***Rumblings Of War II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl***

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have filled six more slots with vets from SuperTed's Newbie Tournaments. The latest additions to the player list are Hoopenfaust 101, f1shlips, Silvio Manuel, Jim L., I-Man, and R.C..

Welcome!

This leaves only one more open slot. We're down to just a couple weeks until this thing kicks off, unless the designers want more time. How are the scenarios coming SuperTed?

Treeburst155 out.

Aaah, SuperTed is working through the night again, I see. Thanks for the update, Ted.

I am also working late tonight. I have divided the 72 players (one OPEN slot) into their respective tourneys. I have printed out the names, cut them up, and put them in a hat (one hat for each tourney). Your names are now being picked out of the hat and typed into this post.

TOURNEY I

Section One

1) Ali

2) Ricochet

3) THumpre

4) Fate

5) Jarmo

6) Mr Spkr

Section Two

1) Lopaka

2) mike8g

3) mPisi

4) John Jelinek

5) Jack Trap

6) Bimmer

Section Three

1) Redwolf

2) Tero

3) Kiwi Joe

4) White4

5) Holien

6) Cogust

Section Four

1) The Capt

2) Juha Ahoniemi

3) von Lucke

4) Wreck

5) Mattias

6) JonS

TOURNEY II

Section One

1) Visom

2) Big Dog

3) Strider

4) Wadepm

5) MickOZ

6) Uber General

Section Two

1) Pixelmaster

2) Torbhen

3) a1steaks

4) J. Porta

5) Scheer

6) Combined Arms

Section Three

1) Tom Norton

2) Kanonier Reichmann

3) JeffWilders

4) StuGIII

5) Tabpub

6) Warhammer

Section Four

1) Soddball

2) C. Rohde

3) Bertram

4) John Kettler

5) Michael Dorosh

6) Ugbash

TOURNEY III

Section One

1) Sgt Gold

2) Gunnersman

3) Ligur

4) Jim L.

5) U8led

6) Kunstler

Section Two

1) Silvio Manuel

2) Hoopenfaust 101

3) Heavy Drop

4) EASY-V

5) GeneralSV

6) Jeb

Section Three

1) Cpt T

2) Jon L

3) Mikeydz

4) Vader's Jester

5) Pilgrim

6) R.C.

Section Four

1) I-Man

2) Lord Dragon

3) Zipper

4) f1shlips

5) Vadr

6) Hobo

So there you have it. Now you know who the enemy is.

Shortly before you begin receiving game files, you will receive a Contact List containing the email addresses of those in your section. You will also receive the schedule for your section. This will tell you who your opponent is for each scenario and which side you will play.

The German player will start the PBEM game with the secure file and password I provide him. In games where you are the Allies, you need only wait for a file from your opponent. You will receive your password and briefings at the same time I send the secure game file to the German player.

I have MANY files to send out. It will take days to get all the briefings, passwords, and secured .cmb files out to the players. You will probably receive one game's files per day for five days. I must work carefully so I don't send the wrong briefings or passwords to the players. When I get tired I have to stop so I don't mess up. One file to the wrong person and security is blown completely and that scenario is ruined for two people. So, be patient once the files begin arriving. Work on what you have. The rest will be coming in due time.

This tourney will be played under extreme Fog Of War. Lots of time and effort goes into making sure your opponents know nothing about your units, setup zones, and the contents of your briefings. Do not discuss the scenarios on the forum! NO AARs, DARs, etc. as others may not have progressed as far in a particular scenario as you have. This should be a fairly boring thread while the tourney is going on. If you leak scenario info, you are only helping the others to your own detriment. Mum's the word.

This FOW includes final game scores! No player should know any final scores, except for his own games, until the end when I will reveal all. Leaking final scores can tip your opponents off as to scenario balance. Think before you type.

If you have not yet done so, PLEASE read the last half of page one of this thread. There are some new procedures for reporting final game scores, submitting AARs, and reporting MIAs. These procedures are simple, but must be followed in order for me to manage 72 people efficiently. THANKS!!

Treeburst155 out.

[ May 22, 2002, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]

I think Tourney I, Section Three may be the roughest section of all. The "underdogs", based on prior performance, would be Tero and White4. Also, based on prior performance, these two I would consider strong players. It's definitely a tough section to be stuck in.

Treeburst155 out.

Calling JK Calling JK I need some training!!!

As for the Fish eater.. What is your point!!!

tongue.gif

I should have switched to desiging scenarios like some others.

;)

H

P.s. I presume TB is getting his own back for all the grief I gave him. Dohhh will I ever learn to keep quiet.

[ May 23, 2002, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Dear participants-to-be,

A WARM WELCOME TO RoW II!!

Please be reminded again, as indicated by TB155, that RoW II will have extreme Fog of War. Extreme. No discussions of scenarios, don’t post scores here, do not describe any tactics used against your opponent.

To the new participants:

Again, be reminded that we use the “Nabla” scoring system to assess your match-ups in this tourney. The “Nabla” does not need balanced scenario’s to score your results. It compares your game results with game results of other combatants in the same scenario. So my advice is: Don’t surrender your troops! Rather pull back your forces if all is lost. You might lose a scenario in a big way, but not as big as your buddies playing the same scenario from the same side. The “Nabla” system rewards you as long as you score above the “losing” median scores of the other combatants. True also for the converse.

Now enjoy the Boots and Track battles!

Regards from the co-sponsor,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------------------

“There is plenty of time to win this game, and to thrash the Spaniards too.”

Francis Drake (1540 - 1596), British navigator/admiral, referring to the sighting of the Armada during a game of bowls, 20 July 1588.