What Should Be in the Patch?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE: I do not whine, the game is great as it is. But as the topic came up anyway here are a few things I found

Wishlist of fixes for the next patch:

When splitting squads, the second half always counts as dead with regards to victory points.

The slow turn rate of standing vehicles does not match with the fact that an initial turn into (but not from) movement is executed much faster.

Slow artillery observeres (non-radio) must get functionality to get out of trouble quickly. It is funny to assume they pick up all the wire behind them when there is a human wave of SMG squads oncoming. Yeah I know this is probably the same issue as an abandon command for guns, but it is even more serious here, IMHO. Maybe you can make them react to "withdrawln" with full running speed. I don't think that will be abused for gamey tricks to get them into good positions much.

CMBB has the feature that when both sides drop below 25% morale there is an automatic cheasefire. I want that to be settable by the user. We played fine with a voluntary 50% setting in CMBO. But in the heat of battle people forget to check. The 50% works great, it cuts the time for a TCP/IP battle by a wide margin and the definition of winner and loser does not seem to be considerably distorted. I have no doubt other people find 50% to be a joke. I don't see how making this adjustable would harm the game.

[ September 25, 2002, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Originally posted by redwolf:

The slow turn rate of standing vehicles does not match with the fact that an initial turn into (but not from) movement is executed much faster.

There is something in need of pointing out. Rotating vehicles never bog. Moving vehicles may bog, depending on the terrain and weather conditions.

This is just something I figured needs poiting out. Not sure if BFC will change rotation speed or not.

[ September 25, 2002, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: FFE ]

When setting waypoints, allow the backspace key to delete the last waypoint, while the mouse is active for setting the next waypoint. CMBO allowed this, while in CMBB the backspace key doesn't do anything when the mouse is setting the waypoint. Enabling the backspace key allowed quick corrections of waypoints, especially when right-clicking to add a number of waypoints in a row.

When setting waypoints, allow the backspace key to delete the last waypoint, while the mouse is active for setting the next waypoint. CMBO allowed this, while in CMBB the backspace key doesn't do anything when the mouse is setting the waypoint. Enabling the backspace key allowed quick corrections of waypoints, especially when right-clicking to add a number of waypoints in a row.
agreed...

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />When setting waypoints, allow the backspace key to delete the last waypoint, while the mouse is active for setting the next waypoint. CMBO allowed this, while in CMBB the backspace key doesn't do anything when the mouse is setting the waypoint. Enabling the backspace key allowed quick corrections of waypoints, especially when right-clicking to add a number of waypoints in a row.

agreed...</font>

Originally posted by mPisi:

YES! that one!

Also the Grille (sig 33 auf Pz38t) & Grille (sig 33/1 auf Pz38t) look identical to the Wespe. I am assuming they share BMP's.

I know both the Wespe and Grille (both versions) were very similar, but the Grille had a 150mm howiter where the Wespe had a 105mm Howitzer, but they both appear to have the same gun. Both have a 105mm Howitzer mounted.

Originally posted by Commissar:

Ok, other than the proper textures for vehicles sharing textures like the T-44 looking like a T-34/85 or the IS-3 looking like an IS-2/Model 1944, what else should BFC include in the upcoming or latter, future patches?

I think BFC are adding whole new models in the patch, not just textures.

Originally posted by Doug Beman:

You're giving movement orders to a unit, and have already set 3 waypoints, and still have the "MOVE" command selected. You want to de-select the MOVE command, which you could do in CMBO by hitting the backspace key.

Negative... I want to delete the last waypoint set without deselecting the MOVE command...

This image shows how you delete the last waypoint with the backspace key while keeping the movement selected...

movement.jpg

I think BFC are adding whole new models in the patch, not just textures.
This is correct. Several models and their textures are currently placeholders. As the new 3D models are added into the patch we are doing the new textures.

Apparently it was vital to have the various vehicle specs, info etc in the code, but any old 3D model, since the info can't be inserted afterwards but the 3D model and textures can be replaced.

When setting up forces in a QB, allowing the player to left click select, hold down mouse button and drag units to the desired location, then let go mouse button to place the unit. That is only 1 click of a mouse button to place a unit, instead of the current 3.

It would prove much faster and less repetitive, especially for large QB's with LOTS of units to place!

AussieJeff

Originally posted by Shatter:

Also the Grille (sig 33 auf Pz38t) & Grille (sig 33/1 auf Pz38t) look identical to the Wespe. I am assuming they share BMP's.

I know both the Wespe and Grille (both versions) were very similar, but the Grille had a 150mm howiter where the Wespe had a 105mm Howitzer, but they both appear to have the same gun. Both have a 105mm Howitzer mounted.

Look in the data window, the data for both Grilles and the Wespe should differ. The graphical representation is irrelevant to the game calculation. To all intents and purposes it could be represented by a 1951 Oldsmobile with a huge carrot on the roof. That will not affect the game.

Well, bugs will of course be fixed, so I'm throwing in some new features...

Removal of the password protection after the last turn, when only the AAR remains.

Survival points eligable squads. Similar to CMBOs exit eligable troops, but they are rewarded not if they exit the map but if they survive the scenario and stay on the map.

Possibility to run it from a command line.

Possibility to 'accept' a movie only turn without actually watching the movie. (When I receive a movie it would be nice to just accept it and return the result file and then later on watch the movie when the next file arrives). This would speed up PBEM games, as we could then tell our email clients to accept and return the file immediately without touching the PC.

Originally posted by redwolf:

When splitting squads, the second half always counts as dead with regards to victory points.

I'm not sure i understand this. You mean, when you split the squad, the B part is automatically, instantly considered as casualties?

Originally posted by mPisi:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Doug Beman:

You're giving movement orders to a unit, and have already set 3 waypoints, and still have the "MOVE" command selected. You want to de-select the MOVE command, which you could do in CMBO by hitting the backspace key.

Negative... I want to delete the last waypoint set without deselecting the MOVE command...

This image shows how you delete the last waypoint with the backspace key while keeping the movement selected...

</font>