Best Game of all Time?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

I think CMBB is the best game of all time thus far in my opinion, and i've played a ton of games going way back to Atari in 1982. smile.gif

Undoubtedly you're right. But you're still an idjit. And, from this post, we have to figure a 'drunken idjit'.

Be quiet. Go back in the Peng Challenge Thread.

It pains me beyond my ability to express to have said that.

Silly wislets ya missed the to each his own mode.Some peep think Tetris is best game(shudder)I love this game thinking first (cmbo was a feeble proto)but I have and still think EQ is better for my time.But this is a great game but I'd rather play a comp version(sorry gamey)of SL.

The AI is just too easy to beat and after the cool effects wear off the battle results even head to head becomes redundant.No wonder there was a battle fatigue.

Defender of the Crown!!

*sniff* I had forgotten that one. I dont think there will ever be a greater game.

Ahh the feeling when your well aimed catapult shots broke down the wall of the defending castle.

Am I the only one who always played light blue, because then you got Robin Hood on your side most of the time?

Originally posted by Captain Pies:

Elite?? NAhhhhhh SSI's Arnhem on my ZX Spectrum is what got me into this mess.

I remember Arnhem.... smile.gif can't get a clear picture of it, but I remember playing and enjoying it. Just remembered another one (the first wargame I ever played) : Vulcan I believe it was called, does that ring a bell ?? From what I remember it was played in the North Africa theater of operations. On the Spectrum ofcourse, damn fine machine... smile.gif

Just found a picture of Vulcan, I got the name right... it's from 1987.

vulcan.gif

[ November 26, 2002, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: Jard ]

Vulcan I believe it was called, does that ring a bell ??
Ahhh such memories (wipes tear from corner of eye).

I'd forgotten all about that one 'til you reminded me. Where did you get that screenie? can it be that you are the last person on the planet to own a working ZX Spectrum? let alone a tape recorder to load the games on?

Before the bald One beams this thread to the general discussion board:

ELITE!

What a game. Me and my Cobra Mk.III with 35ts of narcotics on our way to a lvl 1 wealthy anarchy planet...

Trashing a pesky pirate in his Krait spaceship, collecting his escape pod and getting 'slaves'... :D

And the best thing: after 8 (?) galaxies, hundreds of planets, thousands of space encounter and months of playing time you finally come back to Lave space station where it all began... *sniff*

More than 15 years ago and I still remember sooo many details...

In a time where the average computer game let you move some blocky sprites from one end of the screen to the other, firing smaller blocky sprites at other blocky sprites ELITE was really something special.

yes i remember elite. it was way cool for it's day. remember how hard docking was before you got a docking computer? i also remember when you got the docking computer it played blue danube while you were docking. i remember transporting some tribbles(or whatever they were called in the game). they began to multiply so much they were crawling across my screen! lol.. those were the days...