Does your Peng Challenge Thread Tire Too Easily?

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

<font size=-1>Am i the only one here who thinks it's strange that "The Count" from Sesemea Street seems to have trouble speaking fluent english, yet is flawless in speaking english numbers, and shows signs that there is no celing to how high he can count, in english?

</font>

Probably an idiot savant. That's like being AussieJeff, but with at least one useful skill.</font>

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by AussieJeff:

"Joe you pillock! What the HELL are you blaming Eevil Berli<SUPtm</SUP> for in his marvellous scenario "Lonely Country"? How DARE you question his design skills or sense of fair play! Why, this is OUTRAGEOUS!

Let me see if I get this right... Joe is blaming the scenario because he is losing as the Soviets in Lonely Country? Now I realise it isn't like any of those Ker Dessel scenarios (one side gets a howitzer, the other gets a large fish in a very small barrel), but even Joe isn't such a tactical boob to lose with 5 to 1 odds AND a covered approach to the flank... is he?

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AussieJeff:

"Joe you pillock! What the HELL are you blaming Eevil Berli<SUPtm</SUP> for in his marvellous scenario "Lonely Country"? How DARE you question his design skills or sense of fair play! Why, this is OUTRAGEOUS!

Let me see if I get this right... Joe is blaming the scenario because he is losing as the Soviets in Lonely Country? Now I realise it isn't like any of those Ker Dessel scenarios (one side gets a howitzer, the other gets a large fish in a very small barrel), but even Joe isn't such a tactical boob to lose with 5 to 1 odds AND a covered approach to the flank... is he?</font>

Don't you love watching Joe and Berli interact?

It's like twisted siblings who've always despised each other and have plotted all their lives to do away with the other, yet they still maintain this stiff, smiling 'we'll always yet hug at the holidays' style of speaking to each other.

I'm almost sure that should inspire some kind of jolly singsong.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AussieJeff:

Let me see if I get this right... Joe is blaming the scenario because he is losing as the Soviets in Lonely Country? Now I realise it isn't like any of those Ker Dessel scenarios (one side gets a howitzer, the other gets a large fish in a very small barrel), but even Joe isn't such a tactical boob to lose with 5 to 1 odds AND a covered approach to the flank... is he?</font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Don't you love watching Joe and Berli interact?

It's like twisted siblings who've always despised each other and have plotted all their lives to do away with the other, yet they still maintain this stiff, smiling 'we'll always yet hug at the holidays' style of speaking to each other.

I'm almost sure that should inspire some kind of jolly singsong.

Don't try to run away

'cause i understand what you're feeling...

Don't try to run away

'cause i understand the pain that is tearing you apart...

Just stay here with me...

and so you will seeeeee-e-e

That your T-34 are belong to me

and Arbeit Macht Frei...

Joe your hurt,

feelin like a Yak in the sky...

Flying like a wounded dove,

Coming into ambush range

Joe your hurt,

feelin like a Yak in the sky...

Flying like a wounded dove,

Coming into ambush range

Not so jolly, and it goes best with Ian Van Dahl in the background...

Oh dear, and it even says "OI!". I wasn't aware that rugby hooligans knew how to operate computers.
Rugby > that ****e game wot you pansy poms play, "omigod my leg is broke - can i have a penalty pleeeeeze??"

I do believe pommy soccer selectors are looking for acting talent rather than kick-the-bloody-ball skill - seems to work better.

Laddy, if you want E-Mails, hit the "'N SYNCH"

chatroom, or better yet go on a walkabout and don't come back!!

How bout no. Heres why. Scenario #1

*BulletRat enters chatroom

<BulletRat> anyone for a game of CMBO then?

*crickets chirp as 4 hours pass by*

<BulletRat> anyone?

*BulletRat has quit IRC

Scenario #2

[17:09] <BulletRat> anyone up for CMBO?

[17:10] <DeadMeat> nope sorry

[17:18] *** DeadMeat has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[17:30] *** yunfat has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[17:41] *** wwb has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[17:51] *** otis has joined #Lobby

[17:51] <otis> Iknow its late but anyone up?

[17:53] *** otis has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[18:08] *** Guest97267 has joined #Lobby

[18:08] *** Guest97267 has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[18:23] *** Guest45928 has joined #Lobby

[18:24] *** Guest45928 is now known as jlc

[18:24] *** jlc has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[18:25] *** Guest95950 has joined #Lobby

[18:26] *** Guest95950 is now known as dimitri

[18:26] <dimitri> hello

[18:27] <BulletRat> gday

[18:27] <dimitri> interested for a cmmbb qb?

[18:27] <BulletRat> if i had cmbb i would :]

[18:28] <dimitri> oh:)

[18:30] *** dimitri has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

and walkabout is for the black fellas

Originally posted by BulletRat:

and walkabout is for the black fellas

Well, I don't know about that, actually.

We're all on 'walkabout' here.

Except for the Olde Ones. We just sit in the Wasteland and wait to see what comes up.

You're not looking extremely promising, just yet. Too urban, perhaps.

Where's Goanna? Might need the Eldest Australian in on this one.

Stuka, Macey, stand by, eh? We might need translators. Or someone who can administer a proper ase-kicking.

'Struth, but it's been a long bloody while since I did a proper, Gnomish update.

So, on that note, I shall comment on the bevy of lackwits who I returned turns to tonight.

On a map you could boot a hamster across like a hacky-sack, Hiram has spent 7 of the game's 15 turns barely advancing a couple of units 20 meters and knocking down the only church. It's hard to tell if this is the most passive-aggressive 'Attack' in human history, or someone working out a spiritual crisis of faith.

My troops were advancing against Moriarity, but then stopped to watch him shell a lake into submission. He's done a bloody good job of it, too, and the fish-kill has been spectacular. This is the first game of any flavour of Combat Mission in which I've seen an opponent attempt to win by killing off the tourist trade.

My game against Pondscum is starting to resemble a contest waged against the 'Lucky Charms' leprechaun suffering through a severe bout of 'Bipolar Disorder'. First he kills everything in sight, then he explodes in all directions. Finally, he's allowed himself to be set on fire, and is currently chanting 'I'm a Phoenix, a Phoenix! Stroke my feathers, stroke them!' In other words, he's as daft as a very daft English thing.

Malakovski will die. In the rain.

I had grown somewhat concerned about how unremittingly polite Abbot is, until I received the email from his...er, that is, his 'counselor'. It's just as well for all concerned that Abbot be allowed to be 'polite'. It suits him. Really, it just does.

Boo Radley remains Ohioan. He's chortling and taking potshots at my steadily advancing troops. He doesn't seem to have anymore plan of battle than you'd expect from someone who's been breathing industrial fumes all his life, and wishing he'd been there to watch the Cuyahoga river burst into flames. Burn on, Boo Radley, burn on.

Semper Fi, Berli. I plan to visit each and every spot where one of your T-34s died, drink a shot of Lagavulin, sing a few bars of "I've Been a Wild Rover", and finish up by pissing on the flaming mound of your last AFV. It's been fun, hasn't it? I'll be writing my travel guide for Frommers: Budapest on Three T-34s a Turn.

Guest PondScum

It's 10:56pm. Do you know where your liquor is?

I know damn well where MINE is. Sitting here in front of me, along with an unfinished report and a distinct LACK OF TURNS in my inbox. I can barely expect another one from Seanachai: given that he's managed to both process one AND write about it in the same day, the poor little gnome is probably spent. So where are the rest of you ingrates, eh? Come, up-end the glass, vent some bile in a turn, and save me from this damn report.

AHA! Now I know why Mace sent me that file a while ago...

I know that sounds like I just ignored it, but I live in a world where strange people, some almost as strange as Mace randomly send me strange things for no reason at all. I usually shrug, and put it in the 'strange things' file.

I will pull it out tonight, do what is needful, and send it on.

Seanachai, my dear collegue.

I haven't sent you anything since our very first waltz with CMBO, have I?

Mace

Originally posted by BulletRat:

[17:09] <BulletRat> anyone up for CMBO?

[17:10] <DeadMeat> nope sorry

[17:18] *** DeadMeat has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[17:30] *** yunfat has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[17:41] *** wwb has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[17:51] *** otis has joined #Lobby

[17:51] <otis> Iknow its late but anyone up?

[17:53] *** otis has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[18:08] *** Guest97267 has joined #Lobby

[18:08] *** Guest97267 has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[18:23] *** Guest45928 has joined #Lobby

[18:24] *** Guest45928 is now known as jlc

[18:24] *** jlc has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

[18:25] *** Guest95950 has joined #Lobby

[18:26] *** Guest95950 is now known as dimitri

[18:26] <dimitri> hello

[18:27] <BulletRat> gday

[18:27] <dimitri> interested for a cmmbb qb?

[18:27] <BulletRat> if i had cmbb i would :]

[18:28] <dimitri> oh:)

[18:30] *** dimitri has quit IRC (QUIT: User exited)

Crikey. I haven't seen anyone clear Mattchat like that since me.

You can tell this guy is Melbournian, Berli curse his little soul.

Mace

[ November 14, 2002, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

I've come to speak to you tonight about one of the Greatest Heroes of the Millenial Cusp.

No, I'm not speaking about any Politician, any General, nor even any Criminal Able to Cover Up His Crime By Political Fiat.

No, I'm here to talk to you about Commander Vimes.

As we stand ready, here in America, and on the brink of going to war, I think every American should read the book "Jingo". And I think they should absorb the wisdom of Commander Vimes, who decided that even Nations should be held accountable for 'criminal behaviour'. Even when they try to pass it off as 'Real Politik'.

Geier, me lad, front and center:

Send me a setup. The ethics and morality of the Old Firm are like a breath of fresh air compared to the posturing idiocy and self-righteous hypocricy we're on the brink of being subjected to here on the cusp between the Century of the Fruitbat, and the Century of the Liver Fluke.

Oh, wait. There are forms to be observed. No vitriol has been actually 'splashed' all over my opponent.

Deary, deary me.

This is where so many get it 'wrong'. Where they go astray. Where so many merely 'fall short'. The Challenge, you see, is so often perceived as mere 'abuse'. Hatred. Venom and stupidity.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course. But for myself...

There is so much more to those who I name 'enemy' than anything so simple and pointless as 'hatred'.

Ah, and here we address the simple 'romantiscism' of Panzer Leader, who would posture endlessly before us, declaiming about 'love' and 'beauty' and, in his own mind, 'truth'.

"Camille"? How wrapped up he's become in his fascination with 'romance'. He's pushed past the 'Musketeers' saga as though it were so much flotsam on his way to another more modern and comprehensible story of 'self-empowerment'.

He would dismiss the very real dislike, but salute to honour, that the Musketeers felt and displayed for the Cardinal's Guard. He would dismiss their very real if apparently insane willingness to fight against one another in order to maintain their sense of self, and their place in their own esteem. Indeed, their own esteem for each other!

For who would actually choose battle, and render a worthy taunt, against someone who was totally despicable?

The Peng Challenge is not about rodent and vermin control, except as regards pointless SSNs who will never, ever belong.

No. I may flourish, and belittle, and abuse my opponents. I may mock and taunt them. I may sometimes become quite ironical and even satirical with them.

But I would not offer the Peng Challenge to someone for whom I had no respect whatsoever. And I will forever offer at least the proper respect of Challenge for those I choose to game against.

Let us not stray too far in our rhetoric, lest we become prisoners of our own hyperbole.

Geier, amoral, emminent, and undefeated by myself Swede that you are. Care to tread a measure against myself once again?

I've learned much since my last humbling.

Dare I say: enough to give your superiority the lie, and to put your neck under my heel?

Send me a setup, that I may prove that the Mermaids sing for me, but not for thee.

Wotcha, Geier! Send us a setup. I can't be having with all this abuse and no achievements, eh?

[ November 14, 2002, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Guest PondScum

<font size=-1>I can't be having with all this abuse and no achievements, eh?</font>

Ah. I take it my postcard arrived then. Excellent.

In the meantime, the liquor is gone, the report is done, and still no turns from you useless bastages. I'll have you for that.

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

<font size=-1>I can't be having with all this abuse and no achievements, eh?</font>

Ah. I take it my postcard arrived then. Excellent.

In the meantime, the liquor is gone, the report is done, and still no turns from you useless bastages. I'll have you for that.</font>

Does your Peng Challenge Thread Tire Too Easily? Do you see spots when you try to post? Feel dizzy or have ringing in your ears? Nose running or excessive drooling whenever you read one of AJ's posts?

Then you may be suffering from Pengeningitis . Please send for free information at Pengcure@freemeds.com or call 1-800 555- Peng for your free sample of Pengmeds .

Remember, you to can say NO to AJ's posts!