Peng west of the Pecos: The Challenge goes to Texas

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Mace and Joe-

Southwestern Bell's email server is apparently down. They are not sure when it will be back up (it's been dead since about 6am).

Try again tomorrow afternoon and see if you have any luck then.

Same goes for any email opponents.

Steve

Okay pal, we'll try it then ... if that's the way you want to play it ... it's a damn poor workman who blames his tools!

Joe

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen, Ladies, Knights, Squires, Serfs, and...well, whoever that is standing over there in the corner with their hands in their pockets...Yes! We can see you, lad! You might want to consider actually participating in the Thread, and not shaming yourself and your parents by what you were just caught at:

I am taking a dramatic, nay, Thread challenging step. I am opening the First Ever Trial of a Peng Challenge Member by the Outer Boards Ever Conducted.

This will be beyond merely 'Big'. I interrupt our normal activities for something so overwhelming, so momentous, that even Peng himself might drag his sorry ass back in here to be a part of it. I anticipate a certain guarded concern even from BTS themselves!

You will all be a party to it. There will have to be 'Members of the Court'. There will have to both 'Prosecutors', and 'Defense Attorneys'. There will have to be a be the 'Seating of the Jury'. There will be 'Outer Board Fecking Idjits' wandering in here to offer testimony.

When this one breaks open, it will probably keep everyone on the edge of their seat until goddamn CMBB is released, and we can all stand down from reading petty bitchiness on the Outer Boards for weeks! Perhaps months!

I am speaking of no ordinary Trial, which has been common enough here in the Peng Challenge Thread.

I'm speaking of something that will cause 'worlds to collide'!

Wait for it, and remember, we are the Elite of the Combat Mission Forum. This means we get to throw both comments, and food!

Gentlemen, Ladies, Knights, Squires, Serfs, and...well, whoever that is standing over there in the corner with their hands in their pockets...Yes! We can see you, lad! You might want to consider actually participating in the Thread, and not shaming yourself and your parents by what you were just caught at:

I am taking a dramatic, nay, Thread challenging step. I am opening the First Ever Trial of a Peng Challenge Member by the Outer Boards Ever Conducted.

This will be beyond merely 'Big'. I interrupt our normal activities for something so overwhelming, so momentous, that even Peng himself might drag his sorry ass back in here to be a part of it. I anticipate a certain guarded concern even from BTS themselves!

You will all be a party to it. There will have to be 'Members of the Court'. There will have to both 'Prosecutors', and 'Defense Attorneys'. There will have to be a be the 'Seating of the Jury'. There will be 'Outer Board Fecking Idjits' wandering in here to offer testimony.

When this one breaks open, it will probably keep everyone on the edge of their seat until goddamn CMBB is released, and we can all stand down from reading petty bitchiness on the Outer Boards for weeks! Perhaps months!

I am speaking of no ordinary Trial, which has been common enough here in the Peng Challenge Thread.

I'm speaking of something that will cause 'worlds to collide'!

Wait for it, and remember, we are the Elite of the Combat Mission Forum. This means we get to throw both comments, and food!

Ladies, Gentlemen, and SSNs

Seniour Knights, Knights, Squires, and Serfs

Fellow Olde Ones, Ladies of the Pool, Justicar, Herald, Lawyers, Grogs, and Fools

Oyez, Oyez. We of the Peng Challenge are called upon to do our duty, to justify our exalted, and often exempt position, and to hear the Case of One Slapdragon, Defendant.

The members of this Thread will hold themselves in readiness for whatever role will be required of them in this trial!

Ladies, Gentlemen, and SSNs

Seniour Knights, Knights, Squires, and Serfs

Fellow Olde Ones, Ladies of the Pool, Justicar, Herald, Lawyers, Grogs, and Fools

Oyez, Oyez. We of the Peng Challenge are called upon to do our duty, to justify our exalted, and often exempt position, and to hear the Case of One Slapdragon, Defendant.

The members of this Thread will hold themselves in readiness for whatever role will be required of them in this trial!

I thought this trial was supposed to be conducted in the outer wastelands.

And I'll add my voice to that paramount question raised by Mace, will there be Stenographers

{edited to uphold that great Australian tradition}

[ May 12, 2002, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Speedy ]

I thought this trial was supposed to be conducted in the outer wastelands.

And I'll add my voice to that paramount question raised by Mace, will there be Stenographers

{edited to uphold that great Australian tradition}

[ May 12, 2002, 02:49 AM: Message edited by: Speedy ]

All right you festering Gnome. Upon what grounds do you wish to proceed with this farce? Is it that My Lord, Liege and all round nice guy, Slapgragon, is a knowledgable, affable, and completely harmless person who wouldn't harm anyone ? Except of course people whom can't stay on subject and resort to personal abuse to deflect from a baseless argument ?

Ha ! I thought so. As his one and only Squire I demand a full list of the baseless charges be posted forthwith. We will show that the "Trial" is politically motivated and un-constitutional !

Feh ! A Cheap Trick indeed !

Noba.

All right you festering Gnome. Upon what grounds do you wish to proceed with this farce? Is it that My Lord, Liege and all round nice guy, Slapgragon, is a knowledgable, affable, and completely harmless person who wouldn't harm anyone ? Except of course people whom can't stay on subject and resort to personal abuse to deflect from a baseless argument ?

Ha ! I thought so. As his one and only Squire I demand a full list of the baseless charges be posted forthwith. We will show that the "Trial" is politically motivated and un-constitutional !

Feh ! A Cheap Trick indeed !

Noba.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Oh, and Seanachai? Have you ever heard of the band "Cheap Trick"? Although they don't play the lyre, methinks they are right up your alley/

Er, yes, but I think you're probably on about me abusing you on the Newbie Tournament thread.

Get over it.

I could abuse and humiliate you at far greater length than you can ever imagine.

I don't, of course, because you are my former Squire, and I like you.

And really, lad. Cheap Trick? Why not ask me if I'm familiar with the musical work of the Partridge Family? The two are about on par.

But we're not here to deal with your childhood rebellions made manifest, while you long after a date with Marcia Brady.

We're concentrating on the Trial of Slapdragon.

You're either for, or against, lad. Unless, of course, you're empaneled for the Jury.

Then you're waiting to for the chance to dance around singing about your prejudices.

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Oh, and Seanachai? Have you ever heard of the band "Cheap Trick"? Although they don't play the lyre, methinks they are right up your alley/

Er, yes, but I think you're probably on about me abusing you on the Newbie Tournament thread.

Get over it.

I could abuse and humiliate you at far greater length than you can ever imagine.

I don't, of course, because you are my former Squire, and I like you.

And really, lad. Cheap Trick? Why not ask me if I'm familiar with the musical work of the Partridge Family? The two are about on par.

But we're not here to deal with your childhood rebellions made manifest, while you long after a date with Marcia Brady.

We're concentrating on the Trial of Slapdragon.

You're either for, or against, lad. Unless, of course, you're empaneled for the Jury.

Then you're waiting to for the chance to dance around singing about your prejudices.