The peng challenge: escape from Stalingrad?

Mace

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Breakthrough:

Ive downloaded the PENG Challenge Demo three times now and all I see are these funny messages. Are they errors? :eek:

No, but you should return the demo because it does have one fatal flaw.....you posting here!

Mace

Posted by Mace :

And from discussions I've had with her, I'm convinced that she is a lady (albut a non CMBO or CMBB playing one) and thus should be welcomed here as much as Persephone and YK2.
Typical. The MBT is for those that play...at least I was under that impression. Does this not apply to our Ladies then ?

And I think you mean "albeit" perhaps ?...You can't even spell halibut !

Noba.

Originally posted by Noba:

The MBT is for those that play...at least I was under that impression. Does this not apply to our Ladies then ?

Nope.

The Dames of the pool are always welcomed here whether they play or not.

Besides, they just damned Purty!!

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

And from discussions I've had with her, I'm convinced that she is a lady (albut a non CMBO or CMBB playing one) and thus should be welcomed here as much as Persephone and YK2.

That is a given. The benefit of the doubt should always be extended here. Hell, I doubt most of you exist anyway

Originally posted by BARBELLA:

Poor Old Joe, I think you need some TLC so instead of leaving this God forsaken place like i intended to, i've decided to stick around just for you.

There now, don't you feel better already?

Barbella, I'm sure Joe feels much better now...he really is a nice guy...sometimes.

Persephone

Mace you are a complete and utter imbecile ... oh sorry, didn't mean to start my post in the same manner as your office greets you every day. The RULES are an established and hallowed part of the CessPool and I shall continue to berate those who do not FOLLOW THE TRADITIONS of the MBT. In your case it's doubly easy since you're such an idiot.

As to this Barbarella ... thing! Are we to grant the special and coveted status of Lady of the Pool to anything that wanders in claiming that privilege? Berli says "Yes, give them the benefit of the doubt." And what then if the poster turns out, as Mace turned out, to be a pillock of the first water? If a poster can't make it on their own merits then all they have to do is dress in something frilly, call themselves LULU and ... VOILA (or perhaps Viola, though I don't care for the string section as a rule) they are automatically granted the status equal to that of Squire. No testing, no quests, no judgement by their peers, is this to be allowed?

And what of those who labored so long and hard to master the intriacies of the MBT? Is not their effort cheapened by this laissez faire approach to membership in this, the most coveted of communities? I SAY IT IS.

Some would say "They can be anything they like in the CessPool, it's not up to us to judge them." Aye, true enough in it's way, but NOT when it's done at the expense of the BASE purpose of the CessPool and that is the TAUNT, the gibe, the posturing. No the Ladies of the CessPool are granted a special status that is protected and preserved, as it should be. But now anyone can join and be granted automatic privileges and be allowed to forego all rites of passage.

It's all Treeburst155s fault of course ... and with luck I'll be able to deflect attention from his likely win in our game to this issue ... it's a plan.

Joe

Has anyone but me noticed that Barbarella and Boo use awfully similar manners of parsing their words and paragraph formats?

In other news, the Canadians under the "command" of OGSF have suffered a Yelina Stare of their own at the hands of the mighty Army of Scaliness Group Süd. The battalion commander Hsf Eidische remarked, "You know, if we had those HMG34s they use in the east, I don't even think those maple syrup suckers would have even taken that little flag on the opposite side of the bridge." Commander Tinkler commented from his cell that the scenario designer deserved to be rolled in tar and cotton and left in Mace's place after a big night out.

The toll:

Allies (OGSF): 104 cas (27 KIA), 2 captured, 7 AFV lost; score 15

Axis (Goanna): 41 cas (27 KIA); score 85

I would post more nastiness about OGSF but must refrain as it would appear that he will be treating me to several dozen rounds of ammunition through his vintage WWII arsenal during my visit to Denver in a couple of weeks.

More bile and digital photos will likely follow.

Originally posted by Goanna:

Has anyone but me noticed that Barbarella and Boo use awfully similar manners of parsing their words and paragraph formats?

Once again, Goanna-Bananna, you show that you have the observational skills of an oyster (or if you're from New York, "erster"), wielding a white tipped cane and wrap-around Foster Grants.

Reading over Barbells (neither spelt or bolded just for the heck of it) post at the top of this page, I notice nothing at all similar to our writing styles.

You obviousely don't know what you're talking about and are probably drunk.

Git.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Mace you are a complete and utter imbecile ... oh sorry, didn't mean to start my post in the same manner as your office greets you every day.

Joe, once again you have it all wrong...Mace's office greets him every day with "G'day Brothel Boy"!

Joe, do you think, maybe someday, you will ever be right?

Persephone

Originally posted by Persephone:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Mace you are a complete and utter imbecile ... oh sorry, didn't mean to start my post in the same manner as your office greets you every day.

Joe, once again you have it all wrong...Mace's office greets him every day with "G'day Brothel Boy"!

Joe, do you think, maybe someday, you will ever be right?

Persephone</font>

What I'd REALLY like to know is what happened to ParaBellums thread with German sound translations. I wrote a reply, hit post and all of a sudden my post ended up in some thread about machineguns.

Not that i have anything against machineguns of course. Very odd though. I blame Seanachai.

Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Joe,

I received #2, and sent you #3. I also just resent #3. Don't try to weasel out of this by blaming your email. Just surrender with honor... and quit your salacious salivating over Barbella!

Speaking of Barbella, it's not my fault she's posting here. Your beef is with Roxy. I wouldn't get Roxy upset though, because she might start posting a bunch just to rile you up.

Treeburst155, Squire to Senior Knight Moriarty, Defender of Lost Causes

Roxy: Why Fleabust (not bolded, not spelled because he smells bad), you know I wouldn't do anything to anger Sherriff Joe, except maybe post a little.

Roxanne, Keeper of Castle Moriarty

[ September 04, 2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

So, Treeburst, may I call you Treeburst? Or should I call you Roxy? Or RoxyBurst? Sounds like that Atomic Rock Candy, or whatever it was called...the stuff that would crackle when you put it in your mouth...whatever.

Anyhoo...so which is the dominant personality in that noggin of yours? Do you share time? Who picks up the tab if you're out somewhere? This isn't like that Steve Martin movie, "All Of Me", is it? If your multiple personalities started fighting would it be called a Sybil War?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Of course none of them are around here, mind you...