CMBB 9000 Point Battle

I just set up a small test.

An axis 5000 pts force as attacker in an assault QB with 200% bonus gets 26250 points.

With this I bought 118 veteran Tigers.

For the allies I bought a conscript british rifle platoon.

And a PIAT team.

Anyone want a PBEM?

I prefer axis.

:cool:

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

An axis 5000 pts force as attacker in an assault QB with 200% bonus gets 26250 points.

And a PIAT team.

Anyone want a PBEM?

I prefer axis.

LOL!!!!! :D

-Ski

And a PIAT team.

Anyone want a PBEM?

I prefer axis.

:eek:

Holy freaking armoured division batman!!

:D

And a PIAT team.

Anyone want a PBEM?

I prefer axis.

I can beat armor with infantry anyday. You're on! ;)

And a PIAT team.

Anyone want a PBEM?

I prefer axis.

With 5,000 points you only bought a bleedin' platoon and a single narcoleptic PIAT???!!! What were they, dipped in gold?

Michael

I've read few things on this forum that made me smile more then your following post Parabellum.

-------------------------------------------------

And a PIAT team.

Anyone want a PBEM?

I prefer axis.

--------------------------------------------------

That was very witty my friend. Thanks for the laugh this early in the morning. smile.gif

Hello fellows,

Thanks for the many informative and funny answers. I was referring to a 9000 point default QB selection. Currently in CMBO the highest default selection is 5000 points.

So to ask again, what type of hardware, CPU, RAM and Video Card, would be required to have both opponents play with 9000 points in a QB with the default mods on the CD ?

I was thinking:

CPU - 1 ghz

Ram - 256

Video card - 32 megs

Perhaps a 64 meg video card would be required with this much game play, so things do not bog down. I am not sure!

Thank you

just played a regimental size operation in CMBO, with lots of supports assets (2 panzejäger coy of differnt sizes, 2 recon platoon, more panmzejager units, a inf gun company, and lots of things) i don´t remember how many points there were, but i can say that it was quite a bit larger than 9000 points for both sides, and here were lots of units in the battlefield. All that with the max sized map than CMBO supports.

When all the units were visible (in the editor) it run ok, juts if u go to the top view the fps get lower. my machine is a 1.4 ghz pentium IV with a geforce 2 mx (i must change that fast!) 512 MB of RAM (at 400 mhz) etc etc etc. pretty nice for an old geforce 2 mx. but i think that CMBB uses high-polyshed models than CMBO as well as better texture which means that a better graphic card will be needed

[ June 22, 2002, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: KNac ]

I think if you can run the game, you could run such a battle. CM scales itself very well, so it will just get slower and choppier on the huge map with lots of units. So a better question is how much hardware do I need to run such a battle smoothly with all the graphical options on.

WWB

Built a scenario once that pitted about 30K worth of Allied armor vs 26K of Axis Armor. Mostly Pershings, Super Pershings, a few Fireflies vs Panthers, KTs, JagdTigers\Panthers and a few Tigers. Each side had a base with respective AT weapons. About 10 Flak43\44s + a few 37s and 20s Quads for the Axis. A bunch of 90mm AA Bofors and some 76mm AT guns for the Allies.

Each side got 2 companies of troops. Open winter terrain placed on a moon somewhere. No trees just interesting terrain features smile.gif That is right. CMBO can in theory now be played in Space smile.gif

I played against the computer. I headed them off at the pass. I tell you when you have 12 Panthers, 2 KTs, and a Jagdtiger sitting in amush at the pass. A lot of Pershings go up in smoke smile.gif

My counterattack was just as successfull. When I came out from the mountain passes those 90mms and other tanks lit me up. I would call it a draw with a lot of dead tanks. But damn it was fun to lead probably 30 panthers, 10 KTs, a hew TDs into battle smile.gif

Gen

The amount of video RMAM you need is not depedent on the number of units.

Instead on the number of different textures (BMP file) that are used by units on the map. So it usually is dependent on the number of *different* units, but since some units share textures it is not really linear.

Originally posted by Doug Beman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

One million mega-bytes. *holds up pinky to corner of mouth* tongue.gif

Um...one million mega-bytes isn't that much these days. Why, Virtucon's standard desktop computer features 1.5 million mega-bytes.

DjB</font>

Originally posted by chris talpas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Doug Beman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

One million mega-bytes. *holds up pinky to corner of mouth* tongue.gif

Um...one million mega-bytes isn't that much these days. Why, Virtucon's standard desktop computer features 1.5 million mega-bytes.

DjB</font>

Originally posted by lcm1947:

I've read few things on this forum that made me smile more then your following post Parabellum.

-------------------------------------------------

And a PIAT team.

Anyone want a PBEM?

I prefer axis.

--------------------------------------------------

That was very witty my friend. Thanks for the laugh this early in the morning. smile.gif

Thx lcm1947, I do my best... :D

Originally posted by KNac:

just played a regimental size operation in CMBO, with lots of supports assets (2 panzejäger coy of differnt sizes, 2 recon platoon, more panmzejager units, a inf gun company, and lots of things) i don´t remember how many points there were, but i can say that it was quite a bit larger than 9000 points for both sides, and here were lots of units in the battlefield. All that with the max sized map than CMBO supports.

That sounds interesting! What was the name of the Op?

I don´t have it any longer, it was more an "experiment" than nothing.

The battle was something like this: the germans had formed a regimental size kampfgruppe to brake the american lines and capture a strategic point and if possible continue the atack, the terrain was a big valley between a pair of mountains and woods, with a river and before the river a ridgeline that was where the americans were placed at the begining (and that was the strategic point) the kampfgruppe was divided in 2 main groups, the first one (that appers since the beginning) is formed of the 3 inf bn (that doesn´t mean hat u had to use them all, more explaining later) a pzjager coy assault gun type (with stuG and stuH), a inf gun coy, and the recon assets, with all the artillery assets (a rocket battery included smile.gif

the second group was formed by the rest of (massive) pzjager companies, with lots of 75mm guns and such, they were released in the second or third battle and their job was to form a pak front on the ridge and hold all the american counter atacks

on the other hand the americans only had a inf bn defending the ridge at the begining (the first battle can be a disater for the amercians) but if they use well their TD pn they can kill almost german assault gun, also they have a eng pn mounted on HT as a movile force to reinforce any brake. however is very hard to hold the line, and i must recognize that the ebst is to retreat and safe as much force as possible for later. in the rest of the battles a lot of armor enters as reinfocements for the americans, as it´s supposed a strategic terrain the americans launch a massive counter atack with a lot of armor. and they have to recapture it.

i remember that the victory conditions were impossed manually and not designed by the AAR because is a very flexible scenario and with a very specific target. i stillhaving the OOBs for both sides on paper so if u are interested. an other thing was about briefings and recon, i tried to put some reality on them, and make separtye briefing for each battle with a bit of storyline smile.gif

about what i was trying to experioment with that scenario: how good is the strategic AI in CMBO with large combat, again it wss proved that on the atck it is poor, i tried to change the type of operation to assault but even that way the AI didn´t atack, defending i didn´t tried a lot but i think it was much better. i also wanted to push CMBO to its limits and see how many units could it handle, it was very nice having all the battalion forming smile.gif also wanted to add some strategic elements in the battlefield, as economy of force and force management, minor strategic action (choosing objectives, braking point, larger flanking movements etc etc etc) and omething like that. finally it was a h2h scenario, because of the objective and because it was too much large for the AI and could be interesting. i began it with an other guy, but we lost contact and we didn´t continue it.

now that i´m on holidays i maybe will began again making huge battles and scenarios, both historical and fictional, i´m thinking about the bulge smile.gif