Citadel : Bogging in steppe ?

I've had tanks immobilize in steppe, but the rocky area is a bitch. It doesn't stand out as well as the rough terrain did in CMBO and tanks seem to have a lot of trouble with it. In CMBO tanks couldn't enter rough terrain but they can enter rocky terrain in CMBB. I guess the solution is to avoid rocky terrain as best you can.

possible Spoiler Alert!!!

Possibly immobilised by a hidden ruskie tank hunter mob near trees?

When ever i've played both sides they seem to, at a minimum, stop a tank without destroying it. But then they would've revealed themselves ?!?

Could be the game engine with a possibility of breakdown/shed track... who knows! Steve

Immobilizations and other "bogging", DEFINITELY in steppe - first half of map, far out of range of any tank hunters in trees. I'd say that it could possibly be the AT rifles, but I wouldn't *think* there would be an indication of "bogging" first (though, I suppose that could be an artifact of the new XFOW).

[edited to provide capitalization]

[ September 02, 2002, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Agua ]

I bogged a Mk III in the "old" river (veiled speech to avoid spoiler) but was able to reverse out, skirt the rocky area and continue on.

Given that the vehicle self recovered I'm assuming it bogged / threw a track rather than suffered an mobility kill from an outside agency.

My PzIII was immobilzed on turn 2, in steppe terrain, no weapon fire possible. I had to play this turn twice, due to my PC crashing :( and once it recovered (without reversing, reversing to increase the chance of unbogging is a myth as far as I know), once it did not. If so many people have seen tanks bog down in this scenario, it might be a, eh, feature? On the other hand, if there's a 0.00001% chance of bogging in dry steppe and 10.000 people played this scenario 10 times with 15 tanks each, then, eh...

Hmmm... Don't know. It pissed me off.

P.S. The greatest game there is, anyway. I usually don't spend money on computer games, but BTS truly deserves it.

[ September 02, 2002, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Zarquon ]

Originally posted by PaleRider:

I had one of my PzIII's bog during a turn in this scenario, but the tank freed itself in the next one and made it back into the action. smile.gif

It's been a while since I played CMBO, but I seem to recall bogging ending any more movement for the vehicle in that game.

Played that scen. twice and had no boggins at all.

Re: CMBO and bogging, the vehicle can definitely unbog. If it does not, however, then it becomes immobilized.

spoiler

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--

-

-

-

I played Zittadel and my KV platoon leader backed down and was on his way back up the same incline from the initial scenario placement when it bogged. It did recover next turn just in time to get killed. I was a little surprised that it bogged, but figured anything can happen.

I'd guess it's a very low chance of it happening, and there have been a LOT of people playing this game. I wouldn't worry about it until there are LOTS of people complaining about it.

Did I say I love this game?

Yep....lost a PzIIIm on the second turn due to bogging. It was the command tank on the right flank. It still sits 325 metres from the trees after passing turn #25 now.

I just chalked it up to a thrown track, transmission troubles or some other reason that just plain happened to combat vehicles of the era.

It's covering the rear pretty good....