CMBB English Language Printed Manual Now Available for Purchase to CDV Customers!!!

Due to a recent change in European retail requirements, the printed manual included with the European version of Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin, distributed by CDV, contains fewer pages than the version which ships from the Battlefront.com website. The manual's size is limited by the restriction that it must fit into a DVD box, the new European standard for retail software packaging. The pages which could not fit into the printed manual are included on the CD-ROM in PDF format.

Neither Battlefront nor CDV is happy about this arrangement, but it is required of us by retail locations so they can maximize their shelf space through exclusive use of DVD boxes for all new game releases.

We regret that it must be this way and wish to extend an option for those of you who feel that a full-sized printed manual is a "must have".

Although it is not a perfect solution, we are offering to sell a copy of the full-sized, 266-page English language manual to any CDV customer who wishes it. All we ask in return is that our costs be reimbursed.

DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS

You must follow the instructions fully and in the correct order! Failure to do so could delay your manual shipment by several weeks!

1. Place an order online for the Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin Replacement Manual (English Language).

Your credit card will be instantly charged $10 ($3 for the manual plus the shipping and handling charge of $7 for Europe).

2. Tear off the cover page of the CDV Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin Game Manual (any language), and mail it along with your full name and shipping address, to the following address:

ATTN: Scott

Kea/Moran

461 Avenue D

Williston, VT 05495

USA

3. Once we have received the CDV manual cover and verified payment your replacement manual will be shipped out of our warehouse in Ireland.

4. We will only allow ONE Replacement Manual per CDV Cover sent in. For example, If you want to order three Replacement Manuals you will need to send us three CDV Cover Pages.

5. You MUST send us the front cover of the original CDV version game manual along with your full name and mailing address. Failure to do so will result in a lengthy delay or cancellation of the order.

The whole process should take about 2 weeks.

CDV Customer CMBB Replacement Manual Info and Order Page

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats GREAT

I think that is EXCEPTIONAL customer service from a Video Game company that is really only 5 guys doing the BEST they can to make the kinds of games THEY THEMSELVES enjoy playing. (Isn't that what CMBO was all about in the first place?)

Anyway...

Where are the dissenters now??

For $10 US you can get the manual and thats mostly shipping and handling, AND they might even be losing money on the deal (I hope not) to keep some folks happy.

That is a GREAT announcement, given the amount of wailing that was going on here recently!

smile.gif

-tom w

[ September 21, 2002, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by von shrad:

Now that is customer service. Going above and beyond the call to make something work. Just like the reply I received today from Madmatt 15 minutes after my initial e-mail. Fan-tastic.

Way to go BFC and Madmatt.

von shrad,

drifting in the Astral Plane

Ahem, Actually your email arrived to me at 1:38pm and I answered at 1:43pm.

Thats FIVE minutes, not 15...Please make note of that in the future. tongue.gif

Madmatt

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Lol! You guys are fantastic!

If any of you ever have to visit CDV in Karlsruhe and want to make short trip to beautiful ol'Heidelberg, I'd make sure you wouldn't regret it...

:D

Where was that offer LAST week when I was in Germany?!?

Sheesh, I never get no respect...

Madmatt

Matt,

I am impressed. Not perfect, but a fast and effective solution to an annoying problem not of your making, thank you and the team.

When the inevitable complaints from some of my fellow Brits and chaps from Europe turn up on this thread ("Oh, we have to pay for something the Americans get for free" etc. etc.) I really do think that this time you should just tell them to piss off. The amount of such dripping on this board in recent days has gone beyond the reasonable.

Thanks again

Originally posted by Madmatt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ParaBellum:

Lol! You guys are fantastic!

If any of you ever have to visit CDV in Karlsruhe and want to make short trip to beautiful ol'Heidelberg, I'd make sure you wouldn't regret it...

:D

Where was that offer LAST week when I was in Germany?!?

Sheesh, I never get no respect...

Madmatt</font>

Excellent response, and speedy too. As I said in an earlier thread, most other software houses wouldn't have given two hoots.

Not sure who aka_tom_w (or whatever) is referring to as dissenters mind. If he means those that immediately started to slam BTS fair enough. If he means those who were bothered by this, take note - you don't ask, you don't get!

And BTW 'Coffin' some people may indeed adopt that view, albeit I think it would be totally unreasonable to do so. However if they do, they may wish to post accordingly. If that happens, perhaps you should take your own advice. It is a forum after all. AFAIK reading every thread isn't obligatory. Or do you teach intolerance.

[ September 21, 2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Nice work, Matt and BFC, but...

Originally posted by Madmatt:

4. We will only allow ONE Replacement Manual per CDV Cover sent in. For example, If you want to order three Replacement Manuals you will need to send us three CDV Cover Pages.

...I can see it now: European CM fans slipping into retail stores, surreptitiously opening CMBB boxes, ripping the covers off of manuals and quietly replacing the boxes on the shelves. After hastily stuffing the covers into oversized pockets sewn into the linings of their coats for that purpose, they walk out past the store clerk whistling nervously.

Michael

Whole issue should never comes up in first place! BTS screwing on Euro customers. That is not the way to treat Euro customers, I know, I went to business school. MadMatt and BTS all are HYBRIS.

First we have Waffel Grenadiers, now .pdf manual. Now we pay for other manual. Steve you are feeling superior. Attack my positions and not my person. BTS is going quantity over quality, I should know.

All true-blue wargamers know the most important part of game is the manual. More important that game itself. HYBRIS! Steve things he is a demigod. Go away BTS fanboys!

Mmmmmmmm...waffel grenadiers :D

Originally posted by Apache:

Excellent response, and speedy too. As I said in an earlier thread, most other software houses wouldn't have given two hoots.

Not sure who aka_tom_w (or whatever) is referring to as dissenters mind. If he means those that immediately started to slam BTS fair enough. If he means those who were bothered by this, take note - you don't ask, you don't get!

And BTW 'Coffin' some people may indeed adopt that view, albeit I think it would be totally unreasonable to do so. However if they do, they may wish to post accordingly. If that happens, perhaps you should take your own advice. It is a forum after all. AFAIK reading every thread isn't obligatory. Or do you teach intolerance.

Hi

Yes I was refering to a couple of guys like Fred in the last ugly thread about this issue that was recently locked, yeah you know, ... those dissenters smile.gif

as per ... " given the amount of wailing that was going on here recently!"

in that previously locked thread.

thats all

-tom w

[ September 21, 2002, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

No complaints about paying the $10.

The stuff about sending the cover page is unnecessary, pointless and bloody annoying. I assume it's to stop people copying their mate's disk and then getting the manual to go with it - erm, has it actually occured to anybody that that copy will have the .pdf manual on it anyway ?! Stops no piracy at all, and just annoys honest purchasers who want a proper manual (and are paying to get it). Or at least would-be purchasers - without this idiocy the manual could be making it's merry way across the Atlantic during the fortnight until the UK release, so I would have it when I need it.

Not impressed, sorry...

[ September 21, 2002, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Hertston ]

Originally posted by Hertston:

No complaints about paying the $10.

The stuff about sending the cover page is unnecessary, pointless and bloody annoying. I assume it's to stop people copying their mate's disk and then getting the manual to go with it - erm, has it actually occured to anybody that that copy will have the .pdf manual on it anyway ?! Stops no piracy at all, and just annoys honest purchasers who want a proper manual (and are paying to get it). Not impressed, sorry...

um....

Sorry, but it also stops some folks (who know how) from getting a manual for only $10.00 U.S. after they downloaded the "not official" verison (without ANY copy protection) from those disreputable FREE game download places, ;) if you know what I mean.....

-tom w