Time for me to go i think.

Over the past few months i have been finding it increasingly difficult to manage my Real Life obligations and those of my full-time hobby, COMBAT MISSION. I am being made redundant in July, and i really need to start concentrating all my efforts on dealing with this. Not only are the bastards making me redundant, i'm also having to do twice as much work to make sure the hand-over to the new company goes smoothly!

It is therefore with sad regret that i announce my intentions to leave CMHQ with immediate affect -- i wouldn't be able to do it justice, so it's better that i leave now.

I would like to thank both Madmatt & Ted, for allowing me the opportunity to contribute to the community on the BIGGEST CM site there is.

I've made a great number of friends over my past two years association with CM, both when i was running COMBAT MISSIONS, and more recently at CMHQ. There are just too many to list, but here are a few people i would like to thank:

Gordon Molek, Phillipe Davine, Juju, Clubfoot, Tiger, Gremlin, Rune, PawBroon, Andew Fox, Moon, Ed Kinney, Franko, Rob/1 (aka Panzerman, aka Sherman smile.gif ), Wolfe, Admiral Keth, as well as, of course, Matt and Ted. I know i have left loads of people out, but hey, this isn't the Oscars is it!

Well, thats it i guess. I hope to still have some part to play in the CM community, but perhaps not on the same scale as before.

Edited: Because i added a few more names i forgot to the list. :D

[ April 06, 2002, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Manx ]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ted and I are sorry to see you go, I know you had some great things in the works for CMHQ and beyond but I also know all too well how often and cruely REAL LIFE can intrude into our favorite little obsession.

Take care of yourself Mark!

Madmatt

Manx,

I have enjoyed the time we have worked together. I just wish it would have lasted longer, but I understand your predicament. I hope all is well and the future holds great things for you. Take care.

Cheers, mate (that one's for Matt ;) ).

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Thanks for all your work. You will be missed.

By the way, what does being made redundant mean?

That's how cowards in large corporations tell you they screwed up their planning and don't need you anymore.

When me revulsion at being the personal file-boy for my two bosses at the bank finally made itself obvious, the catch phrase they hit me with was "we've decided not to renew your contract."

[ April 06, 2002, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Damn! Bummer! You will be sorely missed around here. You have added a great! deal to this game and it won't be the same without you but good luck and god bless you and yours. Perhaps this will work out for the better. In my experience good things always always happens to good people. May this be the case. Sincerely.

Manx,

thanks for all the hard work and dedication to the CM community over the last few years. smile.gif

God bless you and lets hope you don't get over stressed because what you company is doing.

I think BigDog said it best

"SALUTE"

[ April 06, 2002, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Mark,

You will be missed,thanks for all of the HARD WORK you have given this community,You know it says alot about a person when you give your time unselfishly for the fulfillment of others..

Scott Johnson

SARGON