, 92-8. He managed to lose FORTY-NINE vehicles while only managing to get, well, ZERO of mine. Therefore, pursuant to the terms of the contest, he is STUCK with young Nidan1.

Ahh, the sweet, sweet smell of victory.

Finally, Lurkur has returned and demands a match. Take a number at the end fo the line, sonny -- you disappear, you lose your place.

Steve

Originally posted by dalem:

Hm. Somebody in this picture makes me feel all funny inside.

Inside?? Inside what one wonders!

Two thinks that it's probably buttered chicken marinated in fox urine, while III doesn't really care one way or another.

where's that setup Lardo?? You're slower than Bambi chasing butterflies!

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Foul Joe is secretly a 733t 4a><><0r d00d! How else did he manage to convert the major VL to his control by placeing a bazooka and a half strength platoon with one squad routing thirty meters from the flag while I had a full strength, veteran Fallschirmjager platoon sitting RIGHT ON TOP OF THE BLOODY THING?! The bastiche will pay in der Rus, oh yes, he will pay. ...

Steve

You can't NEGOTIATE or LITIGATE your way out of this one boyo. I had the other VL dead to rights and I'd lost NONE of my vehicles and few of my troops whereas (like the legal word there?) you'd lost masses of FALLIN'SCHEAMERS or whatever they're called. The best you could have hoped for was to get a neutral VL and I'd have won because that's what was RIGHT!

Bring on your Eastern Front scenario, I ain't a'sceered o' you.

Joe

Originally posted by OGSF:

As tha' a wee dag, ye go' there Seanachai? As tha wee lassie aware o' ye lack o' skill wi' tha TP?

Oi, you useless, language buggering bastard. You feckless, lackwitted bugger who hasn't taken the time to 'chew and swallow' his wee spaniel fast enough to get a clear sentence out in the last fourteen months, and don't think that your name hasn't been sent on to the ASPCA, you pictish pillock.

You 'cow-skin pattern' kilt wearing piece o' opprobious Scottish offal. You wee willy winky 'look, if I hold my thumb along side it, and superimpose both of 'em against Mount Kilimanjaro, it looks bigger, don't it?' dagger-bereft-of-brandishing, slightly groggy guttural spitting git, I'll do you for the next time you decide to rise up on all four of your wee hooves and give me any trouble, eh?

I'd gladly take a setup from you right now, but I've still got to show the Justicar to his place in History (Joe, Passant et Supine, Seanachai, Rampant), and that other idjit...

Bugger, never mind, there aren't any other more pressing idjits. It's just you and the bloody Justicar.

Could I see your dance-card, you 'Ah Had to Reach Roight Up, and Depack Me Wee Spaniel By Hand, Do Ya' See, Cause the Bloody Wee Blodjit Was Nae Able to Eliminate Wi'oot Help'?

May I wade and ungrace this pool to offer a "Paypal debacle" to a possible helpful candidate, which will be thanked with wine in kind - see thread here: http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=003586

Sincerely,

Outerboarder Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

</font>

• Sponsor of the (infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honour of Nabla </font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/~)</font>

Originally posted by WineCape:

May I wade and ungrace this pool to offer a "Paypal debacle" to a possible helpful candidate, which will be thanked with wine in kind - see thread here: http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=003586

Sincerely,

Outerboarder Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

</font>

• Sponsor of the (infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honour of Nabla </font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/~)</font>

I swear by everything that's holy, and it's quite a lot, when you get right down to considering all the world's religions, that I posted an enlightened plea to acknowledge and help the weird South African dude.

He's always spoken well of us.

Well, in so far as one actually can speak well of us.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I swear by everything that's holy, and it's quite a lot, when you get right down to considering all the world's religions, that I posted an enlightened plea to acknowledge and help the weird South African dude.

Too bad I cancelled my Paypal account. I always prefer payment in wine or spirits...

Originally posted by Malakovski:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Too bad I cancelled my Paypal account. I always prefer payment in wine or spirits...</font>

Nothing important, of course, but when the Choir Celeste does even a Noon concert of 'The Fox Went Out On a Chilly Night' it tends to loom large in the annals of Combat Mission, especially when weighed against the lackwitted maunderings of Malakovski, who is still attempting, in a yapping, small dog way, to find his path to abusing his Sponsor.

Actually, longwinded leige, that was just a comment about the poor South African chap and his shipping problem.

And you won't be defeating anybody without cutting the blather a bit and sending a turn.

Originally posted by Malakovski:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Nothing important, of course, but when the Choir Celeste does even a Noon concert of 'The Fox Went Out On a Chilly Night' it tends to loom large in the annals of Combat Mission, especially when weighed against the lackwitted maunderings of Malakovski, who is still attempting, in a yapping, small dog way, to find his path to abusing his Sponsor.

Actually, longwinded leige, that was just a comment about the poor South African chap and his shipping problem.

And you won't be defeating anybody without cutting the blather a bit and sending a turn.</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OGSF:

As tha' a wee dag, ye go' there Seanachai? As tha wee lassie aware o' ye lack o' skill wi' tha TP?

Oi, you useless, language buggering bastard. You feckless, lackwitted bugger who hasn't taken the time to 'chew and swallow' his wee spaniel fast enough to get a clear sentence out in the last fourteen months, and don't think that your name hasn't been sent on to the ASPCA, you pictish pillock.

You 'cow-skin pattern' kilt wearing piece o' opprobious Scottish offal. You wee willy winky 'look, if I hold my thumb along side it, and superimpose both of 'em against Mount Kilimanjaro, it looks bigger, don't it?' dagger-bereft-of-brandishing, slightly groggy guttural spitting git, I'll do you for the next time you decide to rise up on all four of your wee hooves and give me any trouble, eh?

I'd gladly take a setup from you right now, but I've still got to show the Justicar to his place in History (Joe, Passant et Supine, Seanachai, Rampant), and that other idjit...

Bugger, never mind, there aren't any other more pressing idjits. It's just you and the bloody Justicar.

Could I see your dance-card, you 'Ah Had to Reach Roight Up, and Depack Me Wee Spaniel By Hand, Do Ya' See, Cause the Bloody Wee Blodjit Was Nae Able to Eliminate Wi'oot Help'?</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Persephone:

[qb]The Cess-Avengers

Avengers.jpg

Starring: Seanasteed and Fair Emma Peel

Hm. Somebody in this picture makes me feel all funny inside.</font>