CMBB MOD Catalogue Completed --> Open for Business

The CMBB MOD Catalogue is now open and posted for your use. No more floating CMBB army lists, go to the catalogue main page and save the link!

catalog_ex_2.jpg

You will also find the newly completed Terrain Page and the Odds & Ends Page.

CMBB MOD Catalogue

Find any mods missing, let me know. I ask that the MOD be hosted somewhere, not some file link at some temporary location. Hosting at a site is no guarentee of long term survival, but non-hosted file links are very volatile. If not hosted, it won't be posted.

Use the dates column to find out if any MODS are in a category. If no mods, no date. If date, look for any later than your last visit.

With that, I'm outa here. Tatti ta.

[ October 13, 2002, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: kump ]

This is a very nice and obviously quite useful. One improvement I might suggest is that there be some designation for "mods inside" if you will on the first screen, if for instance, German Vehicles had a collumn perhaps showing how many mods were captured in the system, or short of that perhaps some way to tell if there are any mods in the sub category. That way the user does not have to click each type to check.

Ah that's very good.

As a programmer myself, I have a very jaded view of most websites... flashy graphics, silly shockwave, bad organization, et cetera. It seems to me that most websites are designed for the webmaster's ego, not for the user.

Very good site- well organized, easy to see what's what, easy to understand what's what... Looks great, I hope the modders insist on using it. Now where was that guy who did the better looking tombstones...? smile.gif

Eden

Dirtweasle,

They just keeping asking for more ;)

Thanks for the suggestion. My take on it.

First, check my news page to get updated on the latest added mods in the future (note on this below).

I don't want to introduce a system that is prone to error on my part and becomes more of a hassle to keep up to date.

Now, as for the main page with some number of mods inside for a category page, that would be helpful. But MODs # is difficult. Sometimes you get multiple mini-mods in one large MOD. It drove me nuts! So I went to "Pics", because one mod may have multiple pics. Keeping Pics # is pointless.

My current solution for this (and has been used for the CMBB Catalogue):

The best way to keep up to date is visit CM Outpost news page. Any time I add to either catalogue, I put a note of it in the news with a link to the appropriate page. This is the current way you check only the pages which were last updated.

Not the best solution, but this will have to do.

Hi...

I'm new to the genre having just purchased the CMBB/CMBO bundle on-line. I've had a chance to play a few PBEM games and have realy enjoyed this game.

I went to this site and was amazed at the amount of work and organization that's gone into it.

As a "newbie" it's a tremendous resource in helping me sort through the maze of mods available. I particularly enjoyed the "reviews" section which has helped me decide on Dan "KwazyDog" Olding's MDMP1 and MDPM2 mods packs for retro fitting CMBO.

I also really like AussieJeff's Terrain Mods for CMBB which I've installed all of them.

Thanks for the fabulous resource site and also a big thanks to ALL of the mod authors who put so much spare time into making CMBB/CMBO gaming more enjoyable for us all.

BadgerDog

Originally posted by gautrek:

Love the catalogue but could i make a small suggestion.Well it is small for me but its alot of work for you.How about adding the BMP numbers for each unit.

This would finish of the catalogue.

Thanks

This would be so helpful! Lots of work though....need a hand Garry?

Thanks folks for the thanks. Hope it will be useful in the future.

Now for all this talk about including the BMP's. WHAT!!!!! HUH!!!!! WHAT'S THAT??!!!!

Have you looked in the CMBB BMP folder lately?

I have already done this work for the infantry and given the table of BMPs to Michael Dorosh at his wonderful site, of which he posted...

Infantry BMP Table at Michael's CMBB GD Site

That took a long time with numbering each BMP and observing in the game. I'm not about to do that with the rest of it.

Including BMP's into the CMBB Catalogue sounds like a nifty idea, but I'd rather see the BMP's in a single text based table, like the infantry one above. We had such a listing for CMBO at Combat Missions web site (no longer avaialable). It was handy, because you could print it out and have it available close at hand when modding. That is the way to go, not dispersed within the MOD Catalogue.

A BMP list will be along sooner or later for CMBB, and probably with BFC's assistance. I know the catalogue seems logical, especially if your a hankering at modding the thing you are currently gazing at in the catalogue. Who knows, maybe I'll add it in later. But the complete BMP text list comes first and I won't attempt to do it in the catalogue until that is in my measly little hands. I'm not going to "research" it like I did the infantry.

What, you guys trying to give me a heart attack?

• 2 weeks later...