Does your Peng Challenge Thread Tire Too Easily?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

I'm not sure if it's legal in Minnesota to hunt one's cousins. W.Va, sure, but it may be frowned on in Minnesota.

An Ohioan is just a West Virginian who can't remember where he left his filthy bill cap...

Oh, and forgot to add:

But doesn't panic about the fact and can continue to function until he finds it.</font>

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

o preference ... well, I take that back. Nothing by Berli or AussieJeff, the two are pretty much interchangeable in my view.

Joe

Well, I'm not mentally damaged enough to actually play anything by AussieJeff. Berli's seem alright, except that so much of the landscape seems to be on fire...

Did you ever play that one in CMBO, I think he might have done it in collaboration with Rune, which featured Mace's sheep ranch, and the St. Berli church? You were fighting for a pair of bridges over a river. Very nice map.

In any case, has anyone else noticed that AussieJeff seems to be vying with Panzer Leader to wrest from him the title of 'most annoying idjit', lately? The whole 'cricket' thing was particularly gratuitous. PL's stock is actually rising by comparison. I might even give him a biscuit and a pat on the head.

I will slap together some QB atrocity tonight, Old Foul Joe. Scenarios are so 'previous game version', and third party builds take so long. I suppose I could take that map I made for Agua and PL and we could just use the editor to populate it with troops. I'll check into it when I get home.

[ November 13, 2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by Seanachai: Well, I'm not mentally damaged enough to actually play anything by AussieJeff. Berli's seem alright, except that so much of the landscape seems to be on fire...
I'd have thought that too, but I'm playing AussieJeff in a scenario BY Berli and it's obvious to me that the two are in collus ... coluzian ... col ... cahoots together.

Did you ever play that one in CMBO, I think he might have done it in collaboration with Rune, which featured Mace's sheep ranch, and the St. Berli church? You were fighting for a pair of bridges over a river. Very nice map.
MiGAWD ... a cooperative venture by Berli AND Rune? Sounds like a recipe for brain damage if you ask me.

In any case, has anyone else noticed that AussieJeff seems to be vying with Panzer Leader to wrest from him the title of 'most annoying idjit', lately? The whole 'cricket' thing was particularly gratuitous. PL's stock is actually rising by comparison. I might even give him a biscuit and a pat on the head.
I know exactly what you mean. Perhaps my view is somewhat tainted (can be VIEW be TAINTED then ... TINTED perhaps?) by the fact that I've battled Panzer Leader to a draw and am in the process of losing badly to AussieJeff after two whole turns. Of course it's that Berli scenario so it basically depends upon who picks which side ... hmmmm, AussieJeff chose the sides in this one.

I will slap together some QB atrocity tonight, Old Foul Joe. Scenarios are so 'previous game version', and third party builds take so long. I suppose I could take that map I made for Agua and PL and we could just use the editor to populate it with troops. I'll check into it when I get home.
Excellent, I know I can count on your fair and honest nature to produce a REASONABLE scenario that will afford a balanced chance of success for each of us ... unless I lose in which case it will just another example of the game's bias toward Minnesota ... and Australia.

Joe

[ November 13, 2002, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

I'm still trying to figure out how to thread tires. And another thing...!

Oh, never mind. I feel like a Yeknodathon today. Bother.

By the way, Seanachai, I still scorn you for your belittling and then sidestepping the whole Camille issue. For what is life without Truth! Beauty! Love, and above alll Love.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

By the way, Seanachai, I still scorn you for your belittling and then sidestepping the whole Camille issue. For what is life without Truth! Beauty! Love, and above alll Love.

It is difficult for me to respond at length here at work, as they keep requiring me to do things (not very significant or time-consuming, but it does tend to limit my responses to a few sentences).

I imagine I will respond to you at greater length when I can get home, put on some rousing Scottish music, and really put some thought into it.

I've started to notice a pattern in your approach to questions of life and literature, though. I'll bet when you've seen Cyrano performed, you've sat there with lip aquiver and a sob clutching at your throat, totatlly focused on the by-play of tragedy and romance revolving around his love for Roxanne, haven't you, and the heroic, 'standing alone against the world' aspects of it slide right by you, don't they?

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Does this Nidan thing belong to anyone?

sigh...

He belongs to MrSpkr at the moment, but he and I are fighting a battle for the squire right now.

The reason for which has eluded me.</font>

Originally posted by Lars:

I shall put you on the short list with Mike.

What list? Of people who haven't gotten so sick of beating you that they're still willing to play a game or 2 against you?

Aren't those 4 days up yet? Why are you still here? Where's my setup you bladder-challenged hound bait?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Does this Nidan thing belong to anyone?

sigh...

He belongs to MrSpkr at the moment, but he and I are fighting a battle for the squire right now.

The reason for which has eluded me.</font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

MrSpkr in his infinite wisdom, (something I NEVER thought I'd hear myself say) has decreed that the loser gets to keep Nidan. Let me tell you, a threat like that can really light a fire under you.

Damn, that's worse than a Blood Hamster match, at least with the Blood Hamster match the humiliation will eventually go away ... I don't think Nidan1 (spelt but not bolded) will EVER go away.

Joe

[ November 13, 2002, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

I don't think Nidan1 (spelt but not bolded) will EVER go away.

Joe

Unfortunatly, the same could be said for most of the band of dolts that has been around these parts lately. Personally, I blame you and your lack of dicipline. What the heck good is a Justacar if he won't get out and do a little Justacarring. Time for you to get going with some trials (you know, try them a little before you convict them). Better yet, how about appling some 2X4 justice to the assembled idiots.

A visit by Foreign Commissar Vyacheslav M. Molotov to Berlin on Nov. 12-13, 1940, produced the first overt signs of a rift between Germany and the USSR."

I wonder if this guy invented the Molotov Cocktail?

hahahaha...ha...ha...heh...whew...

Curse you Joe, you made me look.

And all you uberFinns shut up, I know already.